The Mourinho Sacking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Tottenham want to be considered as a big club, they have to sack this egoist manager in June or whenever the season ends.

He was brought to turn the situation around, but he has only helped the club climb up 2 places and get to the first half of the table...He also shamefully went out of the Champions League, despite getting the best draw a 2nd placed team in the group stage could have. Expect maybe Dele, no player seems to have improved at all and Tottenham is heading for another trophyless season.

But, on the other hand, you can't really say he could have done much. Tottenham was expected to join Real, Barca, Dortmund, City, Liverpool ect and finally become a big club after a lot of years of reconstruction by Poch and, of course, the opening of the modern, fancy stadium they had been building for ages. But the reality is that Tottenham had been declining since February 2019. If it wasn't for their 3 wonder performances in the CL,which were pretty much only happened because of immense luck, some questionable refereeing decision and of course Son and Moura turning into Messi and CR7 for one night, last season would be one more season to forget. Their instability in the second half of the previous season was shown by their form in the league, which was even worse than their current one. Their amazing champions league campaign masked their problems. Fortunately or unfortunately, they finished 4th in the EPL, thanks to amazing first round performances. They proceeded to have a mediocre transfer window, hoping that they would replicate the previous season, but as we all know, the opposite happened.

What Tottenham are in need right now is a total revamp. They need to get rid of some players and get a new manager who can guide the team to 3rd or 4th place and fire them back to their best. Will that be kovac, allegri, spaleti, that's up to them....

Comment

From what I've seen, Mourinho has made some effort to make himself come as more affable and less churlish.

Now with the coronavirus, there will be plenty of time to re-strategize. I too think Mourinho will be gone. It's hard to imagine Tottenham convincing players to sign if he's the manager. He'll need to set his sights a little lower where ever he goes, but he still has the ability to lead a team to major honors. I'd love to see him manage Greece.

Tottenham have a lot of quality in their ranks. Players Kane, Lloris, and Son are good enough to play almost anywhere. But they looked tired this season and the weight of expectations hurt them. It didn't help that players wanted to leave for bigger and better things. Ericksen and others were linked to moves to Real, etc.

Comment

The way I see it, he's fallen from grace at Man U and Chelsea twice--and when you go on to coach Spurs, who's a top 7 team at best most seasons, that's a diminishment of drastic proportions.

Spurs are treading water at best and unless they're prepared to hand him a blank check in the transfer window, they won't be improving anytime soon. Nov. 21st, that's the date folks. Don't forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
          From what I've seen, Mourinho has made some effort to make himself come as more affable and less churlish.

Now with the coronavirus, there will be plenty of time to re-strategize. I too think Mourinho will be gone. It's hard to imagine Tottenham convincing players to sign if he's the manager. He'll need to set his sights a little lower where ever he goes, but he still has the ability to lead a team to major honors. I'd love to see him manage Greece.

Tottenham have a lot of quality in their ranks. Players Kane, Lloris, and Son are good enough to play almost anywhere. But they looked tired this season and the weight of expectations hurt them. It didn't help that players wanted to leave for bigger and better things. Ericksen and others were linked to moves to Real, etc.
          Greece?

His philosophy is similar to Fernando Santos and the team looked lethal with him in charge...

But, really, next 2 years won't really be that much decisive for the national team. All we gotta do is top the UEFA Nations League group and secure a place for the play-offs, just in case the team fails in the WC Qualifying Groups.

Qualifying directly for the WC is hard, as only the first placed team is assured of a top place finish. For the Euros, we had a challenging group and despite going though one of the hardest periods we've been though recently, we still finished 3rd. Guess we will get to the WC by either finishing 2nd and winning the play-off or by using our UNL spot.

Mourinho in 2022 leading us in the World Cup? Can't really say no...

Comment

Mourinho reminds me of Rehhagel. Gasperini or Bielsa would be my favorite, but Van't Schip has been just as impressive in my book and I'm happy to see him lead until at least 2022, but he needs to get Manolas at least back on board (and I think Sokratis too).

Comment

Mourinho reminds me of Rehhagel. Gasperini or Bielsa would be my favorite, but Van't Schip has been just as impressive in my book and I'm happy to see him lead until at least 2022, but he needs to get Manolas at least back on board (and I think Sokratis too).
              Rehangel is the most succesful coach in the history of the national team.

I disagree with about Van Schip. He is not the best around, but he brought back us from our graves (drawing Liechtenstein at home) and I'd like to see him lead us in the UNL and WC Qualifiers.

Loved how the team looked so compact without any of the big stars under his leadership. But, yet, against a stronger team, a world class player like Manolas is absolutely needed. Socratis is done in my opinion and will be one of the players to leave from Arsenal this summer. He is not good enough to play for a good EPL, La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga anymore and I see him moving to Ligue 1 or Portugal and then back to Greece (hopefully back to AEK).

Comment

I don't think Sokratis is finished just yet at an elite level, but he will leave Arsenal this summer probably. The thing is, if we lose Manolas to suspension or injury, we'll need someone like Sokratis to step into this place. And if we take on teams like Turkey, it's good to have him on board in case there's any knuckle dragging, even if he's only on the bench.

Comment

I bet a mate ten bucks he'd be sacked by Spurs before November 21st, a year from when he was hired. Anybody want a piece of that action?

Comment

Everton look really good this season, so Tottenham losing to them wasn't a shocker.

Mourinho is at the club to win trophies and upset rivals. So long as he wins some against United, City, Chelsea, and Arsenal (especially) the players and fans will love him. Getting fourth place isn't necessarily something they need to do. If he can get the players to believe they can win the FA Cup and Europa, which will qualify Tottenham for the UCL, that will keep him in charge. So long as they remain in the running for trophies, that's all that matters. That's why they hired him. Levy knew Pochettino wasn't hard enough on players; whereas, Mourinho can be a proper bastard.

Comment

Greekfreak

I bet he stays on past December 31st. To make things interesting, how about this:
                      1. If he's out before November 21st, I'll let you choose my avatar and username.
                      2. If he's out before December 31st, but after November 21st, you can choose my avatar only.
                      3. If he stays on past December 31st, I get to choose what you have in your avatar.
                      4. If he wins Europa and the FA Cup, I get to choose your avatar and username. Deal?
                      Should Mourinho win the Europa double, be prepared to be known around these forums as Turkopsefti. And your avatar will be that of Tsipras:

Comment

Do it!!

Comment

Amorgos

You want in on this action?

Comment

I don't follow EPL closely enough to get in on it but if you want to wager anything in GSL or Ethinki feel free

Comment

Greekfreak

I bet he stays on past December 31st. To make things interesting, how about this:
                              1. If he's out before November 21st, I'll let you choose my avatar and username.
                              2. If he's out before December 31st, but after November 21st, you can choose my avatar only.
                              3. If he stays on past December 31st, I get to choose what you have in your avatar.
                              4. If he wins Europa and the FA Cup, I get to choose your avatar and username. Deal?
                              Should Mourinho win the Europa double, be prepared to be known around these forums as Turkopsefti. And your avatar will be that of Tsipras:

You're on. And the avatars stay changed until 2021.

Comment

Groovy.

Comment

Working...
                                X