Next NT Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't have expected miracles from Jimenez, but he is more experienced and has managed at more competitive levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
      I wouldn't have expected miracles from Jimenez, but he is more experienced and has managed at more competitive levels.
      Let's be honest here. It is about damage limitation and building a future base. Jiminez is a very good builder and massive experienced at the highest levels.
      Our squad is paper thin and filled with frauds. The best we can hope for is a manager to weed out the frauds and build something - like Skibbe was unbelievably allowed to.

These inexperienced Skibbe clones will take us backwards.

Comment

Van 't Schip and Skibbe are/were sought after for that very reason. I think the goal is to help bring young Greeks to Borussia Dortmund and Ajax so that they can develop there with a view building a team for Euro 2028, when Greece will likely host the finals.

I think it's a shame that we are allowing this generation to go to waste. Sokratis in particular deserves better.

Comment

This generation has had one of the easiest paths to follow to get to a major tournament and have failed ridiculously bad!!! They have only themselves to blame for what we have had to witness

Sure some things you can blame EPO - imo the weakest EPO ever put together and fiascos like the “training camp” Angelos ran with no organisation what so ever but when a group of pro footballs are finishing last or second last in one easy group after another, the players and generation have themselves to blame

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
            This generation has had one of the easiest paths to follow to get to a major tournament and have failed ridiculously bad!!! They have only themselves to blame for what we have had to witness

Sure some things you can blame EPO - imo the weakest EPO ever put together and fiascos like the “training camp” Angelos ran with no organisation what so ever but when a group of pro footballs are finishing last or second last in one easy group after another, the players and generation have themselves to blame
            I agree Amorgo. These players are good enough to make tournaments. But I do question there passion and toughness. Anyways it’s up to the players to perform. There are no excuses in not beating teams like Estonia and Finland. There must be something toxic going on behind the scenes and the players feel less than what they are I suppose. All we can hope for is to get a decent, strict coach who understands what to do. Even there the EPO have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
              Van 't Schip and Skibbe are/were sought after for that very reason. I think the goal is to help bring young Greeks to Borussia Dortmund and Ajax so that they can develop there with a view building a team for Euro 2028, when Greece will likely host the finals.

I think it's a shame that we are allowing this generation to go to waste. Sokratis in particular deserves better.
              If we are actually building for the future then it should’ve started by now. There are plenty of Greek talented youngsters who can be involved. Androutsos, Tsimikas, Gaitanidis, Lamprou, Mavropanos, Hatzidiakos, Retsos, Donis , Albanis and some of the PAO youth are talented enough. They are our future whether we like or not. We could do without Samaris and Bakasetas for a while. Both haven’t got Greece out of trouble or notably saved us from defeat. Both have been passengers for the most part.

Comment

I disagree with you guys on one point only. When you say the players were good enough to qualify. Tzavellas at CB and Tziolis at CM in any team are not good enough to qualify at any serious level. Stafylidis at LB will leak goals and has done on an industrial scale for the NT.

A half decent coach would have been able to remedy this with average players who don't do as much damage as the 3 above.

Finally, playing players out of position every game - playing new formations every game - this helps you lose too. A decent coach knows continuity trumps an LB on his debut playing at CB.. Van Shit is more of the same failed method.. Grammenos is very confident he kept his job even with the Government change and even with his multitude of failures. It will get worse until he is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  I disagree with you guys on one point only. When you say the players were good enough to qualify. Tzavellas at CB and Tziolis at CM in any team are not good enough to qualify at any serious level. Stafylidis at LB will leak goals and has done on an industrial scale for the NT.

A half decent coach would have been able to remedy this with average players who don't do as much damage as the 3 above.

Finally, playing players out of position every game - playing new formations every game - this helps you lose too. A decent coach knows continuity trumps an LB on his debut playing at CB.. Van Shit is more of the same failed method.. Grammenos is very confident he kept his job even with the Government change and even with his multitude of failures. It will get worse until he is removed.
                  No one is disagreeing with the Tziolis and Tzavellas comment. We all much in agreement that they cause more damage than good to the team. Stafylidis has his positives and negatives. It’s not very crucial that he plays or dosent in my opinion. I believe he can offer more good than bad if used correctly. Everyone sees it different with him I guess.

Our main problem is that we are not utilising players with skill, technique and pace in our line ups. The big task this next coach has in my opinion is to get the best out of players like Pelkas, Bouchalakis, Kourbelis, Mantalos and Donis. Players who are not playing like they do for their clubs. If he can do this than we are getting somewhere as a team. If he can get us playing well with these players.... I know it’s easy to say but i believe this is our problem and also not playing the more talented players.

Comment

Stafylidis could fall under that argument of player who has been misplayed. He really isn't a left-back. It would be like playing David Beckham as a left-back.

Comment

Not really Don, he’s played there all his career, he’s just not that good in defence, especially when he slides in!!

Comment

He positions himself to get raped and does get raped 80% of the time by wingers running past him easily - turning him inside out constantly. He is a total liability.

He looks ok going forward but not as penetrating as Koutris. He is fairly good with dead balls. Media love him however and his agent is clever. He will always make the squad whatever he does as a result.

Comment

Precisely, he should be playing in a different position. Stafylidis is at his best when getting forward at pace on the counter and providing crosses into the box or having a go at goal himself from distance. He can still do that as a wide midfielder. As a left-back, he's too much of a defensive liability.

Comment

Something came across mind and typed in available football managers and a long list came up. There a lot of decent managers available...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik

Comment

Σύμφωνα με δημοσίευμα της εφημερίδας LIVE SPORT, ο νέος πρόεδρος της ΕΠΟ, Θοδωρής Ζαγοράκης, θέλει να φέρει τον Ραζβάν Λουτσέσκου, για να αναλάβει το πόστο του ομοσπονδιακού τεχνικού της Εθνικής Ελλάδας. Η ελληνική Ομοσπονδία έχει, πλέον, νέα διοίκηση και, μέχρι στιγμής, δεν έχει ξεκαθαρίσει τι θα γίνει με τον Τζον Φαν’τ Σχιπ και αν ο […]

Comment

Looks like Poyet might be the next coach. Tzavellas, Bakasetas and Mandalos era continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X