Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion Stafylidis can’t play on the wing. Not skillful enough. As LB or LWB he is more useful in my opinion. His attacking runs are very good and has a powerful shot from distance. Every time he made runs we very dangerous. Defensively he is not the greatest but is still reliable in my opinion. His service that he provides going forward is very import any for us. Koutris at the moment is proving to be an all rounder and is very professional. Tsimikas I believe should be a LM/LW. He has got it as a winger I believe and can score goals inside the box. Very athletic also.

Fetfatzidis is a no brainer over Mantalos and Bakasetas. Fetfatzidis would definitely be in my plans for the national team. In my opinion if you show you are good enough and look good in the eye for example Bouzoukis then you should be given a chance straight away in the national team. It shouldn’t be dragged on for no reason. Chatzigiovannis is another. Masouras should have been capped 1.5 years ago.

Kourbelis is to me has improved over the years and it’s time for him to go abroad and prove himself I’m a big advocate for playing talented players who can give something eg. Fetfatzidis rather than someone who plays but won’t give you enough for eg. Bakasetas.

I don’t know what it is though with these coaches in the national team. Unless I don’t understand something I don’t know why you wouldn’t give more chances to like Ninis, Fetfatzidis, Tachtsidis at the time and now other players. We were relying on Katsouranis and Karagounis when we had inform and supposedly better players at the time like Lazaros, Kone, Tachtsidis and Ninis. Instead we saw Salpingidis more on the wing who I didn’t mind as a player and Samaras. It’s always the case in this team that you get the feeling of ‘this player should play instead and that player shouldn’t’.

Comment

I think Stafyllidis needs to play and be judged when match fit and injury free..

Lykogiannis seems to have fallen off the face of the earth? is he injured?

Tsimikas and Koutris on par....

All 4 are LB and nothing else....we need to stop playing these full backs as wingers...or midfielders...

Staf and Lykogiannis have had some success abroad.....when fit and healthy and playing...I'd pick them ahead of the Oly two...
      they both have very good shots and eye for a goal...the Oly two don't...

Comment

Originally posted by RED SHERIFF View Post
        I think Stafyllidis needs to play and be judged when match fit and injury free..

Lykogiannis seems to have fallen off the face of the earth? is he injured?

Tsimikas and Koutris on par....

All 4 are LB and nothing else....we need to stop playing these full backs as wingers...or midfielders...

Staf and Lykogiannis have had some success abroad.....when fit and healthy and playing...I'd pick them ahead of the Oly two...
        they both have very good shots and eye for a goal...the Oly two don't...
        But Stafy is a terrible defender RS..

Comment

My pecking order

1. Koutris
          2. Stafylidis (if he ever gets match fit again)
          3. Lyko & Tsimakas

Comment

Koutris is in the best in form out of all LBs. Stafylidis I think brings something to this team especially with his eye for goal. But he hasn’t played and I believe Koutris is more all rounded than Stafylidis. But we can be dangerous in attack when Stafylidis overlaps or carries the ball forward. I’d be happy if any of those LBs start for us but at the moment Koutris deserves to be ahead out of all of them. If I was to rank these players I’d do it like this

Attacking wise

1.Stafylidis
            2.Koutris
            3.Tsimikas
            4.Lykogiannis

Defending wise

1.Lykogiannis
            2.Koutris
            3.Stafylidis
            4.Tsimikas

In my opinion this is how I’d rank it. So Koutris comes off as the more balanced player who is also very fast and has very good crosses. Tsimikas has potential to be better than all of these players in given time. Lykogiannis was very solid in defence and got hardly beaten. He doesn’t off much going forward and he is a bit slow. Stafylidis would be my number 1 LB but it’s hard to argue with the way Koutris has been playing this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets bought with big money. He is only 22 aswell.

Comment

I think that Koutris advantage today is purely on the fact that he's playing regularly...
              Staf and Lyko are NOT playing at all....so until they play they are hard to judge.,,the biggest and obvious lesson we learnt from the debacle in Zagreb was you only pick and play match fit and in form players.

As poor as we were in Zagreb.....our inform 11 would not have lost that game 1-4....a 1-2 or even a 2-2 was possible..

I still remember the second half by Koutris at Rijeka last year that almost cost us big time...Sure he has improved in 15 months...but I still want to see him tested at the highest level..

Comment

Koutris against Milan in both games was very good. He did his job. He has been playing like a real professional and has the speed. We need to look at who has improved and who has regressed.

Stafylidis has improved a bit more defensively than say 3 years ago. In Euro 2016 Qualifiers he was shocking defensively. I believe he has improved as a player overall aswell as he hasn’t proven to be threatening in attack for both club and country he hasn’t played though this season.

I’d like to see Tsimikas improve a bit more as a player in all aspects first so then we could say he should be first choice. I believe all LBs have improved over the years it will be a good headache to have in deciding who should be 1st choice. I can’t say much about the RB position though.

Comment

the irony is we have 4 LB choices and zero at RB.....10 years ago it was the opposite!!

Comment

Retsos can fill in at RB. Bakakis too inconsistent and isn’t that great. Torosidis aging and so on... Masouras is up and coming but not playing. Why hasn’t Kivrakidis been given a chance?

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone! ... God bless!
                    Last edited by Dean97; 12-26-2018, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Kivrakidis wasn't a player that was given call ups in the under age NT either?

His lack of size my be a factor....?

Bakakis just doesn't do it for me either...

we need to see how Retsos comes back from injury...at this stage can't see him getting selected for the March matches..
                      he is more suited to CD...

Comment

We are debating who should play left-back or right-back and the fact is we have no one suitable to play either role. We have wide-midfielders and the two best options are Stafylidis (because he plays abroad and is developing in Germany) and Bakakis (because there is no one else). Alternatively, there is always Holebas and Torosidis. I think both have something to offer and would be needed to qualify for Euro 2020, even if they're only on the bench.

Comment

Lol your kidding right? We have limited options at right back ok, but we got at least 4 options for LB

Comment

Amorgos

All our wing-backs are defensive liabilities. If we continue to play with two CBs and these guys outwide, we will concede too many goals.

Comment

Sokratis still does the job for Greece which is more than I can ask for. He and Manolas are our saviours in other words. Without them I don’t know how far down the rankings we would be. Our fullbacks are not great defensively. An ageing Torosidis is a problem and also the lack of experience our LBs have should be a concern. Maybe Anastasiadis changes the formation and plays a 3-5-2. It would be a good idea as it would allow our young current wingers to mature at club football first and then be looked at down the road.

Something like this...

Vlachodimos

Manolas Sokratis Papadopoulos

Bakakis Kourbelis Zeca Stafyildis

Fortounis

Donis Mitroglou

Bakakis and Stafyldis can put in decent crosses in the box. They aren’t great defensively but can be given a bit more freedom going forward and score or assist. Kourbelis and Zeca would be there as 2 workhorses covering most of the pitch and especially shielding the defence. I play Fortounis behind Mitroglou and Donis, but it would have been intriguing if Tachtsidis would play there as the 10 because of his height, passing and vision. Also he wouldn’t have to worry too much defensively as he could have a free role. His slowness is what sabotages him though.

This formation works for our players. I believe having a system that benefits our players will only help in getting the best out of them. In the past we have seen the wrong players play and also the wrong players playing in the wrong position. As this sabotages the teams chances for success.

I believe this system would get the best out of our players and it seems the way to go. An inform Tachtsidis would be great in this system.

Comment

Dean, Tachtsidis has spend 5 times more time at nightclubs this season than an actual football team squad... need to move on... not seen a minute at NF

Comment

Working...
                                X