2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tantra View Post
    so how can inflation stay low if your interest rates are at all time low? one drags the other into the dance.

if anything, you will have ULTRAinflation
    You will have some inflation fluctuations when the economy's open....there will be small shock waves after we get over covid....nothing over 3% like some have predicted. It will take at least one year to 2 years before you see demand over supply....supply will be over demand for a while....

Comment

• inflation is present

look at your cost of goods
      cost of real estate .... how much would it cost you to build the same brand new? every brick, every nail, every piece of ply-wood costs more today
      cost of materials

what do you think will happen with many of the policies biden is backing

for example the 15$ min wage (not that i'm against it) but do you not expect inflation to counter the cost of such a policy?

i'm sure your grocery bill has gone up at least 8-9% in the last year

ask yourself what is wrong when the cost of a romaine lettuce head costs more than a NY strip loin

Comment

inflation is present

look at your cost of goods
        cost of real estate .... how much would it cost you to build the same brand new? every brick, every nail, every piece of ply-wood costs more today
        cost of materials

what do you think will happen with many of the policies biden is backing

for example the 15$ min wage (not that i'm against it) but do you not expect inflation to counter the cost of such a policy?

i'm sure your grocery bill has gone up at least 8-9% in the last year

ask yourself what is wrong when the cost of a romaine lettuce head costs more than a NY strip loin
        I think we're discussing 2 different types of inflation....you're correct with what you have written above.

I'm taking about the annual inflation rate currently at 1.4%....and weather or not it will hit 3%. From what I can see it wont....it will fluctuate around 2%....it shouldn't affect the future markets.

What you're referring to I believe....is social economic inequality, the distribution of wealth. If you're, I'm in agreement the gab will increase....and the upper class, and the rich will have their wealth increased.

That said, Joe Bidens plans make more sense for the long run than Trumps.

Invest in education, infrastructure, and become the leaders in renewable energy.

These initiatives are long term investments, we can't judge the outcome before that.

Trumps policies were nothing but smoke and mirrors for the old boys club....Oil companies, insurance ect.

The future is AI....big TECH. Biden is on board....his administration will invest big into it, along with infrastructure....Get Americans highly educated, and start the future being the leaders where the market counts.

Comment

• i'm referring to CPI and its impact on the economy/stock market

The CPI and the Markets

Movements in the prices of goods and services most directly affect fixed-income securities. If prices are rising, fixed bond payments are worthless, effectively lowering the bonds' yields. Inflation also poses a serious problem to holders of fixed annuities and pension plans, as it erodes the effective value of the fixed payments. Many retirees have watched their pension payment amounts lose buying power over time.

Price volatility can be bad for equities as well. Modest and steady inflation is to be expected in a growing economy, but if the prices of resources used in the production of goods rise quickly, manufacturers may experience profit declines. On the other hand, deflation can be a negative sign indicating a decline in consumer demand. In this situation, manufacturers are forced to drop prices to sell their products, but the resources and commodities used in production may not fall by an equivalent amount. Again, the companies' margins are squeezed due to the stickiness of prices for some items and the elasticity of prices for other items.

Comment

• As a measure of inflation, this index can help you make key financial decisions.

Comment

• Thanks Tantra, I'm aware of these articles....thats why I prefer corporate bonds, over government, simply because the duration of the bonds can be shortened and adjusted according to the interest rates.

The FED had been missing their preferred inflation targets going back a decade now....and I'm predicting they will again. The preferred inflation rate for a year is around 2.5 to 3, its at 1.4 percent. They way I see it....we will see 2.5 percent maybe when the economy gets going after Covid....but will still average well below that mark over the course of a year.

I see a steady global supply chain pushing prices down....and keeping them with accordance to the inflation rate around 1.4 percent and below 2 percent over 3 years.

I also will back the US dollar....will see the 10 year treasury bonds hit 1.45....creating a perfect environment to foreign investors, and strengthening the US dollar.

I see this because they're already taking measures....knowing there will be big cash investments from China, and have already started taking measures to control inflation once that happens.

Comment

• I'm a little late to the discussion but I strongly disagree with the "both sides are equally at fault" line of thinking that some people are promoting here.

