Big game we must win to set up the final with Slovenia

Rumored Lineup :

Vlachodimos

Mavrias Chatzidiakos Tzavellas Tsimikas

Zeca
    Fortounis Bakasetas

Limnios Tzolis

Giakoumakis

Hopefully we do play 4-3-3 again. We looked good and more attacking. This is the way forward in my opinion. Enough is enough of 2 DMs.

Comment

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/77964...-stin-moldabia

vlachodimos
      mavrias
      hatzidiakos
      tzavellas
      tsimikas
      zeca
      bouchalakis
      fortounis
      bakasetas
      limnios
      pavlidis

4-2-3-1

tzavellas at cb thank god it’s Moldova. Don’t rate him too highly.

Bouchalakis as well. Saw him at BMO Field in Toronto some years back scored a screamer against AC Milan. Never truly won me over since. Offers height and a long shot, but rarely scores at that. Kiomourtzoglou is his ideal replacement imo.

I don’t mind Mavrias at RB for now, but not long term. Suitable switch for him complements his pace and he never put up good goal numbers. Glad Van’t Schipp brought Lazaros Rota into the picture. I read he’s putting up some of the best stats in Holland. Bright future there.

Bakasetas is hot cold and hot. Seen a lot of lacklustre performances from this guy but we’ve all seen that left foot. The previous Greek park-the-bus defensive system was heavily unfavourable for attacking players/goal scorers. Heck, I didn’t think Giakoumakis would ever score for Greece. From Platanias to tearing up the Eredivisie.

Van’t Schipp got us from repeated qualification humiliation to realistic World Cup and Euro aspirations. I still see a few hiccups here and there in the call-ups but I do have faith in this coach. By the grace of God, I don’t see us losing to the Faroe Islands anytime soon!
      Last edited by Ethnikos; 11-15-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Shame Tzolis was dropped for both him and Greece. Most in-form player Greece has.

Comment

https://www.stasinos.tv/Greek/Open.aspx

Comment

Bouchalakis is dreadful

Comment

Nice to see us turn it on. Fortounis scored a beauty and then set up bakasetas for a sitter. He and Tsimikas are the only top-level players in this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikod View Post
                Nice to see us turn it on. Fortounis scored a beauty and then set up bakasetas for a sitter. He and Tsimikas are the only top-level players in this team.
                Agree. Mavrias looks exceptionally average and Tzavellas gives the ball away so often. I think Greece looks marginally better without Kourbelis.

Fortounis and Tsimikas the only real ballers out there. Tzolis should come on for Limnios imo.

Comment

Bakasetas miss-kicks infront of goal again..

Comment

Bakasetas and Bouchalakis shouldn’t be starting. They shouldn’t be playing 90 minutes either. Both lost the ball many times and got beaten to the ball a lot too. These guys don’t cut it for me. They are also very slow. They kill our attacks and luckily we had Fortounis playing.

Fortounis, Tsimikas, Limnios and Tzolis are the only players that should start 100%. These players are our best players by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                      Bakasetas miss-kicks infront of goal again..
                      He is so frustrating to watch. Apart from the goal, he did nothing special. Gave the ball away, was outmuscled and over hit many passes. He must be paying good money to be starting every game.

Comment

OK, my ratings on this positive day for the Greek NT.

Vlaxo: 10 - did everything asked of him which wasn't much.
                        Mavrias: 3 - just don't see anything good there. Poor passer, reads the game badly but tries hard, hence the 3.
                        Hatzi: 6 - don't mind him. Fairly competent today.
                        Tzavellas: 4 - not much to do in defence but loses points for his shitty passing all game and constant fouls which will see him sent off in a more serious game.
                        Tsimikas: 8 - can't ask more of a LB. Talented.
                        Zeca: 5 - determined and a workhorse but lacking skill and intelligence.
                        Bouxa: 5 - languid style, sometimes does well, sometimes gets it wrong. Better than Kourbelis.
                        Bakasetas: 5 - destroyed 100s of great moves because of poor coordination and skill. His miss-hit goal will mean he will remain captain. A total lightweight. However he is safe in the 11, VS making sure to mention how good he works with Fortounis after the game..https://www.gazzetta.gr/football/uef...ai-i-omada-vid Clearly there are people questioning why VS adores him so so he feels I must apologise for him every game.
                        Fortounis: 9 - mvp. Ran, passed, created. Goal from no where. Superb.
                        Limnios: 4 - most disappointing player out there because he has talent. Was also shitty in the last game. Tziolis looked miles better.
                        Pavlidis: 3 - just nothing.

Tziolis: 8 - came on, made chances instantly. Defenders hate him. Fast. If he had started instead of Bakasetas he could have scored a few today with the chances Bakasetas missed.
                        Giakoumakis: 5 - clumsy and poor at the critical moment.
                        Kyriako: 4 - not impressed.
                        Hatzigionvanni: 5 - looked better last year. Seems lost this year.

VS: 5 - at least he had the brains to start Fortounis. However, with Tzavellas and Bakasetas his favourites, we will get dismantled in any tournament by serious opposition.

I would replace Tzavellas with any CB.
                        Replace Bakasetas with Fortounis and put Tzolis in his place on the wing.
                        I would let Retsos have the RB position over Mavrias.

The two CMs are both weak. I don't see any obvious solutions. I would put Mandalos as one of the CMs and leave the other as a pure DM - Bouxa or Zeca. Maybe when Galan comes back - if he is still as fast he can be used.

Comment

Since we haven’t got any 8s and and we don’t want to try Vasiliadis, I believe we should play 4-3-3 with one 6 and two 10s like we did against Cyprus. Playing 2DMs doesn’t work for our attack in my opinion and we have lots of 10s. Mantalos, Pelkas, Fortounis and even Vasiliadis if ever called up again can play as the CMs. While one of Zeca, Kourbelis and Bouchalakis as the 6.

I’d rather do that then see Bakasetas start as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1. Also I’m not very high on Bouchalakis playing either. Kourbelis isn’t good enough aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                            OK, my ratings on this positive day for the Greek NT.

Hatzigionvanni: 5 - looked better last year. Seems lost this year.
                            As i wasn't able to watch the game, im relying on posts and articles so thanks for posting the above ratings.

I was interested to see how Chatzigiovanni went in his second game? but not sure what your description with his rating means?

Comment

Originally posted by Kojak View Post

As i wasn't able to watch the game, im relying on posts and articles so thanks for posting the above ratings.

I was interested to see how Chatzigiovanni went in his second game? but not sure what your description with his rating means?
                              Last year for me the guy was so underrated. He was fast, skillful and direct. Also had a good eye for goal. Watching him this season for PAO and NT, he looks a shadow of the player he was. He looked unsure what to do with the ball tonight. He was not direct. His confidence looks damaged.

Comment

• Kojak
                                Kojak commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks for the clarification.
                            Working...
                            X