X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-0

Terrible keeping by Paschalakis.

Comment

Bakasetas the worst player to put on a Greek NT jersey.

Comment

Gianoulis on for Bouxa.

Finally, Van Shit completes the tragedy. 2 LBs on the pitch for Hellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
          Gianoulis on for Bouxa.

That sub doesn’t make sense at all.

Comment

Gianoulis on for Bouxa.

Why oh why... who not give Galanopoulos a taste of his position!!

Comment

Full time 2-0.

Van Shit is clueless. His selections. His choice of captain. His tactics. His substitutions. Pathetic all round.

Another Grammenos salad..

Comment

The positives were that we played well defensively. The penalty that Bouchalakis gave away was disappointing. Paschalakis looked like he was going to save it. Stafylidis did well today. Bakakis is a real problem. I thought Siovas and Hatzidiakos did well together.

Zeca ran all game. The hardest working player in the team. Koulouris should have scored. Donis was a bit too selfish when he came on. Needs to play with his teammates more. Limnios played good. Kourbelis did ok for what it’s worth.

We sabotaged ourselves from the start by playing Paschalakis and Bakasetas. I don’t understand how Bakasetas gets to play 85 minutes and Fetfatzidis sees no game time. Bakasetas again is the worst player to ever put on a NT jersey. How he missed right in front I’ll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                  I don’t understand how Bakasetas gets to play 85 minutes and Fetfatzidis sees no game time.
                  Although Fetfa is in high form and has been excellent in training all week.. he was slightly late to attend a team meeting today so Van Shit dropped him as a punishment and to remind the confidence player that he will always be made an example of if he gets too confident..

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podos...tzidis/4015612

Comment

Although Fetfa is in high form and has been excellent in training all week.. he was slightly late to attend a team meeting today so Van Shit dropped him as a punishment and to remind the confidence player that he will always be made an example of if he gets too confident..

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podos...tzidis/4015612
                    Could’ve been a massive difference. Instead Bakashitas had to play..

Comment

Reaper I am surprised with your reaction, you were in high praise of Xanthi vs PAO, didn’t Greece execute the same plan and could have had 2-3 goals like you said Xanthi could?

I thought it was an improved performance, we were very good in defence and it’s a good step to better days. What could have been of Koulouris puts us up 0-1.

Limnios was our man and boy was he impressive.

The Bouchalakis- Kourbelis combo has no go forward and this kills our game. I was not impressed with long balls back to Italy time and time again. Mantalos & Donis needed to play more.

Dropping Fetfa is another message that you need 100% commitment

Comment

I also thought Stafylidis did better today defensively than most other times. Bakakis is too shaky, he shouldn’t be playing. Bakakis and Bakasetas are not good enough for this level it’s that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                          Reaper I am surprised with your reaction, you were in high praise of Xanthi vs PAO, didn’t Greece execute the same plan and could have had 2-3 goals like you said Xanthi could?

I thought it was an improved performance, we were very good in defence and it’s a good step to better days. What could have been of Koulouris puts us up 0-1.

Limnios was our man and boy was he impressive.

The Bouchalakis- Kourbelis combo has no go forward and this kills our game. I was not impressed with long balls back to Italy time and time again. Mantalos & Donis needed to play more.

Dropping Fetfa is another message that you need 100% commitment
                          I agree with this post. We have improved a lot defensively. But we still have problems in attack. Limnios did great and set up Koulouris well for a chance the score to be 0-1. Koulouris should’ve done better. I liked how we pressed and hustled today and Zeca is a champion. Kourbelis also did well to protect the defence. I’m think he should be the number 6 from now on. Bouchalakis played ok but we need more from him.

Zeca ran his heart out and never stopped pressing and dropping back. The commentators were very impressed with his work rate. They were also impressed with Limnios. We also looked very positive as a team. I liked how organised we were and how focused we were defensively. We need this to continue in the same manner.

Fetfatzidis could’ve made the difference today. He should’ve played in place of Bakasetas. Or at least come on around the 60th. I want this manager to stay on because he needs the time to rebuild the team. Hopefully he understands Bakasetas doesn’t cut it and drops him for someone else next game.

We could made more out of our attack if we played someone more technical in Bakasetas position. Bakasetas did show determination but wasn’t good enough especially when he has the ball at his feet. He just isn’t good enough for this level.

Comment

To be fair to Paschalakis, the 2nd goal took a deflection off Giannoulis. He was positioned well initially, but the deflection put it beyond him. With Greece playing so deep, Italy were bound to score goals like this. Given our selections, we lacked the confidence to play higher up. With Sokratis and Manolas, we wouldn't have sat back so deep so much. In fact, against Liechtenstein they were guilty of playing too high.

Another reason we played so deep was Bakasetas. This was one of the reasons we played so many long balls and why Koulouris dropped back so often. It's also a reason why Stafylidis didn't get forward more because he didn't have anyone to really combine with up top. Van't Schip said he was pleased with Bakasetas because he dropped back and offered support, but at the same time Van't Schip was dismayed that Koulouris dropped back and Stafylidis didn't get forward enough. The problem there was partly Bakasetas, but either Van't Schip didn't care to admit it or hasn't grasped that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                              Nothing wrong playing on the break but I don't remember Xanthi going full retard and having 2 LBs on the pitch from the 60th.

I think we were sabotaged by a poor selection again. Some played well others predictably didn't. I think the selection of Paschalakis said it all. Summed up well here.

https://m.sport24.gr/Columns/Charlie...h.5616956.html

Comment

I don't think Paschalakis was the big problem, but his selection is odd given that he was initially not part of the squad, until Barkas' injury, and that he's no longer considered the number one at PAOK. There doesn't seem much point in playing him.

We lack quality in certain areas (the wing-backs are a glaring example), but also chemistry and experience. For example, Limnios had a shot rebounded back to him that would have been a better taken opportunity if he knew to play a pass to the onrushing Bakasetas. His shots should also at least have been placed across the goal, not near post like he attempted on both the initial and rebounded efforts. Supposing there was a rebound, Bakasetas and Koulouris would have been on hand to score.

Also Van't Schip still has a lot of work to do to figure out what options he has at his disposal and how best to play them. He looked very uncertain in the build up to the game and he was playing with a lot of different ideas; a 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1 and finally he settled on the 4-3-1-2. This was the system and tactics Fernando Santos intended to use with Greece at the 2014 World Cup. Santos expected Italy to top their group and for us to finish second place, meaning we would play them in the round of the last 16. Kone became our ace in the hole. Earlier that season with Bologna he played as a CAM who shadowed Pirlo all game, effectively man-marked him and made it difficult for him to dictate Juventus' approach to Bologna. Bakasetas appeared to play a similar role last night and although Van't Schip said he was pleased with him, but I think there were issues evident in his limitations.

Comment

Working...
                                X