What Stadiums have you attended games at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Stadiums have you attended games at?

Thought it would be an interesting subject. This is quite a global community - so the more out there the better..

Here are mine:

Wembley (new stadium) - good quality venue.
    West Ham (old one) - Watched Oly there - absolute rat hole.
    Stamford Bridge - good quality facility. Been around 4 times and once as an Olympiacos away fan.
    Goodison Park - depressing stadium and fans.
    Brentford Stadium (old one) - meh..
    Craven Cottage - outdated facility next to the river. Watched Greece vs Korea there.
    Anfield - watched Barcelona there - depressing and had a sewage smell at times..

Camp Nou - Perhaps the best stadium i have visited and watched a game at.

Karaiskaki (New Stadio) - been a fair few times - excellent stadium.
    OAKA - actually watched the Olympics 200 meters there. Poor visibility - even for athletics.

Estádio Independência - watched Atletico vs Cruzeiro there. Super steep tiered stadium.

Old Karaiskaki
    New Karaiskaki
    OAKA
    Leoforo
    Rizoupoli
    * a few other second division xorafia was too young to remember which ones my uncle was an Apollon fan and I was a 7yo been driven around by him.
    And of course over a dozen in Australia....

Comment

Originally posted by RED SHERIFF View Post
      Old Karaiskaki
      New Karaiskaki
      OAKA
      Leoforo
      Rizoupoli
      * a few other second division xorafia was too young to remember which ones my uncle was an Apollon fan and I was a 7yo been driven around by him.
      And of course over a dozen in Australia....
      Which is the best aussie one you visited for football?

Comment

Best Aussie is AAMI Park

The rest are cricket ovals or Aussie rules Ovals...absolutely brutal for football..

I watched Olympiakos vs Melbourne Victory at what is now Marvel stadium...that was horrible
        Watched Greece vs Australia at MCG...Terrible viewing..
        My first football match at a Cricket oval was Iraklis vs Australia at MCG...IN 1984? Horrible viewing still scarred..

Comment

I’ve done OAKA and maybe it’s the hype of been there but when I sat on the sides I’ve enjoyed it. Sitting with Original couldn’t really see much of the game that well. Have never sat on the top tier would I would like to do.

Have been to Viskekidis to watch Aris and that was amazing I have to say, not only the amazing view but the fans were incredible

Have been to the Olympico in Rome to watch Roma, besides being roasted by the sun I had a good time

In Oz AAMI Park and Suncorp are stand outs, Sydney Football Stadium was good, many good viewings there.

Im a season pass holder for the Bulldogs so go ANZ regularly, we have good seats so I do enjoy it there and facilities are good. If you side behind the goals up top tiers it’s not good

Comment

AAMI park you both mention looks like a typical modern European Football ground:

Comment

It is, I used to go there all the time in 2007 when it was Olympic Park but it got a big upgrade a few years ago to that and it’s fantastic.

Sydney will be getting two bigger and better stadiums in a couple of years though, one at Moore Park and will be the new Football Stadium as well as Parramatta stadium getting a massive upgrade. Both will be something else

Comment

Karaiskaki Greece-Norway
                Old Oaka Pao-Rosenborg
                Bmo field TFC

Comment

Yeah AAMI Park Melbourne is very typical new European club stadium.. The only one of its kind in Australia at the moment.

Comment

I recently got chance to watch a match at the Malaysian NT stadium ‘Bukit Jalil’ and it is superb. Please google it to see some images but it is a mirror image to Greece.
                    In Malaysia, the stadium is great but the football is crap. In Greece, the stadiums are kinda crap now but the football is quite good.

Comment

I’ve only been to Karaiskakis stadium in 2012. For both Greece and Olympiakos. For the Greece game it was a decent turnout. Was loud and energetic. I didn’t get to see Karagounis, Salpingidis and Samaras bit it was a good experience. The game where Ninis was man of the match. I watched with my dad and after the game he was very impressed by K.Papadopoulos and Ninis. The Oly game was champions league and it was the best experience of my life. Fans going crazy and loud chanting, was a very proud moment as I’m from the port of Athens, Pireaus.

Comment

Nikos Goumas
                        Spyros Louis
                        Daegu World Cup Stadium (saw the 2002 WC third place match there)
                        Busan " " " (Watched France vs. Uruguay and S. Africa vs. Paraguay)
                        Suwon " " " (Watched the u-20 World Cup group stages)
                        Daejeon " " " same
                        Ulsan " " "
                        Jeonju " " " Watched the 3rd place match and finals of u-20 World Cup, got pictures too.
                        The Olympistadion
                        Montreal Olympic Stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Kallithea View Post
                          I recently got chance to watch a match at the Malaysian NT stadium ‘Bukit Jalil’ and it is superb. Please google it to see some images but it is a mirror image to Greece.
                          In Malaysia, the stadium is great but the football is crap. In Greece, the stadiums are kinda crap now but the football is quite good.
                          Malaysia might host the World Cup in 2034 or 2038 along with the other south east Asian countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                            Thought it would be an interesting subject. This is quite a global community - so the more out there the better..

Here are mine:

Wembley (new stadium) - good quality venue.
                            West Ham - Watched Oly there - absolute rat hole.
                            Stamford Bridge - good quality facility. Been around 4 times and once as an Olympiacos away fan.
                            Goodison Park - depressing stadium and fans.
                            Craven Cottage - outdated facility next to the river. Watched Greece vs Korea there.
                            Anfield - watched Barcelona there - depressing and had a sewage smell at times..

Camp Nou - Perhaps the best stadium i have visited and watched a game at.

Karaiskaki (New Stadio) - been a fair few times - excellent stadium.
                            OAKA - actually watched the Olympics 200 meters there. Poor visibility - even for athletics.

Estádio Independência - watched Atletico vs Cruzeiro there. Super steep tiered stadium.
                            Honestly, I am morbidly curious to visit Anfield.

Half of the people claim that the atmosphere is amazing and it is supported by video evidence and the other half think it isn't anything special...

Comment

Anfield
                              Craven Cottage
                              Wembley
                              Emirates
                              Selhurst Park
                              Stamford Bridge
                              White Hart Lane (Old)
                              Sydney Olympic Stadium
                              Sydney Football Stadium
                              Melbourne Cricket Ground
                              Friends Arena