George Floyd Was A Gentle Giant - Rise of BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Floyd Was A Gentle Giant - Rise of BLM

I'm not sure what the officer was thinking pressing his knee against Floyd George's neck for as long as he did. A murder charge would be justifiable in this case.

Now the police were responding to an allegation that someone who fit Floyd's description was committing fraud. I don't know the exact details, but this could very well have been a case of mistaken identity.

As far as I can tell, he's no Ahmaud Arbery. Floyd's fiance, a white woman, also had some very smart things to say too:

“You can’t fight fire with fire. Everything just burns, and I’ve seen it all day — people hate, they’re hating, they’re hating, they’re mad. And he would not want that. He wouldn’t, he wouldn’t, he wouldn’t. He would give grace — I stand on that today — he would still give grace to those people,” Ross said.

Ross says Floyd’s mother passed away about a year ago. The video of him calling for her hits home; she believes his mother’s spirit was there with him, when he took his last breath.
    Unfortunately, her sentiments aren't shared by Democrat politicians who were quick to make this another incident about cops being racist. The mayor of Minneapolis made no bones about suggesting that if Floyd were white, he'd still be alive. Maxine Waters suggested the officer enjoyed killing him.

There is a better way. The first amendment explicitly mentions that Congress must respect, among other things:

the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    He should try exercising that right some time, but maybe he needs permission from his communist wife first. I'm pretty sure she even told him what to write.

All 4 cops were in the wrong for what transpired with George Floyd but how many times are people going to burn businesses down before they realize it doesn't actually further their cause.

I had an argument with a friend of mine earlier today in regards to whether destruction/looting/arson was permissible and effective as a response to racial issues/police brutality in this country. He said that my view that it was wrong and ineffective was essentially wrong, and antiquated in 2020

I wonder how many of the businesses that were burned down to the ground will actually go through the rebuilding process to come back in that same area?

I think a great case study would be how many businesses came back in previously burned down areas that witnessed racial riots/protests.

I understand people are frustrated but does stealing tv's from target really further your cause? I ask this because protests in modern times are also about optics and how you present your cause. A lot of America's media will present the riots/looting/arson as needed and back Antifa's actions in orchestrating much of these scenes, but the average american will not look at those actions favorably.

Comment

From what I can tell, the officer was trying to make Floyd unconscious so they could actually put him into the car. I'm not sure why they claimed he was resisting arrest. What the officer did was beyond reckless. You don't put your knee on someone like that.

Comment

I'm glad his fiancee had the sense and decency to say what she said. Hopefully people listen and echo her sentiments.

Comment

Th scum of the earth decided to speak:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/tu...family/1857091

The racist and fascist approach that led to the death of George Floyd in the US city of Minneapolis as a result of torture has not only deeply saddened all of us, but it has also become one of the most painful manifestations of the unjust order we stand against across the world.

— Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (@RTErdogan) May 28, 2020
          As a member of Islamic civilization, which teaches us to love humankind because of the Creator, I condemn this inhumane mentality. Turkey always stands against all attacks targeting humanity, no matter where, under what pretext or in what form they are committed.
          We will continue to fight to protect the rights of all of humanity without any discrimination based on race, color, religion, language or faith in line with our Prophet's principle, “A white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white.”
          (emphasis mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            Th scum of the earth decided to speak:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/tu...family/1857091
            (emphasis mine)
            I kinda of admire him these days. He has full control over the narrative and the media around the world are in his pocket. I have this strange feeling that if Turkey had a Greek style politician in charge the country would be split in half by now.. and on its 30th bail out.

Comment

A former club owner in south Minneapolis says the now-fired police officer and the black man who died in his custody this week both worked security for her club up to the end of last year.

George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club on Lake Street, according to Maya Santamaria. Santamaria owned the building for nearly two decades, but sold the venue within the last few months.

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside."
              A former club owner in south Minneapolis says the now-fired police officer and the black man who died in his custody this week both worked security for her club up to the end of last year ...

Comment

He might not have died as a result of strangulation. It seemed he might have been intoxicated or heart failure, but the police restraining him as they did could not have helped matters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ngulation.html

official autopsy finds he died of 'police restraint combined with heart disease and potential intoxicants in his system' and not asphyxiation or strangulation by officer
                The cop didn't necessarily kill him.

Comment

The riots are resulting in deaths. Trump was right.

Two Federal Protective Service officers were shot - one fatally - during Friday night protests in Oakland, California, as violent protests across the US intensified over the killing of George Floyd.

At least 7,500 demonstrators took to the streets in Oakland last night, clashing with police and sparking arson attacks and vandalism across the city. During the squirmish, two officers with the Federal Protective Service - a part of Homeland Securitycreated to protect government facilities - were shot. Police are investigating.

'Two Federal Protective Services officers stationed at the Oakland Downtown Federal Building suffered gunshot wounds. Unfortunately, one succumbed to his injury,' the police department told CNN.
                  Also a 'protester' was killed:

Police said the man was killed after shots were fired at a crowd of people near Detroit's Greektown entertainment district last night with dozens of protesters out on the streets, but officers were not involved in the shooting.

The suspect pulled up to the crowd in a Dodge Durango and fired shots at around 11.30pm, and the man was pronounced dead in hospital. No details about who fired the shots were immediately available, police said.

Comment

On the plus, CNN who played a massive role in publicising these riots, are getting their offices trashed as a reward..

Comment

Looks like the USA far left are learning from the Greeks..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-NYPD-car.html

Comment

So there's new video of George Floyd trying to escape out of the car:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...side-squad-car

He said he was claustrophobic and he was probably on medication for some kind of health problem that the police only made worse with the way they pinned him down, but it also proves the police didn't lie in claiming Floyd was resisting arrest.

What I don't understand is why the police were called in an incident involving someone using a fake $20 bill. Something about this story doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                          So there's new video of George Floyd trying to escape out of the car:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...side-squad-car

He said he was claustrophobic and he was probably on medication for some kind of health problem that the police only made worse with the way they pinned him down, but it also proves the police didn't lie in claiming Floyd was resisting arrest.

What I don't understand is why the police were called in an incident involving someone using a fake $20 bill. Something about this story doesn't add up.
                          It clearly shows the police beating the shit out of him in the car. The $20 dollar bill is symbolic, demonstrating the extent to which the police are willing to go in arresting black people. We're talking about a nation in which black people are doing 25 years for simple pocession of marijuana....that's the law enforcement culture in the US. Maybe justice reforms after this will finally be taken seriously. Why the other officers involved haven't been arrested only adds to the fire....they are clearly involved in this murder. In fact, they're more guilty standing around watching a murder take place, and as police officers not stepping in to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
                            We're talking about a nation in which black people are doing 25 years for simple pocession of marijuana....
                            You serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

You serious?
                              Yes Reaper, it all comes down to justice reforms....and who do I blame, the Democrats who came up with the 3 strikes and you go to prison for 25 years law. There's no trust under that environment. A police officer is trailing a car, he punches in the licence plate and it comes up showing 2 charges....those charges can be simple drug possession charges. Knowing that he knows if anything is in that car, even a bag of weed that person driving is going away for life. In this environment everything is escalated 100 degrees. First the officer is in danger simply because who wants to do life over that? There's no trust....you can have a crazy cop framing you also and it doesn't take much to do that. Now lets hear your thoughts on this....are the cops guilty?

Comment

Working...
                              X