The John van't Schip replacement thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat me too it Amorge.

Not happy at his name being thrown the ring. Cheap option once again.

Comment

• I keep thinking back to Michel but I very much doubt he is on any radar

Comment

• I just want someone to come in and play our best players and players with talent. Someone who will play attacking football when you can and reward players that deserve to be rewarded. That’s all we can ask for. I don’t think bringing back Siovas, Sokratis and Manolas is the answer anymore. They are getting old. It would’ve been ok if they were playing now and playing in the World Cup but we are not going to the World Cup. Our aim now is the next Euros.

We need our next generation to start getting the experience they need like Mavropanos, Retsos and so on so we can be ready for the next major tournament.
        Last edited by Dean97; 09-07-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• EPO aiming low with the usual trash.. Dellas, Ouzounidis and Donis all being mentioned..

Valverde is looking for a job to ease himself back into football I hear.. what we need is a Slaven Bilić to whip these kids into shape.
          Οι Γιώργος Δώνης, Τραϊανός Δέλλας και Μαρίνος Ουζουνίδης «παίζουν» για τον πάγκο της Εθνικής, σε περίπτωση που ολοκληρωθεί η συνεργασία με τον Τζον Φαν'τ Σιπ. Ποια τα δεδομένα, τι... παίζει με ξένο προπονητή.

Comment

• We should’ve got Bielsa. I remember him being linked. Michel would be great. I just hope we move on and get rid of Bakasetas and Bakakis type players from the team.

Comment

• Bielsa football with these players? C'mon man.

Dellas is not a coach.

Ouzo ran out of ideas at Pao but to be fair, management never supported him. Still very average.

Donis thinks he's better than what he is.

There aren't any good Greek managers like Kyrastas, god rest his soul but ultimately you can't do much with this group. Sergio Markarian couldn't do anything either.

It'll be hilarious if they get Gattuso. His time at OFI was can't miss TV lol.

Comment

• I would love Gattuso - just to watch him go at the players.

On a positive note, rumours are that loons who made VS manager will also follow him out the door; namely Fyssas, Winter and Konstantinidis.

Comment

• Haha Gattuso would be funny…

We have stop getting cheap coaches and pay the money for a real coach and give him time..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                    Haha Gattuso would be funny…

We have stop getting cheap coaches and pay the money for a real coach and give him time..
                    Problem is, no money, no motivation.. that is why it will probably be another VS or a Greek coach.. summed up well here:

Η ΕΠΟ της «εξυγίανσης» κατάφερε η Εθνική Ελλάδας να βγάζει μία εικόνα διάλυσης. Πως θα… δελεάσει νέο προπονητή, να αναλάβει;

Comment

• I had a thought and I was just thinking, what if Bakasetas still gets selected under the new coach? Will this happen? Or will he leave and some others once JVS leaves?

I hope we don’t see Bakasetas again in a Greece jersey…

Comment

• He and Tzavellas, Zeca, Kourbelis, Bouxa etc will all still be there as will the EPO and Greek media who adores them. The coach will have a battle to drop them but I doubt a Greek coach will drop them anyway. Greeks believe Tzabouka wins games. Otto gave a telling interview today, he stated it was the quality of the 2004 squad that win the tournament, not passion, fight etc etc. If a Greek coach is brave enough to drop them, there will immediately be questions in Sport24, SportFM and Sportime asking why he dropped them. Despite all these players being garbage, the Greek media believes in them. Bakasetas has got more plaudits lately than another player since Zagorakis himself.

Comment

• I go to Greek sports websites and I hardly see any favouritism from the media shown towards those players you have mentioned. I don’t know where it’s coming from. Your going to have to help me with this. All I know is that these guys are not real footballers. What’s going to happen if a coach comes in and drops all of them? WW3?

Why not give it a go? It hasn’t helped the team with them being there. I keep saying to myself we have talent but are not using the right players. I’ve said this since I’ve followed the team. Otto had players playing in champions league and he chose players from Oly, PAO and AEK and players abroad. Hard work and passion is needed no matter if your team is talented or not but talent is needed for sure and those players you mentioned haven’t go it. Most of them are from that u19 team that played Spain in 2012 I believe. Stafylidis, Mavrias, Bakasetas, Bouchalakis, Kourbelis, Diamantakos and Katidis.

I know agents play a big role but will we ever return to a major tournament again? How long do we have to wait before we do?

Comment

• JVS speaking facts for the 1st time, hard to argue with his tweet. Without being a xenophobe that statistic is an absolute disgrace to the Greek league.

Click image for larger version

Name:	John Tweet.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	15327

Comment

• It's a very valid point, its been bad for some time but some of the line ups in round 1 were disgraceful. Between Aris and PAOK not 1 Greek player starting!

Comment

• I completely agree, that's why I have lost total interest in following the gsl, unless there's a greek player that's on my radar. When you have, imo, talent wise, one of the few young talented greeks like Lazaros Lambrou, getting loaned to ofh from paok (one of the big five), you know the talent pool is in trouble. Just a few short years ago, he had 7 goals in eredivisie on loan from paok. He was on a great trajectory, then goes back to paok and the rest is history.

So I completely agree with Jvs, very obvious and a very necessary point to make... Btw, I still want him gone from the ethniki
                                Last edited by LoneHorseman; 09-14-2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X