Let's talk about the summer riots. Any reasonable person that was paying attention could tell you that the peaceful protesters and asshole rioters were essentially two different groups, with the latter just taking advantage of the situation. Furthermore, the protesters were marching for a cause we know to be true (police violence against civilians that is asymmetric to the crime committed; and no, I'm not saying that George Floyd was a saint). I live in the center of one of the largest cities in America, so I could tell the difference with my own eyes. Furthermore, I distinctly remember Joe Biden strongly denouncing the looting spree that was going on. I definitely agree that my city's mayor should have been much more hands on with the asshole looters.

Let's contrast this with the MAGA insurrection on Jan 6th. These people were supported and amplified by the POTUS and his most ardent supporters in Congress using methods such as social media and in-person rallies. MAGA/QAnon fell for The Big Lie from political leaders. Trump incited their behavior, most obvious example being when he told them to march on the Capitol on Jan 6th. We also know that many of these goons were sending each other messages on various social media platforms with intent to cause gas leaks, block of escape routes and cause harm to members of Congress. Then more information comes out about how people like Lauren Boebert were giving tours of the Capitol building just days before. Oh, and we have reasonable evidence to believe that the security was very soft that day.

Let's also remember that the DC police used tear gas and rubber bullets on a crowd of 18-25 year old college liberals singing kumbayah this past summer so that Trump could do a photo up with an upside down Bible. Where the fuck were those deterrents on Jan 6th?

Comment

• Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
                  Let's talk about the summer riots. Any reasonable person that was paying attention could tell you that the peaceful protesters and asshole rioters were essentially two different groups
                  Really? No overlap? What group did CHAZ fall into? What group did ban the police fall into? Look the Dems tried impeachment, it didn't work. They stoked violence and general unrest. It didn't work. In the end - legalised vote harvesting worked and we are where we are. And remember:

On a muggy night in August 2016, three laughing Dallas police officers pinned 32-year-old Tony Timpa to the ground, pushed his face into the grass, placed a knee on his back and held him there for 14 minutes until he was dead. The parallels with the appalling killing of George Floyd are disturbing and uncanny. Like Floyd, Timpa was unarmed, pleaded for his life, repeatedly called for help and begged policemen to stop.

But both cases do differ in one significant respect; Tony Timpa was white. The cases and the wildly differing public and political reactions to them expose some disturbing and inconvenient truths for the ascendant Black Lives Matter movement and for society as whole. Timpa’s only crime was calling the police officers (one of whom was black) for help as a result of taking illegal drugs after coming off his medication for depression.

Was Trump a saint? Nope. Was he a decent president? Meh.. Did he have a good foreign policy? IMO yes. Are the Dems scum? Indeed. All these things can coexist together - just like far left George Floyd rioters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVC View Post

Thanks Tantra, I'm aware of these articles....thats why I prefer corporate bonds, over government, simply because the duration of the bonds can be shortened and adjusted according to the interest rates.

The FED had been missing their preferred inflation targets going back a decade now....and I'm predicting they will again. The preferred inflation rate for a year is around 2.5 to 3, its at 1.4 percent. They way I see it....we will see 2.5 percent maybe when the economy gets going after Covid....but will still average well below that mark over the course of a year.

I see a steady global supply chain pushing prices down....and keeping them with accordance to the inflation rate around 1.4 percent and below 2 percent over 3 years.

I also will back the US dollar....will see the 10 year treasury bonds hit 1.45....creating a perfect environment to foreign investors, and strengthening the US dollar.

I see this because they're already taking measures....knowing there will be big cash investments from China, and have already started taking measures to control inflation once that happens.

peter schiff brings key points i agree with

that's the inflation i'm talking about

Comment

in the end, I believe there were only two things that would have saved him to get a second term

1- doing EVERYTHING he promised to do in 2016 including, wall, immigration & crucifying big tech
                      2- if he would have become a politician, something he is incapable of

he did do something that we have not seen in a while, he did not start a war

i stand by what I saw, the left joined forces with the right to get rid of him. now the powerful will get extremely rich while they throw a few bones to the radical left

my predictions

1- the price of oil will skyrocket within the next 18 months
                      2- the USD will be devalued
                      3- war
                      4- antitrust suits vs big tech companies
                      I posted the above before the timestamp of peter schiff's video (jan 15)

he brings up all the points I brought above

protect yourself vs inflation

buy assets that gain value with inflation

Comment

• I put my investments that I invest personally last week on hold. My portfolio that is managed is very diversified....example in yesterdays market, and the 5 day big down trend lost 2%.

Stay on the sidelines....and get on board, back up the truck when its time....there will be some really good buy ins.
                        Last edited by JVC; 01-28-2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X