Ninis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninis

He will sign for Omonia, back under Anastasiou. Mavrias is also heading that way. This is his last chance to salvage something from a once promising career.

Don’t waste your time file... I’ve been hopeful too many times wth his career and he always has let me/us down on multiple occasions. When he went back to PAO I thought this could be a fresh start and he showed glimpses of his old self. Then when he went and played for Charleroi I thought he was gaining good momentum and was hoping for something more than they sacked him and went to another Belgium team. Didn’t play and then is now in the Israeli 2nd division. Also he he is hardly playing for various reasons. He is 28 I think we should move on from him because he will let us down again.

Comment

Is there a link to this?? I can’t seem to find one.

Comment

It's still up in the air if Ninis will sign.

https://www.kerkida.net/articles/all...5-ninisomonoia

Mavrias has signed:

http://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/...-stin-omonoia/

Comment

Ahhh Hellas....the land of the Eternal Talents .....

Comment

Does anyone know what’s up with him??

I really cant believe he is playing in the Israeli second division. He had so much talent and so much potential. Can anyone tell me what the exact problem was as to why he has gone downhill so much. I mean like how bad can you have gotten to be playing in the 2nd division of Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
              Does anyone know what’s up with him??

I really cant believe he is playing in the Israeli second division. He had so much talent and so much potential. Can anyone tell me what the exact problem was as to why he has gone downhill so much. I mean like how bad can you have gotten to be playing in the 2nd division of Israel.
              I can only speak for what I believe on the matter.

Press fell out of love with quickly compared to players like Katsouranis and Tziolis - who are still generally respected. When you lose the press in Greece, you are done.
              Not very intelligent off the pitch. Chose to remain on the bench in Italy than play for slightly less wages at Real Betis for example.
              Injuries at key moments.
              Lack of trust from managers at key moments. For example - would score in a key goals in a key game for the NT - next game he would be benched the whole game.

Comment

The constant injuries would be my guess, I always thought he did well on the pitch and even in Belgium he was going good before changing clubs from Charleroi.

We don’t see what happens at training though so that could also be a factor

Comment

I have to agree aswell. I believe it was injuries and bad decision making on his part. I think the reason why we latch onto him a lot still is because he was a unique talent. We’ve had other great players in the past that were great like Domazos, Karagounis, Tsiartas, Hatzipanagis and others that I haven’t mentioned, but I believe Ninis was unique to all of them. Better technique, great vision and showed glimpses of brilliance. Same can be said for Fetfatzidis. I believe Ninis and Fetfatzidis best games are better than Fortounis and Mantalos best games.

Comment

I’ve always said and stick by it, there is only a few games were the Ethniki player him at CAM and they were the few games we looked very fluent and we actually scored some nice goals, sadly his career is virtually done at just 29.

Whats sadder is he’s not the only Greek footballer who lost their ways as early as their late 20’s

Comment

https://youtu.be/4Gf8FJh6GQg

Here is an interesting video back in 2015 in his second spell with Panathinaikos. This video made me think of what reaper was saying in regards to the media. Greeks in Greece don’t have high football iq and that is why players like Katsouranis (late in his career), Tziolis and Bakasetas got respected and got preferential treatment for the national team.

I believe Ninis is honest in the videos and clearly showed confidence in himself and knows what kind of player he is. If you see at the end of the video the reporter asks Ninis a question regarding sitting on the bench and wasting his time at PAOK. Ninis corrected him by saying that he was playing up until December and was playing well in that year and then got released for no reason. He even stated that the media wrote/made stuff up regarding his career. I don’t know exactly what the reason was as I guess we will never know. That’s why I think the Greeks in Greece aka the media don’t believe in this kind of player and that is why he was dropped and that is why we see Bakasetas today playing at AEK and getting NT minutes. All because of the backing of the media. I have no evidence of this as I wouldn’t put it past them as we still see ridiculous call ups.

Ninis is still the youngest scorer ever for Greece at 18. I guess all this is pointless but certainly still a controversial and yet somewhat fascinating topic till this day.

