Friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well seeing as the Greek media bent the knee to VS after each of his failures, he is more confident than ever. The Greek NT seems to be lead by the motto: Failure is n̶o̶t̶ an option.

VS will have Tzavellas leading the defence, Zeca the midfield and Bakasetas the attack tomorrow.

https://www.gazzetta.gr/football/200...mats-me-belgio

Comment

I dont really mind Tzavellas and, although I wanted to see a Siopis-Galanopoulos combo, I am disappointed to read we are going for the failed combo of Zeca-Bouchalakis again with Bakasetas in front of them going to be a hard watch

Comment

I don’t have high expectations for this game. Especially now with Bakasetas in the starting 11 our attacks will get no where and be non existent. Friendlies should be used to try untested players and try different combinations. Not the same old.

JVS set us up to fail as soon as the call ups came out. With the players he has called up, I would do this.

Vlachodimos

Androutsos Mavropanos Papa Tsimikas

Galanopoulos Siopis

Masouras Pavlidis Tzolis

Douvikas

Try Pavlidis as a second striker/CAM like in the last friendly where he did well to support the striker. I would also like to have seen Alexandropoulos called up but JVS doesn’t want our midfield to improve...

Alexandropoulos can do it all. He’s fast, dynamic, skill, strong, great passer and vision. He can also defend and attack equally well.

Comment

I believe some of the young guys were left off so they can play in the U21 qualifiers this week, which makes sense.

Comment

Dunno, that old under 21 excuse.. if VS wanted him in the men's team, he would be there. The men's Greek NT has a tragic midfield. England started Saka vs Austria yesterday. He scored the only goal, he 19.. they also started Bellingham on the right last night. He is 17.

The young players who are not good enough for the men's team should be in the under 21 teams. Those good enough for the men's team, should be in the men's team, whatever the age. VS has political reasons for choosing his squad and 11. He doesn't give a flying fuck about the under 21s and neither does anyone in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
              Dunno, that old under 21 excuse.. if VS wanted him in the men's team, he would be there. The men's Greek NT has a tragic midfield. England started Saka vs Austria yesterday. He scored the only goal, he 19.. they also started Bellingham on the right last night. He is 17.

The young players who are not good enough for the men's team should be in the under 21 teams. Those good enough for the men's team, should be in the men's team, whatever the age. VS has political reasons for choosing his squad and 11. He doesn't give a flying fuck about the under 21s and neither does anyone in Greece.
              I agree 100%. If your good enough, your good enough. Doesn’t matter what age.

Comment

3 natural left backs in the 11, Tsimikas, Giannoulis and Tzavellas. Bakasetas leading the attack and no Zeca.

Comment

Belgium
                  vs
                  Greece

InfoTrackerLine-UpsH2H
                  Line-ups:
                  Simon MignoletOdisseas Vlachodimos
                  Toby AlderweireldThanasis Androutsos
                  Jason DenayerKyriakos Papadopoulos
                  Dedryck BoyataGiorgos Tzavellas
                  Thomas MeunierKonstantinos Tsimikas
                  Leander DendonckerKonstantinos Galanopoulos
                  Dennis PraetAndreas Bouchalakis
                  Thorgan HazardGiorgos Masouras
                  Jeremy DokuAnastasios Bakasetas
                  Romelu LukakuDimitrios Giannoulis
                  Yannick CarrascoEvangelos Pavlidis

Same nonsense with JVS. Bahasetas in Tziolis out , no surprise. The only positives, is Androutsos getting a run and Giannoulis and Tsimikas getting a start together on the left. Not to many times that has happened, always intrigued with these two if they could work well together in attack, as they are the rare greek breed these days with any sort of football pedigree

Comment

The Giannoulis/Tsimakis experiment is definitely an interesting change. Why not see what they the two of them can do together. Androutsos should have started 4 games ago. Galo in the line up is a plus as well. Bakasetas....

Comment

Idiot Greeks taking a knee for BLM..

Comment

What a chance by Greece!! so close!!

Comment

What were they supposed to do? Stand while the Belgium players were on their knees?

Comment

Another nice shot by Masouras...if he could only finish..

Comment

Great save by Vlacho!

Comment

Belgium 1-0

Comment

Working...
                                X