X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2004 Final in HD

The final will be shown in HD (1080p, 16x9) on UEFA.tv on June 1st:

https://www.uefa.tv/video/live/14500...s&section=home

Probably the biggest over-achievement in the history of international football. We were lucky to have won in a certain sense, but the players worked hard and believed in themselves to achieve it. And maybe that's why Greece won and Portugal didn't. Greece had a clear plan: defend a clean sheet and score at least once. Portugal had no such clarity. They didn't know how to break us down. Watching it now again, I'm still asking myself how could Portugal have not threaten us more? We gave them the ball and they had it the Greek third anytime they wanted. People say teams like Portugal didn't respect us, but perhaps they respected us a bit too much and doubted themselves more than they should have.

Comment

Starting June 29th, Cosmote will air on their sport channel (and rebroadcast on their YouTube page for free if you live in Greece) 6 episodes featuring one of the key players for Greece in 2004 and another figure (from the world of athletics, politics, and cinema) to discuss the journey and the impact the success had. It's called "2004 Minutes" (2004 δευτερόλεπτα).

There's no mention as to whether they will also air the matches themselves. I hope ERT or Cosmote do show the games in HD.

Comment

Working...
      X