Future talents not yet capped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
    This is a good article explaining our future talent...
    https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/201...ng_12.html?m=1
    They have a bright future ahead of them....just need to develop a good character, train hard on the field and off, become the best professional as possible.

Comment

From tonight's under 21 qual:

6'1 - spent all his time in Germany, strong fucker..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangelis_Pavlidis

Comment

Haven’t seen much of him. Hopefully he surpasses Mitroglou.
        Last edited by Dean97; 06-19-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Pavlidis and Vrousaj, alongside Swedish up-and-comer Isak, have done well in the Netherlands; however, with Isak having left for Real Sociedad, it's difficult to say they will continue to make the progress they have so far shown. Kampetsis too spent time with Borussia Dortmund II much like Pavlidis. He scored a classy finish past Levadiakos this past season.

I'm surprised UEFA has already started the u21 qualification for the 2021 finals because the current 2019 finals are still being played in Italy!

In any case, we've been paired with Croatia again. Their star striker, Brekalo, will be eligible for the next finals. Also Nikopolidis has left and Goumas has been hired to fill the void.

Comment

What are your thoughts on Bouzoukis Don? Has he got the potential to surpass everyone in his age group? (Androutsos, Galanopoulos, Lamprou etc. I believe he would be great for us in the national team whenever he gets the chance.

Comment

I think if Bouzoukis can get out of Greece like Pelkas and Fortounis did for at least a season, it will broaden his horizon. Portugal would be ideal for him.

Comment

Does anyone know what’s happening with Christian Vassilakis? Apparently EPO have been trying for months and months to get him involved in the u19s.

Also German-Greek Sebastian Vasiliadis is doing well for Paderborn and was a big part in getting them promoted. He is a CM. Haven’t seen him play. There were talks in the press conference where the interviewer talked about him and also Vant Schip said he knows about him. He has 1 assist so far in the Bundesliga.

Also so I think we should be looking at players are doing well abroad who have Greek heritage. Especially players playing in the top leagues of Europe. More preferably for the senior national team.
                Last edited by Dean97; 09-08-2019, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Not a future talent but Kosmas Tsilianidis scored twice today for OFI. 3rd league goal of the season plus an assist. He has not been capped.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                    Not a future talent but Kosmas Tsilianidis scored twice today for OFI. 3rd league goal of the season plus an assist. He has not been capped.
                    Always liked him. Let’s see if JVS keeps his word about players who standout will get called up. That’s what should’ve been done all this time.

Comment

He's in good form. Let's see if he can keep it up. I think he and Manos would need to push OFI into European places or at least they would need to make a move in the winter to a club competing at higher levels to be properly considered for a call-up any time soon.

Comment

Another RB:

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...h.5644887.html

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                          Saw him in the U-19 game against oly. Really good going forward. Needs to cut down on the mistakes. I'm hoping we can keep him at pao but for that to happen, we have to guarantee him some time next season. I'd imagine he'd want to go abroad. Off-course if we extend johansson and keep apostolakis, there's extra incentive to do so.

Comment

Is Apostolakis even good enough? I saw him once wasn’t that impressive. Not sure what’s so good about him.

This Vagiannidis guy must have some sort of talent. Which brings me to why he hasn’t played for the 1st team yet?

Comment

I've seen Apostolakis a few times, not much there.

The locals have been talking up Vagiannidis for some time now. The coaches have their reasons as to why he hasn't featured, even in cup games. Perhaps because he hasn't committed to the club?

We have a left back called Vasilis Zagaritis who did quite well in pre-season. Insua's back up though is chatzitheodoridis who obviously has more experience but IMO, we're wasting our time with him.

Here's a video of another kid, Athanasakopoulos, who pao fans are most excited about. Didn't do much in the game against oly.

https://vimeo.com/246121474

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                                I've seen Apostolakis a few times, not much there.
                                Agree, i haven't been impressed by him in the matches he has played, though the media seems to wax lyrical about his performances - the surname may play a part.

Originally posted by Val View Post
                                We have a left back called Vasilis Zagaritis who did quite well in pre-season. Insua's back up though is chatzitheodoridis who obviously has more experience but IMO, we're wasting our time with him.
                                In terms of zagaritis though appearing to have potential - he will fall away just like every other wing back we have produced in over a decade, I actually cant think of any pao youth in those positions that made the cut for the first team, or anywhere else of recent - if my memory serves me right our last backs that played in the GSL would have been zaradoukas/giannis stathis albeit for mediocre sides.

As for Chatzitheo - i think he as the potential to cement a spot as our wing back post Insua - to be fair to him he has been utilised more often than not in the midfield by Donis - which doesn't help a young player to acclimatise both defensively and positionally. He's tenacious, has pace and has good delivery into the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X