• Show
Clear All

• Amorgos
    replied
    So much promise so much dissapointment

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Always ends with a game of us missing 99% of 3 pointers.

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    Made us sweat at the start of the Turkey game but we were much better in the second half (Q3,4)

Leave a comment:

• Soprano76
    replied
    They are in the final of their Olympic Qualifying bracket against the Czech Republic today. They came back against the Turks and ended up having a comfortable win.

I think Hellas will win, Czech won’t be able to contain Greece’s size in the post with Papa G and Mitoglou.

Leave a comment:

• Don Giovanni
    replied
    Rick Pitino will be the new coach:

https://www.espn.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/28034020/rick-pitino-hired-greece-national-team-coach

Pitino told reporters Friday that he will begin coaching the team for the Olympic qualifying tournament in June. Greece will be one of 24 teams playing for four Olympic bids during the June 23-28 event.

"Obviously it's a great honor for me to accept this position, and I'm looking forward to it," Pitino said. "I'll spend most of the winter, once the brackets are announced, studying the film and we'll go to work."

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    Spain are World Champions, easy winners over Argentina, 95-75 - that's how you get the job done

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Spain win it.. or in reality again.. Catalans..

Gasol - From Barcelona
    Rubio - From Masnou
    Rudy - From Palma
    Claver - From Valencia
    Oriola - From Tarrega
    Llull - From Menorca
    Ribas - From Barcelona
    Quino - From Andorra
    Rabesada - From Girona..

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    I know, its incredible given our history and success.... its like the Azzuri not been able to take a proper freekick or something like that... I couldn't believe, watching on, all tournament as we would be lucky, and I mean lucky to sink 2/2

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    If only we could shoot free throws! That’s what cost us
    How many times have we said that over the years?

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    If only we could shoot free throws! That’s what cost us

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Greece beat the Czechs by 7 points, but we needed at least a 12-point margin to stand any chance of heading into the next round. There was one moment in the game where we looked like we could maybe do it, we had the 12-point margin with about 7 minutes left on the clock, but then the Czechs battled back and Antetokounmpo fouled out of the game.

The loss to Brazil was the nails in the coffin for us.
    Yea the Brazil game was our final. They were dazed by Hellas first half of the game, no idea how stop conceding. That is when I stopped watching. Later heard they came back - couldn't believe it..

Leave a comment:

• Don Giovanni
    replied
    Greece beat the Czechs by 7 points, but we needed at least a 12-point margin to stand any chance of heading into the next round. There was one moment in the game where we looked like we could maybe do it, we had the 12-point margin with about 7 minutes left on the clock, but then the Czechs battled back and Antetokounmpo fouled out of the game.

The loss to Brazil was the nails in the coffin for us.

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    Pretty poor in the US game, we had our chances to score points but kept rushing shots, not taking them when we should and as a result our shooting percentage was dreadful

If we beat Czechs by 12 we are still in it but I don’t think we will, besides Yiannis and only 2-3 others seem up for it. The US blocked centre court so Yiannis couldn’t run in

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Brazil game was very ethniki.. self sabotage second half. If I was not aware of the history of greek capitulation in these key games i would assume greece threw the game vs Brazil.

vs the US we were always underdogs.

Leave a comment:

• Don Giovanni
    replied
    We're as good as out. The USA took the game 69-53. They dominated the 2nd quarter, allowing only 8 points. Greece couldn't recover after that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X