ECQ Greece vs Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECQ Greece vs Finland

Can we go 3/3 and also get some revenge for the Eur 2020 bond Finland!

Game is at OAKA - interested to see what type of crowd we get given the football we have displayed of late under JVS

They should do what Romania does and fill it with school children. I can't see too many adults paying to see kourbelis, Bakakis, bakasetas and Stafi lead the charge.

Comment

Come on mate, you think people are not excited about what this team has shown the last few games? Are you not excited or happy to see this team play well?

Comment

Same 11..

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ella...a.5641984.html

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
          Come on mate, you think people are not excited about what this team has shown the last few games? Are you not excited or happy to see this team play well?
          I am saying what I think Greeks think and I don't think they are too excited about paying to see the players I mentioned play in games with nothing at stake. Personally I am happy we are playing a little better. There is more space in non competitive games and it gives our players room. However, I don't think you can build a competitive side out of Stafi at CB or Bakasetas as a 10. Also the whole 4 lbs thing.. No point building your house on sand and being proud it hasn't started to subside just yet and then getting angry at others who point out it may start to subside soon. Better to put down proper foundations on rock. When these foundations are put down - I can imagine greeks starting to pay again to watch the NT. I remember when Skibbe first started, I said he wouldn't be able to anything because he has no faith in the Greek talent pool. however the first few games - some were saying - 'we look better.'

I stated we could live without Sok and Manolas as the media shields them hugely. So far I was proved right. Hadzidiakos looks very comfortable and I was happy he was selected even before he played. I stated Van Shit would fill the team with LBs like Skibbe did and even said we would see LBs at CB despite Hellas having literally 100s of CBs. How did I know that? I have never even seen one of Van Shit's teams before he began coaching Greece. I stated we would not qualify the last two qual tournaments with the players selected as they were not technical enough and not at international standard. I was proved right. I just say what I see with no emotion. It is easy to see all this. It is not like we are witnessing a Barcelona and debating whether Vidal or Rakitic should start. For me with Hellas we are debating whether players who have trouble with the passing game itself should start. Whether players who don't lift their heads should start. Whether players who struggle defending and get turned by their markers easily should start.

I would rather an average CB start at CB than a poor LB start at CB. I would rather we played a 10 who can actually turn his man than one who just tries to look involved. I would rather our cms have 1% of forward thinking in their play rather than looking to pass back on instinct vs weak sides.

Anyways, here is the crowd - as I suspected. A firendly group of Finns also in the stadium. Fair play to them:

Comment

I'm a little disappointed we won't get to see Vasileiadis. We have a lot of difficulty playing the ball in the middle. Right now it's our movement and numbers that are making all the difference. I think Stafylidis at CB is asking for trouble. We already saw him and Hatzidiakos on different pages when Bosnia scored. Pjanic was pretty subdued that game and didn't ask any real questions of us. Armenia were also missing 7 players. I think Finland might be tricky, but that depends on whether Finland shows up to play. Pukki and others might be saving themselves. This game is dead rubber.

Comment

I don’t disagree with much of what you have written there Reaper, my point was I don’t get the name calling of JVS and belittling of some players who are playing well.

Stafy at CB good test today, I myself have said, don’t get the obsession with this but must be due to leadership qualities

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                This game is dead rubber.
                On paper yes but if we can win it can get us to pot 3 for WC qualifying

Comment

That old guy screaming is so annoying!!

Comment

Great pressure from Greece but need to connect better on our shots

Comment

Van't Schip should have played Siovas. Disaster.

Comment

There it is... Stafylidis gives the ball to Pukki and 0-1... what an idiot!!!!

Comment

Stafy back to his suicidal defending ways as predicted. Gifted Pukki the goal through idiocy.

Finland 0-1.

Comment

What the fuck was Stafylidis doing? He not only messed up but didn't even hustle and disrupt Pukki

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                              That old guy screaming is so annoying!!
                              Kinda like him, looks like an old mafioso.

Comment

Working...
                              X