This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
    Skibbe has announced the Hatzidiakos replacement.

Bakakis.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/klithi...s.9178589.html
    Lovely, it's Mr. Chicken with his head cut off as the replacement . .. 15 LONG YEARS of terrible nt squad selections has blunted my enthusiasm for the ethniki, I'm sad to say

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post

Lovely, it's Mr. Chicken with his head cut off as the replacement . .. 15 LONG YEARS of terrible nt squad selections has blunted my enthusiasm for the ethniki, I'm sad to say
      Tell me about it. It's been a type of Chinese water torture.

Drip.. Athanasiadis... Drip... Papazoglou.. Drip Drip.. Tziolis Stafylidis... Drip... Tzavellas.. Drip.. Bakakis.. Drip.. Kapino.. Drip Drip.. Vyntra Bakasetas.. Drip.. Skibbe.. Drip Drip Van't Ship Anastasiadis..

Comment

• I still have hope. I want to focus as much as possible on the positives. But it’s very hard when we continuously have to see untalented and undeserving players get called up over players who are more deserving and talented. I don’t know what if this will ever change. Like it doesn’t have to be 100% perfect and I don’t think it ever will be but every other national team seems like they play there absolute best players they have and we are the only ones who don’t.

For me, if Papadopoulos who I rate can get a call up after being absent for so long then Ninis should come back to the team aswell. He’s just as deserving if not more. He has been playing 90 minute games aswell. I don’t think Siopis or Bakasetas are going to give a pinpoint pass to our attackers the way Ninis can.

By the way Mantalos played as a CM against PAOK and gave an assist with a through ball. Hopefully we’ll see him in that position for Greece.

Comment

• ^^ A nice position to be in would be for the best players Greece has available to be selected and the arguments and debate focused around formations. Instead we are always subjected to having to come to terms with players getting starts who hamstring the team and players who should be starting - not even selected.

Comment

• I do agree that some selections are baffling, but for 95% of the squad, the right players were picked...

Comment

• Which players you think should not have been picked? Mavrias? Tzavellas? Bakasetas? Bakakis? Kapino? Svarnas? Etc

Comment

• I thinks Mavria, Svarnas, Siopis shouldn't have been picked. Manolas/Sok weren't coming.

Kapino has been playing every week and actually has been MoM a few times. Bakasetas has played very well in Turkey (look at his ratings, one of the highest rated players this year in Turkey). Bakakis I would have called for experience and picked Masouras instead of Mavrias. Tzavellas has been playing well also, don't have a problem with him being picked. I would have picked Ninis instead of Siopis, Siovas instead of Svarnas. But the rest, I see why he picked them. There is no player that wasn't picked that would make a huge impact (maybe Ninis but he wasn't going to be played).

Comment

• Ufff, VS doubling down...

Οδυσσέας Βλαχοδήμος, Σωκράτης Διούδης, Αλέξανδρος Πασχαλάκης, Μιχάλης Μπακάκης, Θανάσης Ανδρούτσος, Μανώλης Σάλιακας, Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος, Αχιλλέας Πούγγουρας, Γιώργος Τζαβέλλας, Κώστας Μαυροπάνος, Κώστας Τσιμίκας, Δημήτρης Γιαννούλης, Λεονάρντο Κούτρης, Κάρλος Ζέκα, Μανώλης Σιώπης, Κώστας Γαλανόπουλος, Ανδρέας Μπουχαλάκης, Δημήτρης Πέλκας, Τάσος Μπακασέτας, Πέτρος Μάνταλος, Χρήστος Τζόλης, Γιώργος Μασούρας, Τάσος Δουβίκας, Βαγγέλης Παυλίδης.

I guess the only victory is the out of form Limnios hasn't been shoe horned in, however still enough of the failed professionals to sabotage the game. VS still going out his way to ignore Masouras and Kitsiou at RB by selecting the failed Bakakis and bizarrely Saliakis.. wonder how much that cap cost Saliakis? Only 4 natural left backs in the squad instead 5.. I guess that is as much as we can hope for from a naturally stupid man.

Comment

• Once again poor selections. He could’ve used this time to give untested players a chance to prove themselves in positions that we need to improve on. There’s no Kitsiou, Masouras, Kotsiras, Alexandropoulos, Vasiliadis, Ninis etc. Also Fortounis isn’t there either which is bizarre.

I know Manolas doesn’t want to play for this guy but come on, we can do better than Poungouras and Tzavellas... There have been a lot of articles saying how Bakakis is terribly out of form for the last year and a half. But he still gets picked.

JVS wants to build around Bakasetas again. How many times will it take for him realise that 9 times out of 10 he ruins all our attacks. If not 10/10. To think that he’s favoured over Fortounis is bizarre in its self.

Comment

• Pougouras... really? What a terrible selection... There is no right winger I see also, unless Pavlidis plays there but there is two games so I assume we will see Pelkas there, Tzolis was horrible there last time.

Fortounis out for personal reasons, hope everything is ok there.

I agree Dean, all those guys should have been picked also (dunno about Vasiliadis) I would have thrown Fetfa in there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                        Once again poor selections. He could’ve used this time to give untested players a chance to prove themselves in positions that we need to improve on. There’s no Kitsiou, Masouras, Kotsiras, Alexandropoulos, Vasiliadis, Ninis etc. Also Fortounis isn’t there either which is bizarre.
                        Kotsiras having the season of his life. Alexandropoulos is imo the best cm we have. Most dynamic. Ninis should be there. Just pathetic.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	714EB5B3-CD1C-4F36-9B53-4E7B2100BE91.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	15140I actually don’t mind this squad. Apart from Tzavellas, Bakasetas and Saliakas. Very happy to see Alexandropoulos back in there.

Interested to see Papanikolaou play. Also happy to see Douvikas.

Comment

• 4 left backs again. Only one natural RB..
                            Tzolakis - most inform Greek keeper ignored.

Vroussai has been terrible for Olympiacos for over a year - even in friendlies. Wonder how much that cap cost him.

VS still building the 11 around Bakasetas.

Comment

• Tzolakis should have been called up, but he would not have started. Vlacho has cemented that position and he is starting again for Benfica (playing very well).
                              Retsos can and has played RB. I am more concerned about Limnios than Vroussai, he has looked terrible the last few times he has played for the ethniki.

Is Pelkas injured? Wonder if he will try incorporating both Giannoulis and Tsimikas in the starting 11.

Would like to see the following:

Vlacho
                              Androutsos Papadopoulos (played really well last time) Mavropanos Tsimikas

Siopis Galanopoulos Mantalos

Masouras Fountas Tzolis

Tzolis is a big unknown since he hasn't played in a bit that is why I was thinking one of the LB as a wing. Alexandropoulos hopefully gets a run to see how he does.

* Just saw that Tzolis scored twice and had two assists on his debut. It was a cup match but still a good showing. Saw that he is highly rated by his new coach.

Last edited by Brklyngrk; 08-25-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• I think Alexandropoulos has to start at CM. He is miles better than Bouxa. Gianoulis should not be in the team, both Koutris and Tsimikas are enough. I dont want to see 3 left backs on the pitch at the same time again.

Pathetic RB Saliakis was picked above Masouras and Kotsiras.

Comment

Working...
                                X