The John van't Schip replacement thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He technically resigned....He realized that they were taking too long and it was inevitable that he would be let go. They need to hire a good coach, only way the EPO can be taken seriously.

Comment

• EPO offered him a new contract, 30% paycut and no compensation for getting fired so he resigned.

Comment

• I just hope with JVS gone, we can bring in someone credible and start playing our best and most talented players. We do have the players to get to a tournament. We need someone like Otto to take over the team and I’m hoping it’s Valverde.

Comment

• 500k base plus 50k per qual victory would be a decent contract to snag Valverde.

Comment

• EPO President Panayiotis Dimitriou interview on OPEN TV regarding the Ethniki:

• JVS failed in his objectives
            • There was no contact with JVS prior to his Instagram post
            • The next Ethniki coach will be a foreigner
            • His ardent desire is Fernando Santos

Comment

• Santos is a step backwards I think. He should be speaking to Vaverde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                Santos is a step backwards I think. He should be speaking to Vaverde.
                Yeah I agree, Valverde should be the only option, he’s the best free agent out there at the moment. If we want to go to another tournament then Valverde is the best option right now. If we get another JVS/Skibbe type then we will get nowhere.

Comment

• IMO Santos is a massive step backward--the only reason he's even being considered is because there's no language barrier and because Portugal won Euro 2016 through a fluke. Anybody remembering Santos as some kind of saint should remember we only failed upwards in spite of his shitty reading of the game, not because of it.

Individual talents in the right time and place have given him a better CV than he deserves. If Senol Gunes wasn't almost 70 I'd say hire him. He did a good job coaching Trabzonspor and more recently Besiktas, not to mention he's had some success with the Turkish national team. But hiring a Turk as your Greek manager is too much for people to take.

Comment

Working...
                  X