EPO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    If Armenia can hold Italy for 80 minutes 1-1 and at a man down, then I think Greece can do one better. It wasn't too long ago we nearly beat Belgium away from home, thanks to Mitroglou and Tachtsidis, two players we need back in the team. It comes down to motivation and playing the kind of players who compete at the highest levels still.

I also think Italy's players also consider their job done, that's this game is dead rubber, and that they'll underestimate us after winning so easily in Greece. Their recent form suggests this much, hence the reason for the labored wins against Armenia and Finland. They're also without their talisman, Chiellini, whose experience and leadership is already missed. And then there's history. We lost 5-1 to Finland only to hold an England side that beat Germany 5-1 in Munich to a draw.
    Armenia beat us 3-2 at home...

Comment

Van't Schip has shown we can get our acts together at the back. Over the past two games, chances came at a premium. I don't think Armenia would have scored three times if we were as organized as we have been the past two games.

Comment

EPO taking out loans but as it is not transparent, where is the money going? Olympiacos spokesman highlights the ridiculousness of the chaos. This statement is absolutely damning. Something tells me if the EPO is forced one day to go transparent like all other normal FAs - we will suddenly not be seeing 4 LBs in an NT squad..

https://www.sport24.gr/sport24radio/...a.5642024.html

Comment

I've given up hope on Grammenos. Something is not right with him and my impression is he's front man or simply not competent enough to run the show.

Comment

Would be really helpful if AEK and PAO backed PAOK and OSFP in calling for the EPO to be transparent. Would be helpful if the media too made more of a stink about it. We have one of the only non transparent FA's on earth.

Comment

I remember aek66 raised a lot of great points on the shady ways things were done with the FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                I remember aek66 raised a lot of great points on the shady ways things were done with the FA.
                I miss the dude. A bit of a Exetleos figure perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  Would be really helpful if AEK and PAO backed PAOK and OSFP in calling for the EPO to be transparent. Would be helpful if the media too made more of a stink about it. We have one of the only non transparent FA's on earth.
                  The media ?? lol Please have you seen the press conferences - as soon as you ask a challenging question you get your access revoked or the press officer wont let you ask you question. So instead they stack the room with yes men...This is at both club and NT level

Comment

Olympiacos continues to try and get the EPO to become transparent with their finances - alone. No other club helping..

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podos...in-epo/4024458

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                      Olympiacos continues to try and get the EPO to become transparent with their finances - alone. No other club helping..

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podos...in-epo/4024458
                      What does this mean now? Is EPO going to get caught for all their corruption and mishandling of their expenses?

I hope things change for the better and we don’t see 4 LBs in the squad lol...

Comment

Well, the EPO is barred from receiving certain funding from around the world because they are not a financially transparent organisation. Therefore Greece is losing free money for young players, stadiums, infrastructure - simply because the EPO doesn't want its finances transparent.

You can understand why Olympiacos wants them to become transparent, what it more baffling is why the other Greek clubs don't have an opinion on the matter.

Comment

I just read a post on Instagram from ellas national. It said that some people from the EPO don’t like that JVS is trying to have the first and last say on the team. The post goes on to say that the EPO shouldn’t be choosing the team and that the coach should have the first and last say. It said also said “look at what happened in the last 5 years when the EPO chose the team” Total disaster. It also says EPO shouldn’t be choosing the squad the coach should be. JVS wants to do what Santos and Rehaggel did and take full control of the team and play players who can actually play. Look at what they did in the past.

It goes on to say that if the EPO doesn’t like the team winning because they would rather play certain players of their choosing instead. JVS has stated that he doesn’t want anyone above his head and that he should take control of the selections. It ends saying maybe we should be afraid of what EPO is doing and not the coach.

I don’t know what source it came from but after reading this from a Greek post I say that the EPO are a disgrace and they should let the coach do what he wants for the team. How can EPO be angry at JVS. He has been winning lately and has implemented his style of play and has effectively worked for the team. Does this mean if JVS takes full control then we don’t see players like Bakasetas, Bakakis and Stafylidis in team? JVS should have full control and EPO should not be involved. I hope someone from the outside investigates into what the EPO are actually doing. It seems like they have sabotaged the team for too long.
                          Last edited by Dean97; 12-01-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                            Does this mean if JVS takes full control then we don’t see players like Bakasetas, Bakakis and Stafylidis in team?
                            For crying out loud!!!! Bakasetas and Bakakis have helped us play better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                              For crying out loud!!!! Bakasetas and Bakakis have helped us play better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Don’t you want the best possible for this team? They’ve played well because of the coach. They are average players at best (Bakakis and Bakasetas) and that’s being nice. Fortounis is by far a better option and so is Mantalos. I’d even put Pelkas and Bouzoukis ahead of Bakasetas.

Bakakis is lucky that there isn’t much competition at RB but if G.Masouras continues his good form he should be looked at. At least for depth. We are playing better because our more naturally talented youth are proving how good they are. (Hatzidiakos and Limnios) Sure Bakakis and Bakasetas have improved slightly and you could also say that our youth helped them and the team. We are playing the best football at the moment.

It’s great that we are winning and I am very grateful and happy but I just want the best possible players out there and I don’t believe we will go far with Bakakis and Bakasetas. I have a feeling JVS doesn’t want them. We don’t know what’s going on in his head but when he was telling Bakakis to pass forward and not back then you know that Bakakis isn’t really a solid option. The post above says a lot and if JVS gets full control then we can see even better things.

The EPO have sabotaged this team for many years. It’s time for the coach to take full control.

Comment

I think one of the most transformative aspects of why we have played better the last few games is that the games are not competitive. Once we play competitive games - there wont be so much time on the ball and you will very quickly see which players stand up and which players disappear like they did the last 3 failed qualifying campaigns.

Football consists of very fine margins. JVS almost cost us our last game by putting Staf at CB. In a competitive game against a good opponent, we wont get a second chances as the last 3 failed qualifying campaigns have taught us.

Comment

Working...
                                X