2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tantra View Post
    in the end trump may be the grand unifier .....
    70 million US voters will suddenly get behind Biden/AOC/CNN?

No chance in hell. This election hasn't even unified the far left of the Democrat Party with the centre left of the Democrat Party.

The only unification and positive vibes that will occur is between the CCP and the USA and perhaps Germany (aka the EU).

Comment

• i watched america's most hated lawyer (at one time, america's most beloved mayor) guiliani today and he gave us some orientation as to where team trump stands right now:

- for the immediate future, trump will not concede
      - guiliani says they have dozens of witnesses who signed affidavits that either witnessed or were told to conspire in voter fraud (back-dating ballots). states of pennsylvania, michigan and wisconsin. i'll also assume georgia, nevada and arizona. i believe it could be up to 10 states.

the key is that guiliani is claiming up to 800k-900k illegal votes in PA, which would certainly meet the supreme court's criteria to get involved. they also have a mail carrier's affidavit of fraud in PA. according to a republican senator; the man has been interviewed by the FBI.

the factual this dead guy voted here and that dead guy registered to vote 30 years after their death - while it boils your blood, it's not significant enough to move an election.

the computer glitches, the back-dated ballots, etc....that's when trump's legal path will get brighter. i'll give them some time to have the DOJ substantiate and move forward. if not, i'll accept it and i'm sure trump will also accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

No chance in hell. This election hasn't even unified the far left of the Democrat Party with the centre left of the Democrat Party.

The only unification and positive that vibes that will occur is between the CCP and the USA and perhaps Germany (aka the EU).
        the 'uniters' of the democratic party. the ones that would not accept 2016 with the russia hoax, the ones that wouldn't accept stacey abrams' defeat for the georgia governorship in 2018...on and on it goes. kavanaugh the rapist, trump and repub voters are nazis...on and on....justifying rioting and looting under the pretense of a racist usa....and sleepy joe says he wants unity.

uniter must be a democratic word, i'd say 'unifier' is proper english, but the dumbing down of america has been championed for a few decades.

Comment

• Here is a study from MIT (a prestigious US university): https://shass.mit.edu/news/news-2020...d-fair-stewart

Relevant quote: "One hundred forty-three cases of fraud using mailed ballots over the course of 20 years comes out to seven to eight cases per year, nationally. It also means that across the 50 states, there has been an average of three cases per state over the 20-year span. That is just one case per state every six or seven years. We are talking about an occurrence that translates to about 0.00006 percent of total votes cast."

The primary data for this study actually comes from the Heritage Foundation, which to my knowledge is a right wing/conservative think tank.

Also, the way the whole mail in process works doesn't leave much wiggle room. For example, here's a general sense of how this works (but every state varies):
          1. First you need to register to vote, using your personal information and thus proof of residence in said state. This includes providing a signature.
          2. Many times you will need to separately request a mail-in ballot after you are registered to vote.
          3. Once the mail in ballot comes, you fill in your selections for whatever office and then sign the ballot. Your personal information is enclosed either within the ballot or on your envelope.
          4. The ballot is received at whatever polling place by a certain date. Some states counts ballots up to a week after election day (North Carolina, a traditionally red state), some count them up to 3 days after election day (Pennsylvania), others only count ballots that come by election day itself.
          5. Your ballot is opened, checked to see whether it has any defects (crumbled up, the circles aren't properly filled out, etc). Either they fix the problem there or set the ballot aside to be "cured."
          6. Ballots are then processed and tabulated. Your name and signature are cross matched against the information and signature you provided when you registered to vote. Your information is also compared to death certificate data from your state to make sure you're not impersonating a dead person.
          7. The ballots that are left over can now be "cured," ie if you didn't circle things in correctly or your signature doesn't match, you have chance to fix it.
          8. If you request a mail in ballot but then want to vote in person or you want to vote twice and cheat the system, they check to see whether or not have you have already mailed in ballot.

Steps 5-8 occur with both Democrat and Republican poll watchers next to year (a little bit socially distanced this year due to COVID). For example, in Pennsylvania the agreed upon distance was 10 feet for all poll watchers; Trump's people wanted 6 feet so they went to court. Trump's people also went to court regarding the late arriving ballots in Pennsylvania, which the state was also setting aside to be counted separately (there aren't that many of these ballots)

Any disagreement must lead to a bipartisan conclusion or else complaints are made. They also occur with cameras and press inside the room.

So how can you fake thousands of signatures and demographic profiles while in the presence of poll watchers?

