2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Buchanan:

of our four dozen vice presidents, all of whom have been white men, nine have risen to the nation’s highest office to fill out a term of the president who selected him.
    In the aftermath of the George Floyd killing and protests, pressure has grown on Biden not only to choose a woman but a woman of color, and preferably a Black woman. If that were a criterion, it would eliminate all but a tiny few of the party’s senators and governors.

What national interest impelled Biden to so restrict the pool of talent from which a possible presidential successor would be chosen?

Joe Biden would be the oldest man ever to serve as president. He would enter office with visibly diminished mental capacities. And he has decided to restrict his choice as to who should inherit our highest office by ruling out the vast majority of the most able and experienced leaders of his own Democratic Party.

Is this any way to select someone who could, in a heartbeat, take control of the destiny of the world’s most powerful nation?
    Susan Rice is the name they have been really trumpeting the past few days in papers like the Washington "Amazon" Post. It all depends on how much influence Biden chooses to welcome in his presidency from the Obama camp. She was the one who was trotted out by Obama to lie about Benghazi. And she was the one who got revenge against Flynn by unmasking him. Recall Flynn headed the DIA when that report was written which made clear Obama understood his decision to support the overthrow of Assad would lead to the the creation of what became ISIS. Flynn also played a role in revealing that the attack on Benghazi was done by al-Qaeda in commemoration of 9/11. Obama of course covered this all up to hide the fact he was supporting al-Qaeda linked terrorists in Syria and Libya, a fact that would have and should have politically ruined him.

Kamala Harris is the other choice making noise, but she was very hard on Biden in the primaries and her lack of reticence on that may prove a killer blow to her chances. She also fought hard against a Supreme Court ruling, to reduce the prison population, by keeping nonviolent criminal offenders in jail. She is said to have slept her way to the top. She's another one of those lovely characters who populate the world of politics who would sell her soul if she could for a place at the big people's table. Unfortunately for her she can't as that would require having a soul in the first place.

*Bass* and Duckworth are wholly inexperienced and have too little clout in Washington. *Bass* is a communist idiot who has come to rule the roost in the Black Caucus. Duckworth should be running a street corner kiosk, not a congressional office--let alone the second highest political office in the world.

Many seem to have written off Liz Warren solely because she is white, but there was certainly some sort of deal cut during the primaries to help Biden torpedo Sanders on Super Tuesday. She would definitely get some kind of senior posting in the Biden administration. I half like her only because she scares the shit out of many of the top Democratic donors, but she's such a sell out that I think she would roll over for them if means getting to sit on the lap of power.
    Biden has suffered a transparent deterioration of his mental capacities... What are the odds that Biden would serve a full term? There is a real possibility that, this coming week, Joe Biden will be selecting the 47th president of the United States. For the woman Biden picks — he has promised to exclude from consideration…
    Last edited by Don Giovanni; 08-01-2020, 12:32 PM. Reason: Edit: I wrote *Kass* but her name is actually written as Bass.

Comment

• Don't look now, but Trump is at 50% approval with Rasmussen, one of the very few polling firms that got it right in 2016 and within the margin of error in most swing states. Who would've thought, a geriatric, on the wrong side of the cognitive issue, hiding out in his basement the last few months and sympathetic with the peaceful looters and rioters, losing ground, especially in the battleground states. Talk about a secret Trump vote yet again, like in 2016 , very interesting last 95 days or so.

Comment

• It appears Trump will rely on executive orders and lawsuits to limit the use of mail-in votes. The president is right to claim we will witness more fraud if people don't mostly vote in-person. That's the very reason we vote in-person, to limit fraud. I do not believe it's an exaggeration to suggest we may be witnessing the most contested election in US history, one that could divide the country up for good. I think it's possible a scenario, like the one mentioned below by the New York Times or at least something along those lines, may play out.

But conveniently, a group of former top government officials called the Transition Integrity Project actually gamed four possible scenarios, including one that doesn’t look that different from 2016: a big popular win for Mr. Biden, and a narrow electoral defeat, presumably reached after weeks of counting the votes in Pennsylvania. For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.

But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.

In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do.
        (emphasis mine)

Keep in mind on the night of the 2016 election, Hillary didn't take to the stage and Podesta didn't even concede on her behalf when he stood-in for her.
        We may not know the results for days, and maybe weeks. So it’s time to rethink “election night.”

Comment

• Trump's bank was subpoenaed too. They're going to announce some kind of indictment today relating to his finances.
          New York State Attorney General Letitia James said she will deliver a "major national announcement" on Thursday.

Comment

• She's going after the NRA and their corrupt leadership instead. No word on Trump.

Comment

• Biden picked Kamala. He shouldn't have limited himself to women and emphasize the idea that it should be one of color. She has baggage and she is not suitable for the presidency should Biden not last his term (neither was Trump who was elected only as a disruptive force more than anything).

Comment

• I heard Biden plans to step aside if he wins. In effect, Kamala Harris is the one running for president!

Comment

• Burisma conducted an aggressive lobbying campaign directed at the US State Department throughout the 2016 US election, with the goal of pressuring the Obama administration to lean on Kiev to drop corruption allegations.
                  The new memos, released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) reveal "far more contact between Burisma and the U.S. embassy in Kiev than was acknowledged by witnesses during President Trump's impeachment proceedings," according to the report.
                  "Burisma representatives repeatedly pressed for meetings, at times invoking Hunter Biden's name."

Comment

• Comment

• CNN’s president, a media titan at the helm of a global news organization intensely covering the 2020 presidential election, has a longstanding personal rule against supporting politicians. He’s broken it once ⁠— for Kamala Harris when she ran to become the first woman of color to hold the office of California attorney general a decade ago.

Comment

• She comes from a family of slave owners.

Comment

• The irony is her own father made the admission, but Snopes claim that the "allegation" is "unproven."

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1936 two years before I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).

Comment

• Imagine if Trump's father had made the same claim. Snopes would read: Verified.
                            Snopes rang around, even rang the UK registry. Rang everyone except the father who had collated the research to ask him what he had.. summed up beautifully here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPT-...jOOgFE-UoH_7TM

Comment

• Comment

• Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s lead over President Trump has narrowed since last month, according to a new national poll. 

Comment

Working...
                                X