Spain vs Hellas - Qatar WC Quals 1-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right that the defensive formation favored Tzavellas but he still got the job done. He is frustrating and would rather him not play but he did his job. Bakakis didn't do bad yesterday, he held his own and ran all game. He was obviously identified as the weak link bc they kept going down his side, but again, he did his job.

What I don't get, if I was Spain, why press that high? I would have let Greece bring the ball up and let them lose it once we got into their side. It would have opened up the game which would have given them plenty of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
      Your right that the defensive formation favored Tzavellas but he still got the job done. He is frustrating and would rather him not play but he did his job. Bakakis didn't do bad yesterday, he held his own and ran all game. He was obviously identified as the weak link bc they kept going down his side, but again, he did his job.

What I don't get, if I was Spain, why press that high? I would have let Greece bring the ball up and let them lose it once we got into their side. It would have opened up the game which would have given them plenty of space.
      I think it was the opposite. I think Spain expected some sort of attack from Greece. In the post game press conference the Spanish journalists insinuated VS has lied about his ambition to attack Spain. I think Spain's failure was not going full attack, especially first half. As for Bakakis he was beaten often on the right - Sport24 discussed it. They hit the bar in a move where the Spanish player breezed past Bakakis on the right like he wasn't even there. I don't remember that happening when Retsos was an RB for Olympiacos and the NT. As I said, I would rather not build my house on sand and defend it by saying, “it didn't fall down today so no need to panic.” I want clean house. I don't want key players that are the reason for the last two qual campaign failures still in the squad.

Comment

Ok so let’s not look at his performance v Spain, more so his past and where he plays... katalava. The point is mute.

Comment

Working...
        X