Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelos Anastasiadis sacking thread

https://m.sport24.gr/football/ellada...a.5350046.html

Anastasiadis is very religious and he has old-fashioned values. He is a good coach, but he is not what the Ethinki needs. The team needs Holebas back and needs a coach who can win over players like Mitroglou. If we had Anastasiadis for the Nations League only, had he replaced Skibbe before the loss to Hungary, I'd have been fine with him at the helm because he probably would have secured first place, unlike Skibbe. Tzavellas wouldn't have been on the squad, let alone the field and the outcome of our matches would have been very different. Tzavellas was a big part of the reason we lost our matches.

Comment

That’s a silly article to publish by Sport24.gr

A source in Greece said to me, decause Angelos is a no nonsense type of guy, outside sources will try weed him out. Interesting isn’t it.

Watch this space, could be an good observation to see if people like agents have strong influence

Comment

Seems Basinas (who founded the trend of slow midfielders in Greece) will be Angelos' assistant..

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ella...y.5350891.html

Comment

It's a problem area for us on the pitch. Better Basinas than Tziolis.

Imagine if we had Michel as coach with Cambiasso as his assistant. That'd be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            It's a problem area for us on the pitch. Better Basinas than Tziolis.

Imagine if we had Michel as coach with Cambiasso as his assistant. That'd be something.
            Two Olympiacos men? More chance of Syriza apologising for the Greek civil war than that..

Comment

Seems Angelos has a problem with chops going back to Paolo Sousa when Angelo was coaching the vazeloi. Doesn't bode well for Zeca, lol. I was hoping he'd be a caretaker coach for the final two games, but again epo being epo, concluded cheaper is the way to go for the foreseeable future . As far as basinas is concerned, I agree with you Reap, he was a bit slow , even as dm's go, but when he played for Mallorca in the latter part of his career, he actually improved his touch on the ball and actually speeded up his tempo by linking up with his fellow mids and strikers faster than even in his prime with the vazeloi. But when he played for the nt, especially the latter part of his career, he was tragic, AND TO HIS EVERLASTING CREDIT AND MY RESPECT FOR HIM, when Otto called him up he TURNED IT DOWN AND BASICALLY RETIRED FROM THE NT, stating that the nt at the time needed to bleed in the younger lads, something Kats, Karagounis and in the present Tziolis and Tzavellas refused to do, to the eventual detriment of the ethniki .

Comment

Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post

Seems Angelos has a problem with chops going back to Paolo Sousa when Angelo was coaching the vazeloi. Doesn't bode well for Zeca, lol. I was hoping he'd be a caretaker coach for the final two games, but again epo being epo, concluded cheaper is the way to go for the foreseeable future . As far as basinas is concerned, I agree with you Reap, he was a bit slow , even as dm's go, but when he played for Mallorca in the latter part of his career, he actually improved his touch on the ball and actually speeded up his tempo by linking up with his fellow mids and strikers faster than even in his prime with the vazeloi. But when he played for the nt, especially the latter part of his career, he was tragic, AND TO HIS EVERLASTING CREDIT AND MY RESPECT FOR HIM, when Otto called him up he TURNED IT DOWN AND BASICALLY RETIRED FROM THE NT, stating that the nt at the time needed to bleed in the younger lads, something Kats, Karagounis and in the present Tziolis and Tzavellas refused to do, to the eventual detriment of the ethniki .
                Excellent points. I completely forgot about how graciously bowed out. And I had also forgotten how he had to speed up at Mallorca.

So on reflection, Basinas should be a welcome addition in certain aspects. He also seems slightly detached from the karagounis, Katsouranis love in and media profile.

Comment

https://m.sport24.gr/Columns/Charlie...o.5352463.html

Positive news everyone...

Anastasiadis is looking for an overhaul and wants to include players from Euro 2004 in his coaching staff...

Also he said that he wants Galanopoulos and Vlachodimos in his plans and that he has said positive words about the PAO players. He even wants Tzavellas, Tziolis and Karnezis out of the team!

He will be also working closely with Nikopolidis which is also good news.

Things are looking good again hopefully this all comes to fruition.
                  Last edited by Dean97; 11-03-2018, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think Basinas left the NT graciously. Rehhagel just stopped calling him up. The only player I know who left despite Rehhagel's pleas was Zagorakis.

Karnezis I think won't be a starter anymore, but he will still be on the team. He's now a back-up at Napoli, so it makes sense. Tzavellas is finished. No doubt there. He will not get called up again. Tziolis I suspect will still get call-ups and for the most part watch from the bench.

I like Anastasiadis for these next two matches, but when Euro 2020 qualifying begins I'd rather see him take up a different role with the national team as technical director and I'd sweeten that deal by offering him a chance to stay on board in that capacity for the 2022 World Cup. Should we need to fire the coach, he could easily step in.

Comment

Another article recently saying that Karnezis, Tziolis and Tzavellas won’t be called up.

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport...20181016-8ygrj

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                        Another article recently saying that Karnezis, Tziolis and Tzavellas won’t be called up.

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport...20181016-8ygrj
                        Hope you are right Dean.

Comment

Geez, really, Samaris Angelle ... But bravo for Vlaho, kid deserved a call-up.
                          GREEK NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM: Following clearance from FIFA, Benfica confirmed that goalkeeper Odysseas Vlachodimos has been summoned to the Greek national team, while teammate Andreas Samaris joins him for the upcoming UEFA Nations League fixtures.

Comment

Better Samaris than Tziolis.

The next two games are close to pointless, so we aren't constraint to experiment. Let's hope Anastasiadis plays three at the back. That's the biggest change we need to make.

Comment

I have to agree, I’d rather Samaris than Tziolis

I just can’t believe our striker situation... Koulouris 2nd best thing we got at the moment... never seen anything like it before me

Comment

Working...
                              X