ECQ Italy vs Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECQ Italy vs Greece

Well this is it, much anticipated game given the amount of change in the squad and first time with no Manolas and Sokratis and considering we cant have Fortounis too, we are without our best three players against an in form Italy so we are really up against it and hope this new patch of players put a super spirited performance and who knows.

I hope to see Donis, Mantalos and Fetfatzidis in the 11 as I think they can compliment each other well our wide and in the middle

It’s up to them now. This is their chance to step up or step aside. This is a big task for sure. I wonder who the CBs will be? Somethings telling me we will see Bouchalakis and Kourbelis in the midfield. I hope to see Galanopoulos at some point in the next 2 matches I’ve yet to see a proper match with him and I’m interested to see how he does.

Comment

Barkas out for weeks so must be Vlacho to start.

Comment

3-0 Italy. Not expecting any improvement whatsoever.

Comment

The loss of Chiellini has left Italy looking shakier at he back and they've been conceding lately. I do agree we'll lose and that we'll concede at least two goals. Mancini has declared that his final 23 for Euro 2020 has been more or less decided, so the lack of competition for places won't motivate Italy to play hard. Also with the risk of injury, I see Italy taking it a little more lightly this time. Italy does have enough quality to make us pay.

This is a big game for Vlachodimos. A good performance here will win him back his starting place. Siovas and Stafylidis struggled badly the last time we played Italy, so those two have to do better this time, should they play, if they're to have any serious future with Greece. Koulouris, Donis and Fetfatzidis really need to offer us a goal threat. If they don't score, fine, but at least offer the threat. A lack of service or support isn't an excuse. They need to make things happen despite the team's limitations. As for a lot of younger players or new faces, I don't think we can use this game to judge them too harshly. They need to show some glimpses of their worth and learn from the experience. If they make mistakes, so be it.

Comment

It looks like Bernadeschi and Jorginho will start for Italy. Had Sensi not been injured, Barella would likely have started. They may play more of a 4-2-3-1 in the case, meaning they'll have four attackers to challenge our back four, with Bernadeschi slotting behind Belotti as a CAM or SS. He will be motivated to produce something because it's unlikely that Bernadeschi will start for Italy come Euro 2020 and he's becoming something of a bit time player for Juventus.

Van't Schip is playing with the idea of a 4-4-2.

Kourbelis and Siovas look set to replace Manolas and Sokratis at the heart of the defense.

Stafylidis has a big task ahead of himself if he's starting at left-back, which seems to be Van't Schip's thinking. Chiesa is a handful. Bakakis looks set to start on the opposite wing. He's no match for Insigne and Spinazzola. They won't be aided much by Mantalos and Vrousaj, both of whom look likely to start in the wide areas of the midfield. These choices have disaster written all over them.

In the middle, Galanopoulos and Siopis appear to be competing for a place alongside Bouchalakis. I'm not sure what Van't Schip has against Zeca, but he doesn't appear to rate him at all.

Van't Schip is playing with the idea of Donis and Koulouris leading the line. I'm okay with this, but I would be very disappointed if Fetfatzidis doesn't get subbed on if that's who starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post

Kourbelis and Siovas look set to replace Manolas and Sokratis at the heart of the defense.
              Even though Kourbelis is essentially a CB, I don't think he is a good one.

Stafylidis has a big task ahead of himself if he's starting at left-back, which seems to be Van't Schip's thinking.
              Probably the only player in the world who knows he is safe whatever happens. No pressure on him.

Bakakis looks set to start on the opposite wing. He's no match for Insigne and Spinazzola.
              Massive weak link.

In the middle, Galanopoulos and Siopis appear to be competing for a place alongside Bouchalakis. I'm not sure what Van't Schip has against Zeca, but he doesn't appear to rate him at all.
              Zeca is incredibly one-dimensional.

Van't Schip is playing with the idea of Donis and Koulouris leading the line. I'm okay with this, but I would be very disappointed if Fetfatzidis doesn't get subbed on if that's who starts.
              I would say Fetfa should be playing 90 in both games, but that is just me.

Comment

I'd rather see Fetfatzidis start over Koulouris, but if he comes on late with fresh legs, during a lull in the game, he could prove even more effective should Italy begin to tune out.

Zeca is a tireless runner and has leadership qualities. He's willing and able to play whichever way his coach demands of him. He's not a dependable passer of the ball, but he can still pitch in goals and assists. He can make a difference. I don't think we can afford to leave him out of this game mainly because he's so effective at pressing opponents.

Kourbelis is a better player than he's given credit for being. He's quick, aggressive, vigilant, and hard hitting. As far as CBs go, I prefer him over Siovas due to his athleticism and alertness to danger. He may not be starting material for Greece in the grand scheme of things, but he's a good option to have should someone be suspended or injured at a minimum and I don't think he's a bad option to play in the middle when we take on teams that may otherwise overwhelm us defensively, like Germany.

Comment

Lol, I can give you the vital stats of this game before it even starts if these are the players Vant Schip is trying out...

SHOTS ON TARGET= Italy 8 Greece 0

SHOTS OFF TARGET= Italy 11 Greece 2

POSSESION %= Italy 71 Greece 29

CORNERS = Italy 9 Greece 1

OFFSIDES= Italy 3 Greece 4

FOULS = Italy 8 Greece 17

YELLOW CARDS= Italy 1 Greece 4

GOAL KICKS= Italy 1 Greece 7

Now I'll let you guys predict the score using the aforementioned stats, but I'm almost positive it wont end 0-0

Comment

Apparently Kourbelis will be playing CB. With Donis and Koulouris upfront. He is wanting to play 4-4-2. I guess he wants to keep things basic. I just hope our players don’t give up before the game starts. I hope they give their best and try to impress. Donis and Fetfatzidis need to start. They are our best attackers. Koulouris and Donis have to be smart, they have to make good runs and get involved more in possession. They need to drop in ask for the ball. Bouchalakis and either Siopis or Galanopoulos need to work together with the front 2.

I wonder who’s going to play on the other wing? Limnios might play but maybe one of Koutris or Stafylidis takes the LM position. Fetfatzidis should definitely be the RM.

Comment

I think perhaps the weakest leftback with a greek passport Staf will start ahead of Koutris.

I dont think Fetfa will start.

Comment

Stafylidis over Koutris is murder

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                          Stafylidis over Koutris is murder
                          True, but media love staf for some reason. Whatever he does, that wont change. When the Greek media decide they like someone..

When they don't like someone.. well Fetfa is the assist leader in the Super League - lets see if he starts..

On the plus, at least if Staf starts we know Van Shit lied about watching previous NT matches.

Comment

Any reason why the NT are where they are
                            Το 24ο Ευαγγέλιο μεταφέρει το τελευταίο πλανάρισμα του Φαν Σιπ ενόψει Ιταλίας για σχήμα, διάταξη, πρόσωπα 11άδας. Ο αντι-Μανωλάς , ο μπαλαντέρ Κουρμπέλης και η σφήνα Λημνιού σε Κουλούρη - Δώνη. - SPORT 24 - Συνεχής Αθλητική Ενημέρωση

Comment

Had Tsimikas not been injured, he would have started. I think he's the first choice left-back at this stage. Koutris was a bit unlucky in failing to get a move abroad this past summer.

Stafylidis last weekend came on for 30 minutes in Hoffenheim's away win over Bayern Munich. It appears he played in a back four as a left-back even though he came on for a right-sided midfielder. I can't really comment on how he played, but he was probably tasked with covering Gnabry, who is in great form (he's the new Patrick Kluivert). I think Chiesa will give him a harder time.

Comment

Working...
                              X