Armenia vs Hellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past players and what we used to have does not mean much to me about this point on Bakasetas. For me he did a decent job of switching the play around and his touches were all good for the most part which kept the Greek flow going and allowed us to create chances and pressure the Armenia defense, like we did with a similar system against Bosnia, that's what matters.

He has had a hand in most of our moves the last few games with smart quick passing, he does not run like Fortounis so yes it will be great when he is back up and running.

I do agree that Pavlidis was starved of the ball and that would be due to not enough direct play from Baka so 100% room for improvement there and something for the team to work on.

As to if anyone one would miss him... let's see what happens when he does not start again... I think we are taking for granted the combo of Mantalos-Baka-Limnios but hey, we could be even better if there is a change, we can only wait and see. There can be no denying the combo is working well for us given where we have come from.

Greece is not going to the Euro for many reasons outside of Bakasetas and what Pukki can do for Finland.

If not for our poor finishing we should have won 3-0 today kai ase ta 0-0 because of Bakasetas who I watched carefully and helped create these chances.

Comment

We could’ve won by more. We are creating lots of chances lately and it’s great to see. The finishing needs improving. If we improve in front of goal then we have nothing to complain about. We look very organised and play attractive football. If we put Fortounis in for Bakasetas and Vasiliadis in for Galanopoulos and if JVS helps our attackers be calm in front of goal then we are exceeding expectations.

Bakasetas in 25 caps hasn’t scored or assisted. That’s alarming. He still needs improving as a player and I think he has reached his ceiling. He has scored for the clubs he has played for but for Greece he just can’t do it unfortunately. Has his performances improved lately for Greece?... a little. Is he at the level we need him?... no. Is he good enough for Greece?... no. He is just simply not good enough and he’s had 25 chances to prove that he is a starter and he hasn’t done enough or can’t do more. He is physically strong, he has got a good shot and runs a lot but that’s where it stops. If we want to qualify for tournaments than Fortounis needs to step in his place and be the midfield maestro we know he can be.

Fortounis is still our leading goal scorer with 4 and assist maker in this whole qualifying campaign and he’s been away for more than half of it. That should speak volumes.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/greece...eldata/%262018

Comment

https://www.agonasport.com/agonaspor...gainst-armenia

Comment

Working...
        X