Spain vs Hellas - Qatar WC Quals 1-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spain vs Hellas - Qatar WC Quals 1-1

Rumours have it VS will play Tzavellas, Bakasetas, Bakakis and the out of form Limnios. No striker.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ethn...s.9181255.html

Spain feeling like this right about now..

I'm also reading reports, where he's starting Limnios, a guy who, to my knowledge, hasn't played a minute this year, over Tsiolis. Again, the revolving door of incompetence of ethniki coaches over the last decade or so, knows no limits!!!!

Comment

The Ethniki lock horns tonight against Spain & looks like John Van't Schip will approach the game with a 4-3-3 formation

Rumoured XI:
      Vlachodimos; Bakakis, Papadopoulos, Tzavellas, Tsimikas; Zeca, Bouchalakis, Androutsos; Limnios, Giakoumakis, Bakasetas

#Greece #Ethniki #ESPGRE

This was from Hellas football on Facebook. It seems as though Bakasetas will play on the wing.

Every time Bakasetas has played on the wing he has been absolutely useless. If this is true then what chance do we have against Spain. It’s also sickening to think that he will be starting over an actual and inform winger in Tzolis.

Tzavellas starting aswell.

From that rumoured starting 11, 5 players deserve to start and that’s Vlachodimos, Papadopoulos, Tsimikas, Androutsos and Giakoumakis. The players in bold shouldn’t even be in the team or even be thought of being put in the team in my opinion.
      Last edited by Dean97; 03-25-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

What formation is he using?? Seems like everyone is out of place...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
          The Ethniki lock horns tonight against Spain & looks like John Van't Schip will approach the game with a 4-3-3 formation

Rumoured XI:
          Vlachodimos; Bakakis, Papadopoulos, Tzavellas, Tsimikas; Zeca, Bouchalakis, Androutsos; Limnios, Giakoumakis, Bakasetas

#Greece #Ethniki #ESPGRE

This was from Hellas football on Facebook. It seems as though Bakasetas will play on the wing.

Every time Bakasetas has played on the wing he has been absolutely useless. If this is true then what chance do we have against Spain. It’s also sickening to think that he will be starting over an actual and inform winger in Tzolis.

Tzavellas starting aswell.

From that rumoured starting 11, 5 players deserve to start and that’s Vlachodimos, Papadopoulos, Tsimikas, Androutsos and Giakoumakis. The players in bold shouldn’t even be in the team or even be thought of being put in the team in my opinion.
          Fucking mad man. Going to embarrass us on 200 years of independence. Fuck this. Inexcusable if that’s what he puts out.

are we really surprised though?

Comment

11:

........................Vlaxo.....................

Bakakis...K.Paps..Tzavella...Tsimika

................Zeka......Bouxa.............

Limnios.......Mandalos.........Masouras

..............Bakasetas..............

Out of form players, out of position players, players with no minutes. Favorites and favours being repaid.
            For my thoughts - Fortounis is currently better than Mandalos, Giakoumakis is a better striker than Bakasetas who should not be in the squad. Tzolis is better and in better form, and with more experience this year than Limnios. To leave Tzolis out the 11 is absurd. Bakakis is just garbage - Masouras should have been called up for this position. Tzavellas is one of the worst CBs in of Greek origin.

Comment

I thought Giakoumakis was starting...

Comment

4-3-3 - with the guys you mentioned, hope he knows what he is doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
                  I thought Giakoumakis was starting...
                  I think you have to accept the concept that VS can do whatever he wants safe in the knowledge he wont get fired. Obviously one of Europe's most inform strikers should have been starting today, but instead he picked a player who rarely scores (2 goals in 33 games) or assists from the Turkish Sunni League - that performed worse in Europe this season than Cypriot League, Bulgarian League, Serbian League, Romanian League etc etc.. Tzolis is probably the most inform Greek player - he too could not get past Limnios - who has been garbage in his last games for the NT and barely played for his club side in over 1 year..

At the beginning of this thread you said 95% of the best players have been selected by VS. What percent of best players do you consider he picked for the 11?

Comment

Tziolis has cooled off a bit in the last few weeks but he is still our best winger on the left side. I am worried about Tzimikas as well, he hasn't played in months!!

Comment

Tziolis has cooled off a bit in the last few weeks but he is still our best winger on the left side. I am worried about Tzimikas as well, he hasn't played in months!!
                      Still looked great last game, bagged an assist and was running the opposition wild. He can't score every game being a winger.

Tsimikas I have not seen play a bad game of football yet. I am far more concerned about Bakasetas, Bakakis, Tzavellas, Limnios, Mandalos - all of which have had bad games for the NT.

Comment

I totally agree with you. Tsimikas may get gassed, but when he plays, he plays well. No striker??? How many subs do get for the qualifiers?

Comment

I totally agree with you. Tsimikas may get gassed, but when he plays, he plays well. No striker??? How many subs do get for the qualifiers?
                          5 subs allowed I believe.

Comment

Everyone is reporting a 4-3-3 but I believe Reapers 4-2-3-1 is more like it, 4-3-3 is not what we wanna play against Spain

Huge overreaction on Tzavellas guys, in saying that, I would have started Mavropanos.

How do you not start Europe's most in form striker in this match is beyond me and what's worse, a slow Bakasetas instead who has one penalty goal for Greece in 30 odd matches?? Tzolis should be there as should Fortounis... despite all this the formation is a real worry for me

Comment

It’s one thing to put this garbage out against Slovenia or Kosovo. Spain is different, I think they beat Germany 6-0 in there last NL game. We should all be literally praying.

Comment

Working...
                              X