The Mourinho Sacking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United are an embarrassment with Pogba and Mourinho. Both need to go.

If Mourinho can't keep it together, United will opt for a caretaker and kiss 4th place goodbye. I cannot imagine Zidane picking United. He will either go to PSG, Juventus or return to Real.

Mourinho will likely find new life in Italy. My guess is Inter given his strong bond to the club and because I don't see Spaletti lasting, but I do think Diego Simeone would be preferred by Inter should his services be made available. Italy is the only country that can match Mourinho's pragmatism with any level of enthusiasm, it's his last hope in the big time.

As for Pogba, he's more Beckham than Cantona. Cantona could effuse confidence in his teammates, Pogba does no such thing. His comments to "attack, attack..." obviously fell flat and his team slumped to one United's most embarrassing losses ever. It's either Real Madrid, Barcelona, or PSG for him, the only clubs with the ambition and funds to sign him. I can't see Juventus signing him because they don't have the funds, which are all tied up in Ronaldo's purchase.

Comment

Another loss today, this time West Ham. Mourinho is finished and I'd be surprise he's not out by December. Pogba ought to be a goner too, if not then, by the summer. Life will not be better for him under the caretaker, who will command even less respect than Mourinho.

Comment

Pogba's agent is already busy it seems. Hope he stays clear of barca.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
          Don Giovanni commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he'll go to PSG. Barca and Real are the only other realistic options.

I really thought he'd last until December but there's no way. Unless he wins 5 matches on the trot, he's getting sacked. TBH I never understood a) why he agreed to work for Man U. and b) why they thought of hiring him for their club. He's a marquee name but too much comes with the dinner. He's not suited to their style of play given the players he has to work with, and he's become a shitty man-manager. His ego is far too large considering the fall from grace with Chelsea, and he's too old to learn humility. His getting sacked from Chelsea was the start of the end for him.

Reports of them romancing Zidane are completely believable. Language barrier notwithstanding, I think they'll hire him and whoever he wants on board.

Comment

Mourinho idolized Sir Alex Ferguson (or at least, what Sir Alex Ferguson had).

It would be a mistake for Zidane to take on United. United are a mess. Pogba will leave. And their rivals are too strong. Liverpool and City are very dominant right now. Likewise Chelsea, assuming they can hold it together given that Abramovic wants out. I think Zidane grasps this and is too wary of the challenge.

I think Zidane ends up in Paris. It's a perfect fit because I can't see Tuchel doing anything in Europe. PSG are still not a continental side. Zidane can change that. Tuchel, meanwhile, will likely head the other way, to Manchester United. The other option is Juventus or a return to Real. I think Juventus are happy with Allegri. Real will try to lure him back, for sure. If Hazard and Pogba end up at Real, then I think there's a good chance he heads back to Real.

Comment

I thought he was doing an ok job up until this season but he's definitely gonna go. Clearly he's lost the dressing room.

Comment

2-0 to Newcastle with 30 minutes. Left. FFS. What an awful time if you're a United supporter but for us non-fans it's great.

Comment

3-2 FT they scrapped out the win at the end

Comment

They'll dump him before the season's end. And Pogba too will be gone, probably to PSG with Rabiot or Veratti heading to Barca.

Comment

Pochettino just got sacked! Mourinho is coming to London.

Comment

Perfect reason to resurrect this thread.

​​​​​​I say Jose gets the axe in less than one year. You read it here first, folks. Pencil it in on Nov. 21, 2020 when they'll be praying to land Allegri.

One of the most retarded decisions ever made by a football club in the modern era. Mourinho is damaged goods and he will only serve to cause more damage.

Comment

See what happens... I dont know if Mourinho has adapted to the modern game, either way, I look forward to his press conferences and interviews

Comment

What Pochettino did was special. It's hard to imagine Tottenham will continue to play with the same dynamic as before, but I think Mourinho has the capacity to motivate this group and make them believe that they'll become better players who can move on to bigger and greater successes under his tutelage. That has always been a strength of Mourinho's.

Comment

I don't know what Jose did to Rashford, but he's especially motivated today. He has scored one and he just had a rocket of shot ricochet off the bar.

Comment

Rashford scored two, the second from the spot. He could have had a hat-trick. It looks like he has modeled his playing style on that of Cristiano. Delle Ali scored a nice goal too: superb touch and finish. United won 2-1 on Mourinho's return.

Comment

Working...
                              X