Neo Ottoman Empire in Northern Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Russia isn't hitting them back ATM. I suspect they won't and some sort of agreement will be reached. I don't think Russia will accept the loss of Syrian land to them, so it will be interesting to see how those negotiations work out.

Pompeo is agitating for US involvement in Syria to confront Russia. He's a real piece of work. Under his encouragement and influence, Trump ordered the hit on Soleimani. When those two are on the same wavelength, watch out.

Comment

Turkey is not declaring all its dead. They are airlifting dead and wounded Turks back to Turkey constantly. Russia cleared Saraquib of jihadis and Turks and the place was full of them.

Comment

Turkey has a lot of their powerful artillery inside Turkey. That is holding Russia and Syria back from reclaiming the whole area. The Turks are hiding in their own shell, knowing NATO may have to come to their defense if they are hit on Turkish territory, and Russia hasn't dared to hit them there... yet.

Comment

Al-Qaeda in Syria (HTS) has decided to restart the fighting. So much for the ceasefire. It looks Erdogan has left Brussels empty handed and now the deal he made in Moscow is dead on arrival. Get fucked Erdogan.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
            Don Giovanni commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm convinced the deal in Moscow was just face saving exercise for Erdogan and Putin playing nice to prop him up.

And they say the wars in the Middle East are about democracy...

Erdogan wants to jointly manage Syria’s oil fields

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says he has proposed the joint management of oil fields in eastern Syria to Russian President Vladimir Putin, and has suggested that Russia and Turkey can manage the oil fields in place of the “terrorists” who control them at present.
          He claims he made these proposals to Putin. It's strange he would acknowledged this so publicly. If he made this proposal, then why was he so eager to go to Brussels demanding support in Syria? It must mean Putin did not look so favorably upon this suggestion. He's looking to gain EU and NATO leverage over Russia, yet even that was not forthcoming. Now he's testing the waters to see if he can turn this proposal to Trump.

on previous occasions, Russian officials have repeatedly criticized efforts by any country to violate Syria’s territorial integrity or plunder its resources. In November, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov accused Washington of trying to separate eastern Syria’s oil-rich territories to create an illegal quasi-state.

A month before that, the Russian military released detailed intelligence implicating the US in a major oil-smuggling operation involving the CIA, the US military, private contractors and Kurdish militias.
          Every indication suggest Putin will not give up Syrian territory to Turkey, but Putin does want to keep Erdogan in power to prevent a more Western friendly leader from taking power in Turkey.

Erdogan was also showing his true Islamist colours, calling on jihad:

https://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_...albanians.html

"we will be violent to the kuffar. Like in Syria.” Tayyip Erdogan

Tughra_of_Suleiman_I_the_Magnificent

"Contemporary Turkish Calls for Jihad

On October 25, 2019, Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan attended the Friday prayers at the Great Çamlıca Mosque in Istanbul.

He was accompanied by Istanbul’s governor Ali Yerlikaya, mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu, Istanbul’s chief of police Mustafa Çalışkan and the head of the Istanbul branch of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), Bayram Şenocak. After the prayers, the hafiz of the mosque recited the Koranic Verse Al-Fath, which means “victory, triumph, conquest”.

Then, Erdogan took the microphone and recited a part of the verse first in Arabic and then in Turkish.

He told the crowd:
          Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And

Erdogan then referred to another Koranic verse, As-Saff-13, in Arabic:

Inshallah, God has promised us in Syria: ‘Nasrun minallahi ve fethun karib ve beşşiril mu’minin.’ [‘Victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers’]. We see it is happening right now. With the permission of Allah, we will see it even more… I will meet some presidents of foreign countries [Russian and Iranian] at the Dolmabahce Palace today. I ask for your permission now to go there.”

The congregants then cheered Erdogan on, shouting “Allahu Akbar” (Allah is great). " Yaakov Apelbaum

-------------------

This is from Yaakov Apelbaum's article on the Ottoman Declaration of a Jihad in 1914. As I have repeatedly reminded the pilgrim horde, the Ottoman sultan was also caliph and commander of the Sunni 'umma (Islamic community). The fatwa declaring jihad was intended to cause rebellions among the Muslim subject population of the British and French empires. This was only moderately effective.

It is nevertheless instructive to have the words of Sultan Tayyip the Great's sentiments toward the kuffar. The kuffar are we, his NATO allies. pl

https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2019/...and-albanians/
          (emphasis not mine)

So there's Erdogan saying that God commands Muslims to be violent to the infidels (non-Muslims). It's a call for jihad.

Comment

Working...
          X