Comment

• aek66
            aek66 commented
            Editing a comment
            that's all nice and in a perfect world, yes. americans had usually vote day of...covid pushed this towards mail-ins and mail-ins would be a great help to %s of the population who never even bothered to register. PA had to handle 10x the amount of mail-ins from the previous elections, the data you posted was all prior to 2020. in fact, i believe france banned main-in balloting in the 1970s, as it did compel unacceptable amount of fraud.

this is not 7 or 8 cases, because millions of dollars are being spent on this trump cause - those with money wouldn't give to an absurd cause.

• Trump is well within his right to demand a re-count in the states with close margins such as Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona. Pennsylvania may finish outside the margin of a legal recount (I think it's 0.5%, Biden is at 0.6% and gaining as more ballots are counted). Historically however, recounts on their own will not overturn the deficits that Trump has in Wisconsin and Georgia.

All eyes on the run-offs in January. Loeffler is vulnerable. She was never elected to her seat (ex: Martha McSally), has allegations of insider trading dogging her for several months and may lose some of the religious right to Warnock (who is a minister).

NC also is not a done deal. Biden and Cunningham may stage a come back once the mail in vote is counted, but I would put it at < 50%.

Comment

• aek66
            aek66 commented
            Editing a comment
            the supreme court may end up throwing out 800,000 illegal ballots from PA - that counted in the tally. that is a possibility.

i got my head around 2000. i accepted it. the supreme court decided that election. if the DOJ after FBI interviews dismisses guiliani's and team trump's claims...i would accept that - despite the cries of the deep state rejecting trump's claims.

• Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post

4. The ballot is received at whatever polling place by a certain date. Some states counts ballots up to a week after election day (North Carolina, a traditionally red state), some count them up to 3 days after election day (Pennsylvania), others only count ballots that come by election day itself.
          the whole essence of PA is that the governor and secretary of state decided on the 3 day after election window. the u.s. constitution is clear: only the state legislature can set the voting procedures.

this is the essence of the PA argument and why team trump is going to court over PA, among other states. this is why proving fraud in back-dating postmarks will be crucial.

i wouldn't be alarmed yet - but, justice alito has already told them to segregate the late counted ballots.

i voted by mail-in. i dropped off my ballot in a safe (2 observers - they only made sure my signature was on outside before i dropped in box) drop-box at my ward's voting site during the 3rd week of october. 3 days later, i got an email from my city board of elections telling me my ballot was accepted.

Comment

• Soprano76
            Soprano76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep the SoS said they were already separating these late arriving mail in ballots even before Alito made his ruling. My understanding is that the late arriving ballots are a small % of the total numbers of mail in ballots in the entire state. I read the number of late arriving ballots was just 3k, but unsure if that was just for Allegheny county or all of Pennsylvania.

• So it's back to Fox/RT being the only global outlets who will scrutinise Biden while the BBC, NBC, CNN and every other single outlet gush on Kamala's hairstyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by tantra View Post
            it looks like some powerful people from the left and the right have come together agreeing to toss trump aside.
            this is not left vs right, this is about pure power, executing an agenda.
            there is definitely something fishy going on, to what degree, nobody will ever know.

in the end trump may be the grand unifier .....
            I think the markets have adjusted to a Biden win....and keep their fingers crossed to secure the Senate in January. If that's the case the Democrats won the election, but failed to control the Senate and lost power in the house. At this point that makes more sense moving forward market wise. And personally thats priority number 1 to me, and I'm sure to most Americans heavily invested in the market.

Getting to your point....there might be something fishy going on and want Trump out. At the end of the day he dropped the ball, and clearly showed 2 months prior to the elections, that his game was not good enough. All he had to do is shut his mouth. Now lets get rid of him, and allow the money machine to roll on....thats all that matters.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1325186175603142657

Comment

• The Democrats know how to silence BLM, and make them irrelevant.

Trump on the other hand fueled them and the Democrats jumped on it. Bottom line he's not politically smart.

This election was an easy win for him. Concerning the economy Trump was the man....he did make America better, and used his power over other world powers to gain a edge. That said he couldn't control himself when it came to playing politics at home. BLM was easy to silence if he played smart politics. He constantly through himself into the fire for no reason.

Lets face it guys, he has mental problems. The guy is a narcissist can't control himself. With Covid how stupid is it to go against Doctors and scientists? Trump needs the spotlight over everyone, Doctors/Scientists/His advisers that know 10 times what he knows....it all came out, and very clear he's a narcissist.

