Austria vs Hellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think van't Schip was being honest in suggesting it was a good game. He may have seen some positives, but Austria didn't play a friendly game of football and van't Schip had a lot of new faces, while some played in less familiar roles which only added to the discordance. It was an experimental game and maybe we should read into things only that far.

Comment

A poor game from us but thankfully only a friendly.

As I expected, we are slowly but surely making CB a nightmare for us with JVS's selections, right now I think he needs to talk to Manolas as our options are piss weak now.

Lambropoulos at RB... this is something i'd expect Skibbe to do

Attack was poor, dunno if playing Limnios for so long was a good idea

I thought Kyriakopoulos played CDM for a bit whilst Lykogiannis was on and did exceptionally well there.

Tough game to watch overall, Bouchalakis had his chance to impress and failed. Thank god I didnt watch it at 530am.

Comment

I actually liked both Lykogiannis and Kyriakopoulos. Kyriakopoulos is a smart player and did ok at CM. We played 4-3-3 2nd half. We have a lot of great LBs and I think Van’t Schip wants see them all in person. With Lykogiannis, Kyriakopoulos, Tsimikas, Giannoulis and Koutris to choose from there really is no need for Stafylidis and Tzavellas.

Comment

Bouchalakis wasn't that bad. He's taking on a difficult role for Greece. He's a better passer than most of our options. The others are holding DM, but Bouchalakis is a proper CM who makes the ball move. We need someone in the middle who can pass, not just run. He might be the best we can do for now, but I'd prefer Zeca and Galanopoulos for the time being if the plan is to play two DMs. Maybe Fortounis can reclaim the CAM role and drop back with Masouras/Fountas/Mantalos tucking in and the left-back pushing way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            Bouchalakis wasn't that bad. He's taking on a difficult role for Greece. He's a better passer than most of our options. The others are holding DM, but Bouchalakis is a proper CM who makes the ball move. We need someone in the middle who can pass, not just run. He might be the best we can do for now, but I'd prefer Zeca and Galanopoulos for the time being if the plan is to play two DMs. Maybe Fortounis can reclaim the CAM role and drop back with Masouras/Fountas/Mantalos tucking in and the left-back pushing way forward.
            I agree with you Don. But I noticed Bouchalakis was playing like a 6 in a deeper role with Zeca and Bakasetas more attacking in a 3 man midfield. I think Bouchalakis is more comfortable with less running and prefers to hold. Van’t Schip propably put him there for that reason, in the 2nd half. Bouchalakis out of all CDM/CMs is our best passer. But isn’t good enough for Greece I think. We need someone more like a box to box or central midfielder. All our midfielders are either ball winning (Kourbelis, Zeca and Galanopoulos) or holding midfielders (Bouchalakis, Samaris and Tachtsidis). We need someone to carry the ball through the guts of the opposition and a player to play more penetrating passes. This player needs speed, intelligence and dribbling skills. He has to be a good finisher and also get stuck in defensively. Bouchalakis, Kourbelis and Zeca aren’t that balanced player, they try to be.

Vasiliadis might be the midfielder we need or Androutsos. Both these guys have speed and are good with the ball. Just based on the way they play they have an intent to attack.

Vasiliadis is an engine. He can run all day. He’s got better technique than Kourbelis and Zeca. Has more vision/intelligence. He can play CDM/CM/CAM.

Androutsos is great with the ball. Has speed and can use his weaker foot well. Can score goals as seen with Atromitos. He provides energy aswell but not as good as Vasiliadis. Androutsos played a more attacking role at Atromitos even sometimes on the left wing where he assisted a couple times. He’s even played RB for Olympiakos. The guy can do it all. Would be a great CM and also a utility player. Can be useful in multiple positions.

Both these guys seem like all rounders. It’s not easy finding that CM but it’s worth giving a chance to one of these players. The point also is these players have attacking instincts which is what we need in that CDM/CM role.

Comment

https://youtu.be/dSHRTV7bcFU
              Here are the highlights from Androutsos last season... Left foot cross assist. Could’ve had many more assists like that. Great speed and determination to get past the Aris defender. Great goal on the left where he put it in the top right corner. Scored a header, dribbled past 2 defenders to put it away, fast thinker aswell. This player is showing us he can do it all... Should be looked at by Van’t Schip but now that he’s staying with Olympiakos and is on the list for Champions League hopefully he can get some game time.
              Last edited by Dean97; 10-09-2020, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X