Sri Lanka Terrorist Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Lanka Terrorist Attack

On Easter Sunday, islamic extremists attacked churches, hotels, and even tried to detonate a bomb at Sri Lanka's Colombo International Airport, but this was successfully defused. More than 200 dead, with more than double that injured.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-kill-over-200

Many left wing politicians such as Obama and Hilary Clinton went to great lengths to avoid the use of "Christian" and instead called the many who perished "Easter Worshippers".

Instead of using the label "Christians", Obama and Clinton referred to the victims of the attacks as "Easter Worshippers", elicited ridicule from conservatives on Twitter.
    The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka.

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) April 21, 2019
    On this holy weekend for many faiths, we must stand united against hatred and violence. I'm praying for everyone affected by today's horrific attacks on Easter worshippers and travelers in Sri Lanka.

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) April 21, 2019
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...out-sri-lankan

Some may not want to admit it but for all intents and purposes, I do think there is an extreme prejudice against Christianity in 2019. When the awful Christchurch shooting happened in New Zealand, the MSM and New Zealand's PM used it as a means to not only ban guns, but also to blame radical far right extremists. But when scores of christians are killed, politicians and other media members will liken Christians to "Easter Worshipers" and will avoid calling radical islam as the source of the deaths.

The bombs are still going off. Sri Lanka has had long running problems with the breakaway Tamils (Indians), but Islamic-inspired attacks are a growing problem. It's not just Christians under threat, it's Buddhists and Hindus too.

I fear attacks against Christians in churches will continue and not just in Sri Lanka. People need to be vigilant. If they see something odd or suspicious at church, they need to report it. I really think churches need to consider having armed guards, either volunteers or paid men, and well laid out security protocols. If they want to keep their churches safe, this is what it's going to take.

Comment

There is a coordinated effort being made to avoid identifying the victims as Christians and the attackers as Muslims. Pathetic.

Washington Post Blames Attacks on the M Word: "Militants"
      N.B.: WaPo have updated their article to note that Islamic militants carried out the attack, but they still don't identify the victims as Christians.

NYT: While "Who? Whom?" Is the Relevant Question for Understanding, Say, the Kate Smith Crisis, Our Headlines on Sri Lanka Won't Give You a Clue About "Who? Whom?" in Sri Lanka

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2019-04-21-19.20.14.png
Views:	43
Size:	757.0 KB
ID:	4029

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
        The bombs are still going off. Sri Lanka has had long running problems with the breakaway Tamils (Indians), but Islamic-inspired attacks are a growing problem. It's not just Christians under threat, it's Buddhists and Hindus too.

I fear attacks against Christians in churches will continue and not just in Sri Lanka. People need to be vigilant. If they see something odd or suspicious at church, they need to report it. I really think churches need to consider having armed guards, either volunteers or paid men, and well laid out security protocols. If they want to keep their churches safe, this is what it's going to take.

Couldn't agree more. I myself found myself worrying about going to church for palm sunday because of these attacks. It has gotten to the point where you don't feel safe going anywhere because someone who doesn't like your way of doing things could kill you.

Who's to say this won't happen to Greeks in Greece or in the diaspora?

Who's to say a Turk or some other national won't pretend to be a greek orthodox churchgoer and detonate the whole church.

It's a very sad state of affairs and for the MSM to willingly not acknowledge who is responsible for these atrocities, makes the public ignorant and unaware of what's going on and what realities exist today.

Comment

Yes it is curious how many mainstream outlets went around the houses to avoid using the word Christian. The place has only 10% muslims, but it seems to have some sort of dark network going on down there.

You can add to the list the New Zealand PM refusing to use the word Christians:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12224177

However she is not afraid to use the word muslims when describing the horrific attacks in her own country..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ull-transcript

What can we do...

I was kinda thinking it was weird how the Greek Government did not send troops to Syria to protect the freshly liberated Christian villages. It seems the Christians in Syria were just left to the wind.. like the Christians in Egypt and beyond.

Comment

Today's Greek leadership is spineless and Tsipras does not try to hide the fact that he dislikes the church. I agree that there should be a balance between church and state, but Greece is a orthodox christian nation and should have extended help to those who need it. It would not only be a religious deed, but in terms of foreign policy, this would have been a boost.

But as you said what can we do?

These mass tragedies dont matter to the elites unless it allows them to further their agenda on anti-Christianity, and guns.

Also, it's been confirmed by the defense minister of Sri Lanka and ISIS themselves, that ISIS was responsible for the attack, stating this was in retaliation for the New Zealand attacks.

Comment

Dead set, what a world we live in... outrage when muslims are killed, this happens to christians and they can’t even say it. NZ disgracefully even went as far as wearing the burka for fucks sake

Comment

The west has now morphed into a self deprecating society that holds high the notion that white/conservatism/Christianity is bad and we must be forever apologetic for the sins committed by colonialism.

It's 2019, I and the majority of people who live in the west have absolutely no ties to colonial atrocities, and yet somehow we have to feel bad about what happened ages ago.

The likes of Jacinda Ardern (PM for NZ) can pull off some political stunts after muslims get murdered, but on the world stage, all westernized societies have essentially dismissed the sri lanka attacks as an attack on easter worshippers.

It's downright disrespectful and disgusting

Comment

Gets weirder.

The darling of the left, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez made 14 Tweets/retweets concerning the NZ attacks.

About the Sri Lanka attacks? Zero Tweets. Nothing..

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...d-Christchurch

Comment

Working...
                  X