Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great movies

Share your great movies!

I watched Superman 2 last night, the real Superman, Christopher Reeve! Top movie

Anyone seen Halloween?? Dying to see it!!

Comment

wife took me to see A star is born very surprised solid flick Cooper was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
        Was it good?

Comment

It felt more like a compilation of their music with the story in the background. The opening shots are great and really get the movie going. Rami Malek really does look like Mercury--at least when he has his sun glasses on. He nails it. Mike Myers has a great cameo role. It's worth the price of admission.

A Star Is Born was also very good. Both movies make you feel like you're there, in the crowd and on the stage. Bohemian Rhapsody had CGI and some shots of people in pubs, in the crowd that I think didn't work. I think A Star is Born did a better job of making the concerts feel real. This had more of a story going for it too, but I was not a fan of the ending. I kind of felt the movie was ripping Titanic. Also Lady Gaga can't sing in French.

I'm not crazy about a lot of the movies lately, especially the super hero stuff, but I'd like to see more musical/music themed movies. Jacques Demy made the best ones and I wish there were more films like his.

Comment

thx ... i'll check it out

Comment

The classic Good, Bad & Ugly trilogy is up on Netflix. Forgot how good those films were. Just don't make anything of that quality anymore.

Comment

Anyone see the Maradona doco/movie? Not bad but I have seen better ones years ago that cover Napoli days and more

Comment

Didn't see it ^^

Looking forward to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Comment

Came out a few years ago, but is by far one of the most well done movies I've ever seen - Hacksaw Ridge.

An amazing story, backed by great acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                      Anyone see the Maradona doco/movie? Not bad but I have seen better ones years ago that cover Napoli days and more
                      https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/diego-maradona

It premiers on HBO October 1st in the US.

The only matches of his I saw when he was at Napoli were against Stuttgart, when Napoli won the UEFA cup. Back then the finals were two-leg affair. He scored a great goal from a free-kick and in the second game got an assist to kill the final in a good match that ended 3-3. Klinsmann was beginning to look like a more threatening player than Maradona at this stage in his career. He looked over weight and he couldn't take players on. He was not the same player he was in 1986 and the lifestyle he had in Napoli was dulling his talents. Helping Argentina to the 1990 World Cup final was the last high point of his career, but even during that time it was evident he wasn't the same player that took the world by storm.

Comment

If anyone gets a chance to watch the Aussie TV show Wentworth - do it - It runs for 7 seasons with 12 episodes per season - Its about the ongoings of a Womens prison in Melbourne - nothing like Orange is The New Black this is far more suspenseful gritty and engaging .

Comment

Working...
                        X