Hellas National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellas National Team

Hellas released its new basketball tops for the 2019 China WC. They honour the famous shirts of 1987. Very cool.

Not bad at all! I wonder if they can go all the way.

Comment

They lost to Brazil yesterday. Giannis Antetokounmpo had one to forget. He was marked out of the game primarily by 39-year-old Alex Garcia! Brazil's Serbian head coach said he was more concerned about Sloukas and Printezis, and that he was aware of how to slow Antetokounmpo down after studying Milwaukee's semi-finals defeat to Toronto.

Comment

I feel we are too reliant on alahakouboweweh.

Comment

Was only a matter of games until a team realized you just gotta shut him down. We better beat New Zealand otherwise it's another anti climax for the mens team at a tournament we expected something from.

Comment

We're almost at garbage time now (last couple of minutes of the game). Scoreline is at 91-83 for Greece.

Comment

Game over at 103-97. We finished behind Brazil. Next round starts Saturday. We'll have to play the Americans and then two days later the Czechs. Because Brazil and the USA won all three games, we'll need to beat the Americans to stand any chance of making the quarters. The Turks managed to push the Americans to overtime, so it's plausible we could give them a run, but the odds are heavily against us.

Comment

The Brazil game was our final it seems.

Comment

Team has been severely disappointing all tournament; Greece has been getting shitty coaches for several years now, despite their being a lot of great Greek coaches in the Euroleague. Also, the way the FIBA game is played neutralizes Giannis' biggest strength - his athleticism.

Comment

We're as good as out. The USA took the game 69-53. They dominated the 2nd quarter, allowing only 8 points. Greece couldn't recover after that.

Comment

Brazil game was very ethniki.. self sabotage second half. If I was not aware of the history of greek capitulation in these key games i would assume greece threw the game vs Brazil.

vs the US we were always underdogs.

Comment

Pretty poor in the US game, we had our chances to score points but kept rushing shots, not taking them when we should and as a result our shooting percentage was dreadful

If we beat Czechs by 12 we are still in it but I don’t think we will, besides Yiannis and only 2-3 others seem up for it. The US blocked centre court so Yiannis couldn’t run in

Comment

Greece beat the Czechs by 7 points, but we needed at least a 12-point margin to stand any chance of heading into the next round. There was one moment in the game where we looked like we could maybe do it, we had the 12-point margin with about 7 minutes left on the clock, but then the Czechs battled back and Antetokounmpo fouled out of the game.

The loss to Brazil was the nails in the coffin for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                            Greece beat the Czechs by 7 points, but we needed at least a 12-point margin to stand any chance of heading into the next round. There was one moment in the game where we looked like we could maybe do it, we had the 12-point margin with about 7 minutes left on the clock, but then the Czechs battled back and Antetokounmpo fouled out of the game.

The loss to Brazil was the nails in the coffin for us.
                            Yea the Brazil game was our final. They were dazed by Hellas first half of the game, no idea how stop conceding. That is when I stopped watching. Later heard they came back - couldn't believe it..

Comment

If only we could shoot free throws! That’s what cost us

Comment

Working...
                              X