2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump has been very dominant. Biden is being too kind, not scrappy enough. His age is showing.

Comment

• Trump is looking "very strongly" in this debate.

Comment

• biden looks like his brain is fried

Comment

• Wallace hasn't been able to get a handle on Trump. Biden isn't fighting enough. You can tell he's trying to stay focused on talking points and can't afford to get into Trump's taunts without losing whatever marbles he has left.

Comment

• trump stares at him like a predator

Comment

• Trump hit out of the park. He really did. He's going to be president.

Comment

• funny you say that, early media reportshere in Australia have Biden doing well in the debate..

Comment

• Biden just comes across as someone who will heavily pander to the left. He also appears lost and lies often. Amazing how anyone can champion him.

Comment

• Watched the debate - it went about how most would expect. Trump did his usual bit of loud mouthing, and Joe had pre-scripted points and lied through a lot (see his answer on the green new deal versus what his own website states), and pushing the whole America is inherently unjust and racist. He also said Antifa is an idea, not an organization (big lie).

Joe came off as more presidential (more professional) but did get tripped up on a few comments (he tries making a power statement about his son in the military and then turned around and brought his son Hunter up who was dishonorably discharged due to cocaine use and we all know he received millions in illegitimate funds from foreign governments).

Trump could let Joe beat himself if he wouldn't interject every 30 seconds because Joe tried really hard not to look absolutely demented yesterday. For a bit, it worked, but you can tell there were a few instances where he was fighting jumbling words and going on rants that have nothing to do with what's going on.

First time in my life but I do not believe I'll be voting this election. Barring something unforeseen, I have an issue voting for Trump because of his great relationship with Erdogan, but I would never vote for Joe because he's been in politics for 47 years and is like a chameleon (blends and meshes with whichever way the wind is blowing). His denial of far left violence, defunding the cops, and green new deal, along with his parties crazy ideologies is unacceptable to me.

Comment

• It really wasn't a debate. Chris Wallace didn't have control over Trump. The whole time it was Trump talking over everyone, speaking directly to the American people on all the major networks while basically making Biden out to be a loser. I felt to that end it was effective. Trump got a 90 minutes campaign ad. To people who wanted more substance to properly compare and contrast the two candidates, this debate would have done nothing for them. Even Biden refused to get into great details when challenged on some of his policy positions. He just reiterated things that were already known. Trump was selling the only thing he knew how to sell, himself. He doesn't have any serious policies or visions to offer other than more of the same he has done for the past four years, whereas Biden at least has a vision that remains too short on details.

Biden did his damnedest to focus on the issues while Trump tried to interrupt and fluster him, which was meant to make Biden lose his train of thought. If anything Trump was too overbearing because even when Biden did lose his focus, Trump kept interrupting and didn't allow Biden to appear lost. To Biden's credit, he kept reading from his notes to retain his focus and maintained a level of decorum that made him appear more a genteel politician, which is a big contrast from Trump. He only tore into Trump on race issues, on Covid-19, and when emotionally speaking of his son Beau, an Iraq war veteran who later died of a brain tumor. He tried to come across more as the adult in the room and didn't get caught up too much in Trump's barbs, keeping his train of thought by sticking mostly to his notes. But you could tell Biden lacked authority in dealing with Trump and he didn't have his wits with him. He was all notes and he looked his age, old and tired. He came across like how Trump has defined him, Sleepy Joe.

Trump was like a boxer pummeling a punching bag. Forget about getting into a ring and fighting an opponent for 12 rounds, were talking about a boxer fighting a punching bag. He was sharp, witty, and relentless. And he could turn the tables, big time. When Biden got really emotional and spoke about his son Beau not being a loser, Trump stopped him dead in his tracks and flipped the topic onto his son Hunter who was discharged for cocaine use. He turned what should have been a great moment for Biden into a moment of great shame for Biden. When the question came up about a peaceful transition of power, Trump flipped the script again and pointed out how Biden wanted the Logan Act to be used against Flynn, how Obama didn't give Trump a peaceful transition to power. It was powerful. Suddenly all that talk about Trump being a danger, a threat to peaceful transition was for a moment flipped back on the media and the Democrats on all the major networks in front of 90 million Americans.

And Biden, I felt for the man afterwards. Trump would say things like "Biden, you said blacks were super predators, you've been in office for 47 years and I did more in 47 months, you shouldn't use the word smart because you don't even remember which college you went to..." Biden could barely talk and this is what was said the whole time to 90 million Americans.

The people who said Biden shouldn't have done the debate could see this train wreck coming for him. Trump looked very presidential, like he was in total control the whole time. He looked tougher and smarter. And all Biden could do was chuckle, maybe call Trump a clown, and look down at his notes. It was bad for Biden and I think Biden should avoid any further debates unless they can alter the format significantly enough so he can be uninterrupted and turn the focus back on the issues, getting into details about his plans.

Comment

• I wonder how many American's actually thought the debate wasn't going to go down as it did yesterday, or if their vote hinges on how the debates go.

I would say most Americans have their minds set up as to who they're voting for. I do think it is comical how poorly the debate was actually conducted, from the moderator to Trump interjecting, it was a shit show.

Biden looked more presidential, Trump looks like he has always looked - loud, larger than life, celebrity shit talker.

Trump needs to adjust his tactics for further debates (he needs to reign it in a bit and let Biden beat himself). The dems and biden have been absolutely crazy for years now and their recent record will speak more poorly of their presidential/leading abilities than anything else.

Trump also needs to stick to concrete answers versus skipping around on things. He should have outward denied white nationalism (even though its nonsensical as he has done so in the past), because people will continue to peddle the narrative that he's a white supremacist.

Comment

• aek66
                          aek66 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          agree 1000%. i expect trump to be more subdued (on purpose) next time.

• if i was trump yesterday ...i would have left joe talk more so he can F up in front of the whole world

Comment

• aek66
                          aek66 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          could be in the trump playbook for round 2.

• The media refuses to treat Trump like a normal candidate. They have tried really hard to delegitimatize him at every turn.

So for Trump that image was never going to change, but what the debate did was give Trump a chance to speak on all the networks for 90 minutes for an event viewed by 90 million Americans. He got things across to people he never would have had the chance to.

A lot of people will always be turned off by the way Trump acts, but he knows how to get people's attention.

Comment

• aek66
                          aek66 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          agree. the fact that wallace asked trump to 'officially' denounce white supremacists is inferring that trump has a cozy relationship with them. trump has already denounced white supremacists, in case wallace conveniently forgot. wallace didn't ask biden to 'officially' denounce looting and rioting and mayhem??? if he did, i missed it. wallace didn't challenge biden's comment on antifa being a 'thought', not an organization??

• I'm mistaken. It only garnered 30 millions viewers. Ouch!

Comment

• Don Giovanni
                          Don Giovanni commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was wrong again, it was about 70 million who tuned in. That's much better than 30 million and good for Trump I think.

• Comment

Working...
                        X