Moldova v Greece UNL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we'll take the result - no way greece gets the time and space against nations league a or b sides as they did against 'c' side moldova. terrible, terrible moldova today.

good to see tsimikas and mavrias (especially 2nd half) realize the 'quality' of opponent and run wild. as far as the attack, bouxa and bakasetas were move-killers and today's zeca is not the zeca of 3-4 years ago. great heart and stamina, losing it a bit. fortounis man of the match - no way he gets the time and space on and off the ball against better sides. classy first goal - another mistake off a defending throw-in, this time the moldovans wear the dunce cap.

i'm not sure in what exact direction the manager is going - it's great he's playing most young attacking wide and CF talent he has at his disposal - except for donis. at the same time, it's not helping that he's sticking with the same CM and CB pairings. i thought mavrias was good, but, i wouldn't expect him to be as impressive offensively (good runs and support in the 2nd half) and may suffer defensively - against a better side. still, a good match for mavrias and he deserves credit.

as is, with the greece players further along in getting matches in far superior leagues and tournaments than most slovenes, i fully expect a victory on wednesday and promotion to the 'b' league.

at the moment, i believe greece would struggle in the 'b' league. still believe that the manager has much to sort out.

Comment

Decent performance, clearly some guys are better than others but some guys did well be are getting bashed on here for some reason.

Reaper, some good ratings but I think you’re been very biased on some like Mavrias for example who played well and did a stack of running.

Tzavellas did more passing than Hatzidiakos and Bakasetas had one of his better games after the first 15-20 mins.

Slovenia will be a huge game, Giakoumakis gets himself in good positions to score so hope he starts

Comment

Have a listen to our Podcast

https://anchor.fm/hellas-footy/episo...isode-5-emhol5

Comment

Originally posted by Nikod View Post
          Bouchalakis is dreadful
          , Yes he is, but he is what he is...Beggars can't be choosers, as we lack quality with the CMs. Ran out of fingers and toes the amount of times he and the other pylon, Bakasetas lost the ball, Glad to see Chatzio. get a run with the ethniki, Reaper is right, still hasn't hit his stride this year like he did the tail end of last season. A bit jittery with the ball the last couple of games, but you can see he speeds up the game in the midfield when he has the ball, greatly need that with our other slower AMs

Comment

VS didn't look too happy when Fortounis scored. Camera caught his reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
              VS didn't look too happy when Fortounis scored. Camera caught his reaction.

I noticed that look when I was watching the game. He seems like he’s not overly impressed with him. Even when talking to the media he down plays Fortounis abilities by saying he has to start playing more for his club or that he needs to improve more or that’s not enough when speaking about him. It comes across like he has something against him or he wants to faze him out. That’s what I think...

But Fortounis I believe is our best player and if we lose him I haven’t got high hopes for the team especially with Bakasetas starting and especially against stronger sides.
              Last edited by Dean97; 11-16-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

When asked about Fortounis after the game - he answered mentioning how good Bakasetas played too.. It seems he is emotionally invested in Mandalos/ Bakasetas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                  But Fortounis I believe is our best player and if we lose him I haven’t got high hopes for the team especially with Bakasetas starting and especially against stronger sides.
                  Correct, and sadly we are wasting time not implementing Tzolis on the left now instead of Bakasetas

Comment

The flip side is it appears that as much as Fortounis says he doesn't have a point to prove, the way he is currently being played/treated by JVS, he has actually played with a point to prove which isn't a bad thing. It is effectively getting a good performance out of him with less complacency. The only issue is will JVS actually reward Fortounis with a regular starting spot after a run of good performances, because if he doesn't then yes he risks unsettling him and him switching off/retiring or saying something publicly earning the wrath of JVS and subsequent boot from the squad.

Comment

http://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2020...ova-v.html?m=1

Comment

Working...
                      X