Comment

• aek66 In reply to your comment on my post, mail in votes have numbered in the millions in prior elections, not just this one (but surely a greater % this year than prior years). If the procedures surrounding the process are the same in this election compared to prior cycles, why should the rate of fraud be any more than previously cited?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

The only unification and positive vibes that will occur is between the CCP and the USA and perhaps Germany (aka the EU).
                    never said the voters would unify

the power will unify, the swamp just got 10 feet deeper

Comment

• you must be getting advice from paulie walnuts..

- in 2016, PA handled 200k mail-ins. this election, over 2 million. again, in a perfect world, it could have been 4 million and no problem. if you drink 2 shots of whiskey vs. 20 shots, your body will act accordingly. this was predictable and predicted.

i ask, how did texas and florida handle such volume, while PA had a shit-show?? that started the suspicion in a few states.

again, i will wait and see what the DOJ does. guiliani and team trump say they have evidence.

- you talk about procedures. team trump is claiming that procedures WERE NOT followed. team trump is claiming that in pittsburgh, apprx. 135k ballots were counted while repub observers were kept out of or kept away from the counting room. that is not on your procedure list of easy mail-in procedures. back-dating late mail-in ballots (apparently, usps employee affidavit) is also not on your procedure list. computer 'glitches'?? the dead voting? ballot dumps??

even claims of illegals voting - of course, the law says they can't vote. well:

In 2014, a study showed that approximately 6.4 percent of noncitizens voted in the 2008 presidential election and that 2.2 percent voted in the 2010 midterm elections. Anytime a state makes it possible to vote without any proof of ID or citizenship illegals do vote and your lies won't change that fact.

Texas election officials said Friday that tens of thousands of people whose U.S. citizenship could not be confirmed cast ballots in one or more election in the state during the past 22 years.

Texas Secretary of State David Whitley said a year-long evaluation found about 95,000 people described as “non-U.S. citizens” who are registered to vote in Texas. About 58,000 of them voted in Texas elections between 1996 and 2018, Whitley said.
                      you know that team trump is making claims that violate all your procedures above. if the DOJ dismisses the allegations, so be it. i'll easily accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aek66 View Post
                        you must be getting advice from paulie walnuts..

- in 2016, PA handled 200k mail-ins. this election, over 2 million. again, in a perfect world, it could have been 4 million and no problem. if you drink 2 shots of whiskey vs. 20 shots, your body will act accordingly. this was predictable and predicted.

i ask, how did texas and florida handle such volume, while PA had a shit-show?? that started the suspicion in a few states.

again, i will wait and see what the DOJ does. guiliani and team trump say they have evidence.

- you talk about procedures. team trump is claiming that procedures WERE NOT followed. team trump is claiming that in pittsburgh, apprx. 135k ballots were counted while repub observers were kept out of or kept away from the counting room. that is not on your procedure list of easy mail-in procedures. back-dating late mail-in ballots (apparently, usps employee affidavit) is also not on your procedure list. computer 'glitches'?? the dead voting? ballot dumps??

even claims of illegals voting - of course, the law says they can't vote. well:

you know that team trump is making claims that violate all your procedures above. if the DOJ dismisses the allegations, so be it. i'll easily accept it.
                        Those are the allegations you're correct....and would be illegal. That said, if they're proven we're heading towards chaos in America and worldwide, and I really hope that's not the case....imagine the damage that will cause.
                        At this point I'm sure if we put real thought to these allegations, how would the country move forward? Maybe civil war? Call in the army and pass curfews? Go towards dictatorship? I really hope that the Democrats didn't do something so disastrous as this.....because we all know there's no turning back from that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVC View Post

I think the markets have adjusted to a Biden win....and keep their fingers crossed to secure the Senate in January. If that's the case the Democrats won the election, but failed to control the Senate and lost power in the house. At this point that makes more sense moving forward market wise. And personally thats priority number 1 to me, and I'm sure to most Americans heavily invested in the market.

Getting to your point....there might be something fishy going on and want Trump out. At the end of the day he dropped the ball, and clearly showed 2 months prior to the elections, that his game was not good enough. All he had to do is shut his mouth. Now lets get rid of him, and allow the money machine to roll on....thats all that matters.
                          I would really steer clear from assuming what markets are adjusting to. Specifically, in 2020 & the unknowns that are around the corner. For example, the day after the election, with no known winner, the markets went up significantly. That goes against a stong market's staple which is stability. How can the market cheer an election with no clear victor?

All of the above, prove to me that the markets have lost their bearing, we are adrift in the sea of the unknown.

IMO, Cash is king but we need to keep in mind the risk of hyperinflation, which is inevitable given our reaction to covid.

Comment

Working...
                          X