Sokratis (Arsenal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started on the right again. He almost scored through a headed chance. It was well taken, a real bullet meant for the top corner, but he couldn't beat the bar. Arsenal kept a clean sheet, but West Ham could have put a couple away with a bit more luck.

Comment

How did he go with the ball? I have found him to be pretty good in the RB spot but didn't catch this game

Comment

Arsenal lost to Brentford, a 2nd division team, in a friendly. Sokratis looked out of sorts on the one goal I saw. He tried to close down the pass, but allowed the man on the ball to run with it. It was a bad mistake. He has to do better.

Comment

He will most likely be leaving Arsenal imo.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
            Don Giovanni commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. He hasn't been good enough to deserve his place at Arsenal (and this is coming from someone who rates him still).

He's not even on the bench today. Mari and Mustafi got the nod instead. Luiz and Sokratis were to blame in the loss to Brentford.

Comment

Yeah Arteta instead opted for Luiz who came on in minute 24, made an error that lead to the 1st City goal, then caused the penalty to which City doubled there lead and he was sent off for.

Comment

Luiz.... lol one over-rated bastard

Comment

The big problem was against Brentford. Luiz trying to dribble past two players and then Sokratis compounded the mistake by being too eager to win possession back. Both were overdoing things, trying to make themselves look like better players to convince management they still belong at club. The coach has to calm them down. This and the loss of confidence from the coach is why Luiz performed so badly against City.

Sokratis and Luiz are the best duo Arsenal have at the moment at CB. Between the two of them, there needs to be better communication and discipline. They have to resolve that if this season is to end well for Arsenal.

When the season is over, either they leave or accept a squad role. There is no way they can expect to keep a starting place. Arsenal need younger solutions at the back and build a proper side from the ground up to fit Arteta's approach. I think Arteta made that clear enough by electing to start Mari and Mustafi in this match against City.

Comment

He's been out because he had a muscle strain. He'll be missing for the next four games.
                  Τελευταία στιγμή βρέθηκε εκτός αποστολής για την αναμέτρηση με τη Μάντσεστερ Σίτι την προηγούμενη Τετάρτη. Λίγο έγινε γνωστό ότι ο Σωκράτης Παπασταθόπουλος

Comment

Sokratis and Mavropanos are both wanted at Stuttgart. Also Donis is ending his loan at Reims. We could see as many as three Greeks at Stuttgart next season.
                    Arsenal defenders Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Konstantinos Mavropanos are both being tracked by Stuttgart, with the latter set to complete a loan move.

Comment

He didn't feature in Arsenal's 2-1 win over Liverpool. Arsenal played a high pressing 3-4-3.

Comment

And it looks like he'll be happy to collect a paycheck from the bench.

Comment

I'll take 90 thousand pounds a week to warm the bench, happily. He's no longer needed on the NT, he can still keep in shape through training, and can retire with a bit more bank if he chooses in a year's time. He has nothing left to prove except to himself.

He and Ozil are probably aces at The Last of Us at this point.

Comment

I do think he's a good option from the bench, for Arsenal and for Greece. I think Arteta could help him become a better player too. We'll see, but at 31 he still time to write another chapter in his career.

Comment

I’ve always been a fan of Sokratis and I believe he has built a great career for himself. He hasn’t won a lot of trophies (as that is what makes you a legend in the game) but he has done well for himself. Always gave a 100% for Greece and for club. Probably not the greatest technically, but always did his job. I would happily like to see him play for Greece again, but I’m too much in favour in playing the youth. That’s just the way I feel. I still think he can offer something. But now with players like Hatzidiakos, Mavropanos and Retsos, I feel like his time is up. We’ve struggled for the last 5 years and it’s time for things to change.

I’m not happy about Manolas not being in the squad but if that means success without these two than I’m all for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X