Future talents not yet capped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post

Do you think Galanopoulos should be called up? He was wanted by few European big clubs and after his goal against Xanthi, people saw him moving somewhere else at the winter transfer window. But, he got injured end ended up staying for a little more. He also scored a goal for the NT against Bosnia in the 2-1 victory.
    Not blown away by Gala - for me he is not technical enough. He went on a good run at AEK and did well there when he was a starter. However he has never really impressed me.

Despite that, I don't rate him. He may be very athletic, but he isn't creative enough. There are better players for the CM role. I believe Vasiliadis, who plays in Germany should get a chance. Boucha is class as well, while Charisis is an interesting prospect. What do you think about the CM role?
    Bouxa is exceptionally one dimensional as is Kourbelis. I would say CM has been one of the biggest problems for the Greek NT. No dynamism. The last few years we have conceded the midfield almost from the first whistle. I would give Vasiliadis 2 or 3 games as a starting CM just to see what he has. If Hellas can find a half decent CM - a player who is at least a 7/10 - the team has massive potential - as long as Staf is removed from the 11.

Comment

I was hoping Tachtsidis would show some value in Series A. He has settle himself soon or he's done. Van't Schip said Samaris is still an option, but I think he's a center-half, not a proper central midfielder. There's a lack of quality in CM. Realistically, we're waiting on one of German-born players, Kioumourtzoglou or Vassiliadis, to come good.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
        I was hoping Tachtsidis would show some value in Series A. He has settle himself soon or he's done. Van't Schip said Samaris is still an option, but I think he's a center-half, not a proper central midfielder. There's a lack of quality in CM. Realistically, we're waiting on one of German-born players, Kioumourtzoglou or Vassiliadis, to come good.
        It’s true we don’t have enough quality and depth at CM. I also we think we fail to strike when the iron is hot. What I mean is that when a young player is doing well I n the Greek league and they have been inform for atleast 3 months, the national team fails to introduce them into the team. For example at one stage at PAOK Charisis was playing very well, scored a goal here and there and all round play he was good. He was 19 or 20 at the time and Greece should’ve capped him. Same with Androutsos. His debut season he was on very good. Playing mostly as a box to box. He was put on the wings which were a mistake. We should be striking when the iron is hot in my opinion. Now both players are at Atromitos and they should be tearing it up but they are not.

As JVS has said Samaris is someone who sits in front of the defence. He isn’t a box to box player. He has great passes and can hit a great ball from 40metres. He is open to bringing him back. I think we are desperate to have CMs that’s why JVS has called up Vasiliadis and is looking to call up Kiomourtzoglou. But Vasiliadis is more of a traditional 8 and Kiomourtzoglou is a 6. We need more 8s. I’m not sold on Bouchalakis. Kourbelis I think is useful if we want a more physical type player in there who has lots of stamina. But he aswell is not a player to change a game and he isn’t creative enough.

Most of our midfielders are either 6s or 10s. We need someone in the middle who can do it all. We need a dynamic 8 like Reaper has said. Maybe Mantalos can be that 8. Or Vasiliadis.

Tachtsidis seems to be working hard. I’ve seen his Instagram and it seems he is motivated. He would’ve been a perfect 8 if he was faster and more agile. He is too heavy so I think DM is his position.

Comment

Here are the players the EPO are still trying to get:

Odisseas Velanas - 21 plays for Utrecht. He is a CM and has been described as a technical player than can transition well from defence to attack.

Leonidas Stergiou - 18 plays for St Gallen. He is a CB and has started all games in the 1st division in Switzerland. Will probably play for the u19s or u21s for now.

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou - 21, plays for Hercules. A CDM has recently played for Germany u21s. I think he has potential to be great. We’ll see.

Alexandros Bazdrigiannis - 18, plays for Bayern youth side. He has been described as a gifted winger who can play all across the forward line. He can also play for the u19s.

George (Giorgos) Baldock - 26, RB as we all know. Has been playing well for a very good Sheffield team that are currently 6th in the EPL. Would add some much needed quality at RB.

Christian (Christos) Vassilakis - 18, is a ST who plays for Real Madrid youth side. He’s very quick and can finish. Would like to see him for the u19s and possibly in the men’s side in the future.

Most of these players are for the future. It’s best we get these players to secure ourselves for the future. We could easily line up like this in 3-4 years...

Vlachodimos

Baldock Stergiou Hatzidiakos Tsimikas

Vasiliadis Velanas

Limnios Bouzoukis Bazdrigiannis

Vassilakis

Subs- Kiomourtzoglou, Kampetsis, Chatzigiovannis, Retsos, Koutris, Mandas, Pavlidis, Androutsos, Mavropanos

This could be the line up for the next World Cup...

Comment

We need far more friendlies to give these players minutes.

Comment

100%. Would also like to see the Greek league have B teams in there otherwise they should give youth more chances in the top flight...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                100%. Would also like to see the Greek league have B teams in there otherwise they should give youth more chances in the top flight...
                There are few (undeveloped) youth leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  We need far more friendlies to give these players minutes.
                  True, we have only played one friendly in nearly 2 years.

Comment

We might have a future star on our hands...

17 year old Christos Zafeiris is one to watch. He plays his football in the Norwegian second division team. He is a CM and a very a good one. From the highlights I’ve seen of him he is very good. He has Norwegian citizenship but was born in Greece. Hopefully someone is looking at him. Another advantage is that he plays men’s football.

Watch this...

https://youtu.be/Nfaq0cFYfiw

https://youtu.be/lZU3kXtphLo

Comment

Apparently Zafeiris trialled with Lampard’s Chelsea back in December of 2019... this tells you that there is a bright future with this promising player. He has played with Greece u17 once I think. He is currently a Norwegian international...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....hdznllnxcu7lev

Comment

BIG NEWS

​​​​​​#PremierLeague defender George Baldock voiced his desire to play for the Greek national team over the weekend stating, “I’d love to play international football, it would be a proud moment for my family and for myself to represent Greece.” Baldock would be a great addition at RB.

Comment

We need a right-back capable of competing at a strong level. Beyond Bakakis, there's really no one else worthy of consideration, but having Baldock will make a difference. Vagiannidis is another I hope who gets there and may do that very soon.

Comment

Retsos looked solid at RB.

Comment

Both he and Baldock were at Sheffield, but only Baldock played. The fact Retsos didn't get any chances doesn't necessarily mean he was less capable, but Sheffield had a good thing going and that left Retsos the odd man out. I think at Sheffield they saw Retsos more as a CB.

The EPL is a more difficult and more competitive league than anything Bakakis is accustomed to, but he has yet to put a wrong foot under van't Schip, a credit to both the player and manager. Van't Schip may maintain his preference for Bakakis for a bit longer.

I think our highest hopes lay with Vagiannidis, but he needs time still. Maybe someone else from the youth categories or outside Greece may yet emerge. Van't Schip knows how to spot talent, so he may surprise us.

We have been lucky for a long time to have had a string of players like Borbokis, Apostolakis, Mavrogenidis, Patsazoglou, Seitaridis, and Torosidis. For almost 30 years, this area has a been a strong point for us. Right now, at least for the moment, there is a dearth of options at right-back.

Comment

I don’t know if anyone knows but on transfer market it says that Cristian Vassilakis has Spanish and Greek citizenship... hopefully he plays for our youth side soon at least...

​​​​​​https://www.transfermarkt.com/christ...spieler/609573

Comment

Working...
                                X