Comment

https://youtu.be/4Gf8FJh6GQg

Here is an interesting video back in 2015 in his second spell with Panathinaikos. This video made me think of what reaper was saying in regards to the media. Greeks in Greece don’t have high football iq and that is why players like Katsouranis (late in his career), Tziolis and Bakasetas got respected and got preferential treatment for the national team.

I believe Ninis is honest in the videos and clearly showed confidence in himself and knows what kind of player he is. If you see at the end of the video the reporter asks Ninis a question regarding sitting on the bench and wasting his time at PAOK. Ninis corrected him by saying that he was playing up until December and was playing well in that year and then got released for no reason. He even stated that the media wrote/made stuff up regarding his career. I don’t know exactly what the reason was as I guess we will never know. That’s why I think the Greeks in Greece aka the media don’t believe in this kind of player and that is why he was dropped and that is why we see Bakasetas today playing at AEK and getting NT minutes. All because of the backing of the media. I have no evidence of this as I wouldn’t put it past them as we still see ridiculous call ups.

Ninis is still the youngest scorer ever for Greece at 18. I guess all this is pointless but certainly still a controversial and yet somewhat fascinating topic till this day.
                        Did you ever see the game where he single-handedly beat Roma? He was only 19.. He makes the pen, scores the second and assists the third. A thing of beauty:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11yqtp

What you have to ask yourself, is that if Bakasetas had played a game like this at 19 - would anyone doubt Bakasetas would now be NT captain on the back of that performance? The media in Greece eats players like Fetfa, Xolebas, Ninis etc for breakfast. The players who struggle to control a football on the other hand - they have Tzabouka - so they get a free pass..

Comment

It’s not fair...

You see games like these and you wonder how they weren’t treated with enough respect. Fetfa and Holebas could have easily been on the left flank for Greece...

The biggest misconception about all this is that people in Greece don’t see what we see. I remember I went to Greece and my uncle in Greece told me Ninis is one of the best players he has ever seen. He didn’t want to stop talking about him. He is a Panathinaikos fan. I was young then and I only saw him from YouTube videos.

Just to clarify Reaper, why would the Greek media eat these guys up? What did they do wrong for that to happen? Also is it true that they don’t/can’t understand how football is supposed to be played and don’t know what a good player is and why?
                          Last edited by Dean97; 04-03-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

It’s not fair...

You see games like these and you wonder how they weren’t treated with enough respect. Fetfa and Holebas could have easily been on the left flank for Greece...

The biggest misconception about all this is that people in Greece don’t see what we see. I remember I went to Greece and my uncle in Greece told me Ninis is one of the best players he has ever seen. He didn’t want to stop talking about him. He is a Panathinaikos fan. I was young then and I only saw him from YouTube videos.

Just to clarify Reaper, why would the Greek media eat these guys up? What did they do wrong for that to happen? Also is it true that they don’t/can’t understand how football is supposed to be played and don’t know what a good player is and why?
                            I think with Xolebas, the Greek media didn't like that he was only half Greek. Tzavellas kicks someone - he has passion - Xolebas does the same - he is a kolopedo..

With Ninis and Fetfa - think they were both too effeminate for the Greek media's tastes. Salpi had a face that looked like it had been through a garlic crusher and he didn't care what anyone thought about him. Greek media backed off him, even when he had poor games. They respected him. Fetfa and Ninis both looked more innocent and clearly cared what others thought. The Greek media smelled blood, that was it.

Comment

Ninis is as talented, and arguably more gifted, than Fortounis; however, Ninis is too frail. You can build around a player like Fortounis, but with Ninis that's no possible due to the frequency of his injuries. Other than Noplias and Munoz, few coaches placed much faith in him.

Omonia came calling, but he turned them down. He could very well have been called up to the NT had he joined, much like Kolovos and Mavrias. As alternative to Fortounis, we probably have no better player than Ninis. I think the only hope he has left in his career is a return to Panathinaikos.

What he's doing wasting his time in Israel, I'll never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X