Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current EPO under Grammenos is the worst I have ever seen, people bagged EPO for the sake of it in the past but right now, it’s terrible with little football IQ in there.

Comment

Vlaxo's saves vs AEK.

https://streamable.com/fipfn

Comment

I really hope Fetfatzidis gets called up. It's incredible how Vlachodimos hasn't been capped yet. All these things we are mentioning means we know about football and that something is going wrong with the EPO.

Comment

Just a link to sum up what we all have been saying about Vlachodimos.

https://www.facebook.com/23157789391...2863119452222/

Comment

Masouras looks way better on the wing than Mantalos or Bakasetas. He would give us something different because he is a natural winger.

I dont know why Siopis hasnt been given a chance yet. He looks better when passing the ball forward and dosent stop covering ground. Zeca looks like he has declined a bit. Kourbelis not giving enough going forward. Decent defensively but dosent offer an extra spark going forward. Galanopoulos is like Siopis. Id take one of them. They are both similar in style and stature.

Back then we had Samaras and Salpinigids who were not natural wingers and were mainly strikers. They still did the job on the wing during our more successful period. We have plenty of wingers in the u21s.

- Lamprou

- Chatzigiovanis

- Limnios

- Manthatis

- Also we have Donis and Fetfatzidis. Lazaros can be in the mix. So there is no excuse that we dont have wingers. There is no need to have Pelkas and Mantalos their. There not doing the job. Bakasetas is completely useless unfortunately.

Upfront and CM is our biggest problem. If we can get someone to breakout in these positions we are set.

Vlachodimos

Torosidis Manolas Sokratis Koutris

Galanopoulos Bouzoukis

Limnios Fetfatzidis Chatzigiovannis

Donis

We need to move on from Mitroglou. Very inconsistent... Maybe Donis can take over in that spot. While we push for Lazaros or Chatzigiovanis on the right. I want to see 2 different players in the CMs. Galanopoulos is a strong candidate. Hasnt been given a proper chance yet and is young. Samaris, Kourbelis, Zeca, Taxi and Bouchalakis are not the answer moving forward. they cant create enough for us and are technically limited.

SO, Galanopoulos should be tested as a 6. With another up and coming player. Bouzoukis can play that role as an 8. Fetfa at 10. He would of destroyed Estonia's backline with his trickery and vision. His shooting abilities are questionable but would give us something different to our attack. This team needs replacements from midfield to striker. This would mean the team would be going througa rebuiding phase. You want massive changes this is we should start. As fas as the EPO go i dont care. Start playing different players all the time its the only way to find out this team true potential. Instead of keeping the same old and not getting anywhere. Fortounis is talented for sure but for now he should be on the bench. Pelkas too.

At least the younger generation will give you all they have rather than having complacency like most of our players.

Comment

I know we like to speculate etc...but Limnios has no place in that 11 today....nor do the two PAO youngsters...

Comment

You might be right red sheriff. But how many more chances do the likes of Samaris and Mantalos need to have? We haven’t really got anywhere with them. Apart from the playoff spot we had against Croatia we haven’t really achieved enough.

In my opinion building towards the future now is what should be done but I know it won’t happen. Pelkas and Mantalos are not wingers and Bakasetas is useless. He didn’t call up Fetfa and Lazaros which seems suspicious. He might not ever call them up. I say play our youth and build towards the future and then see what happens because clearly our “main players” are not cut out for it. Apart from Sokratis, Manolas and Fortounis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                  You might be right red sheriff. But how many more chances do the likes of Samaris and Mantalos need to have? We haven’t really got anywhere with them. Apart from the playoff spot we had against Croatia we haven’t really achieved enough.

In my opinion building towards the future now is what should be done but I know it won’t happen. Pelkas and Mantalos are not wingers and Bakasetas is useless. He didn’t call up Fetfa and Lazaros which seems suspicious. He might not ever call them up. I say play our youth and build towards the future and then see what happens because clearly our “main players” are not cut out for it. Apart from Sokratis, Manolas and Fortounis.

Something you have to understand is the politics of the NT. I should have put money on the EPO picking any coach not connected with OSFP firstly..
                  Secondly.. there are certain players who the media like and even openly lobby the NT to include: Fortounis, Mantalos, Tzavellas, Tziolis, Stafylidis, Lazarus, Sokratis, Paschalakis and certain players they have never liked, Xolebas, Fetfa, Ninis, Stoltidis, Tsiartas, Gekas etc - usually creative players.

Before you put out a lineup, one has to sadly remember - politics rather than form is a big decider.

Comment

It’s quite sad. I never knew how much the media influences things. That shouldn’t be the case. What kind of world are we living in? I didn’t know also that the EPO are against Oly. What’s the reason?.

The media has no idea about football if that is the case. How can you leave our creative players? Why do the media have so much power? This is what makes it really bizarre. Internal politics is what’s ruining the team.

I don’t know if there is a point of following the team anymore. The reason I say that is because our team could be so much more, also by sabotaging the squad with bad quality players how are we ever suppose to be supporting the team knowing that there are these internal politics. What are we supposed to do keeping following them knowing about these going on behind the scenes. Any coach can see that Fetfatzidis would be beneficial for the team. It shouldn’t take a genius.

Massive changes need to be made in order for us to have a team worth watching with players that deserve to be there for the good of the team.

Comment

OK...Next official match in March.....that's still 3/4 months away...

if all players are fit and in form....I'd like to see something like this...

..............................Odi................. ........................

Torosidis..........Manolas..........Sokratis...... ..Lykogiannis

........................Galanopoulos.............. ....

.....................Zeca..........Fortounis...... ............

Lazaros...................Mitro................... .Donis

Subs:

Karnezis
                      Koutris
                      Siovas
                      Taxi
                      Mandalos
                      Bakakis
                      Fetfa
                      Karelis
                      Xatzigiovannis
                      Kourbelis
                      K.Pap
                      Retsos

Comment

I don’t see anything wrong with that lineup. Maybe swap Galanopoulos with Zeca but other than that it wouldn’t hurt us to play this team. I’d take Pelkas in the though rather than Mantalos.

Comment

I just read Klonaridis is in the final steps of the process to be eligible to represent Greece.

He claims his mother is finalizing paperwork in Belgium and that he can't wait!!

Comment

I was actually very disappointed with Xatzigiovannis and Bouzoukis in the last league game I saw them...

Comment

I think we are relying on these players because as a nation we haven’t got much depth and when these players who have talent do well we are attached to them and want them in the national team. They are not always going to perform the way we would like all the time. They are still young and proving to be good players.

Comment

The Greek league is really poor. I'll have a hard time taking these players seriously until they prove themselves at a good level. I would wait until they play in Europe because the Greek youth failed to beat Austria for a place in the u21 finals and now that's an opportunity missed for them to gain some really good experience and showcase their talents relative to their peers.

In my view, it's better to wait for a player with potential to actually give us at least a glimpse of what they can do at a high level. Fetfatzidis I could get behind because of his UCL goal against Marseille and his very obvious natural talents. Ninis because of his performance against Roma, u19 success, and title win. Fortounis because of his performance against Dortmund in 2012 and the fact he competed in the final rounds at the u21 level. He then proved his talents at Euro 2012 in the match against Poland, but in the Czech match his inexperience became all too apparent. He was lucky Vokolos, his u21 coach, was on hand to help at the senior national level. Kourbelis because he has experience playing in Europa with Asteras and because he has played often as captain. He's at a point where he's just about ready to play in a top league abroad, which he'll need to do in order to get better. Stafylidis and Kapino because of their success at the u19 and u21 levels, plus they have gone abroad to leagues like Germany and are still desired by clubs in those countries.

Our failure to properly blood these players and give them the experience and guidance they crave has nearly all but ruined them. When we lose to Faroe Islands, it's because we failed to cater to these talents as needed. Stafylidis is a great example. He's not a LB. He's wide midfielder. Greece is playing him incorrectly and he's suffered because of it. At the beginning of Euro 2016 qualification I knew he was better suited at LWM and that we ought to have been playing a 3-5-2 or some variant thereof with a back three. For those who think positions don't matter and that we can stick Ninis on RW and expect a grand performance, they're wrong. Sokratis was effective against Argentina because he played as a 3rd CB. If we played with a back two, he would have been a disaster and that proved the case for AC Milan against Cesena. As a result, he saw the Milan bench. Santos put a lot of faith in Sokratis, more than I would have even though I wanted him in there, but it was also out of necessity. Kyrgiakos had retired.

For a player to make the step up to the Ethniki, in my opinion he has to really do something that merits him a place and he has to prove he's good enough to play in a top league, even if he's only average abroad. Even if he's not fully at the level needed, he has to show enough potential to at least show that he is capable of producing the goods against quality opponents or at a high level. We need players capable of competing at the highest levels. They don't need to be the world's greatest player playing at Arsenal. So long as they are good enough to play at Stoke, that's enough to earn my consideration.

Players do need experience at the international level and we need to blood players in when they at least show some merit in being there. I was very frustrated with the slow development of Ninis at the international level. It wasn't until Santos became coach that Ninis really got a platform and then Santos in his final two years stopped caring about developing players. He over-relied on Karagounis and Katsouranis and we've been suffering ever since. Rehhagel really botched Ninis' development. I still can't comprehend why he called him, Mitroglou, Pliatsikas, and Sokratis up for the matches for Euro 2008. They needed to stay at the u21 level. Them competing at the u21 tournament was more important and Greece missed out because of that decision. None of them were ready even by the time they played Ukraine in the play-offs due to a lack of development at the international level. Rehhagel called them up only so they could sit and admire from the bench. Sokratis and Pliatsikas got injured in the play-offs. Pliatsikas destroyed his career because of it. Rehhagel didn't trust Ninis nor Sokratis against South Korea, but he played them against Argentina. Clueless coaching, but Sokratis was fortunate enough to get Rehhagel's faith in man-marking Messi. In my opinion, had Pliatsikas not been injured, he likely would have been given that task.
                                Last edited by Don Giovanni; 12-16-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X