Tachtsidis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red carded against Sampdoria... I feel he’s doing his best to become a permanent benchie...

Don what happened?

Comment

I didn't see the game, but I'm told it was a soft second yellow. Gaston Ramirez fell the moment he felt his hand. There was nothing in it. He did worst to Dybala last week, but his teammate copped the yellow that time instead as a result of mistaken identity.

The problem is he needs to mature still. At 28 going on 29, he's been progressing far too slowly. Then there are aspects of his game where he's weak, like challenging for the ball, which shows with this red. My guess is he was too slow for Ramirez.

He's lucky to have a coach like Liverani, who himself was a similar player to Tachtsidis. That's why the team is built around Tachtsidis. I don't think they'll drop him, but they might try to sign someone better in January if they can. As things stand, he's not playing as well as he should. I have doubts he's capable of really playing in this role and I think he may fare better as a CAM.

Comment

I saw the highlights with Sampdoria. He had hand in the goal. He did really well to play the ball into the box to create the chance. The second yellow which resulted in the red I think was harsh, but the referee was in his right to give it. That cost his team the game and it hurt them again in the match to Sassuolo given that their midfield has been straining to perform at optimal levels and it reduced their options from the bench, the tiredness of the midfield prevented them from securing a win. These were games his team needed to win to ensure their safety given these are the kind of opponents who are now likely to end up relegated. He's due to return to the eleven for Lecce in the upcoming match this Sunday with Lazio. The problem now is his team only has a two point cushion over the relegation zone, whereas Lazio are chasing Champions League football. This will be a difficult game for his team and I think Lazio will win.

Comment

I think his season is over now. He suffered what looked like a serious knee injury (MCL probably) in the dying minutes of the game against Verona. His foot slide a bit and his knee buckled. He was in clear agony as he was stretchered off.

Regardless, he was falling out of favor at Lecce. Petricionne impressed a lot in the 1-1 draw with Inter and he looks like their main man now.

Tachtsidis performance today wasn't poor, but he's not playing with quality either. He doesn't position nor time his challenge like a player of his experience should. He needs to show better progress than this. He has to be smarter in how he commits himself into challenging for the ball and he needs to have better concentration. Early in the game, a Verona player flicked the ball and Tachtsidis wasn't expecting that, so he was caught flat footed as the Verona player who received the ball then let fly a good shot that nearly went in from just outside the box. He picked up a yellow putting pressure on an attacker becuase he caught the attacker's trailing leg. It was literally inches outside the penalty area. Tachtsidis needs to be smarter in how he applies pressure. Sometimes he gets suckered in and once the player blows past him, his team gets in trouble. This is an area of game he has to improve.

Nevertheless, when he gets it right, he looks hard to beat. He can be that kind of player, but given his lack of pace he has less room to lose his concentration. A lack of pace means he can't make recovery challenges. He has to get it right with great anticipation and awareness. He has no room for error in that respect. He has to be mentally very strong as a player. He has to be mentally focused more than any other player on the pitch. Compared to where he was five years ago in that respect, he has shown some improvement, but not enough.

He also had a chance late in the game in to put a cross in, but he over hit the cross. Granted, his team were down a man and even if he put a good cross in, he only had one, rather short player to aim at, but again it's the quality of the cross that disappointed, it was not good enough. Maybe he was hoping for someone to make a late run and used the small CF to draw defenders, but if he was more aware he'd have known better. He has to be smarter. Maybe he should have pushed the defender to the goal-line and try to nick a corner instead I think. Some of the decision-making and technical quality has to be better.

Tachtsidis is lucky to have Liverani as his coach. It's his coach's faith and trust that has kept him in the first team even as evidence has been mounting this season that he has regressed from being the player he was in Series B. Hellas Verona were a Series B team last season, so maybe Liverani thought Tachtsidis could find his rhythm here, but he couldn't. I thought Tachtsidis would finally turn a page in his career this season, but it now seems to me he will not likely continue in Italy beyond the Series B level if he can't seize opportunities like this and given the injury he suffered, I think this game may possibly be his last in the Series A.

I hope his injury isn't as bad as I think it may be and I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Comment

Wow he's only out a month. Given his reaction and the nature of how he got injured, I really thought it was a ligament tear.

Comment

Good news

Comment

He's a good player, but he has spent so much time playing as regista and to little avail to date. I still think he's better suited as a dekari, but in the way Ballack defined the role. Maybe he needs more time. Josep Ilicic, now at Atalanta and 31 years of age, is finally delivering the sort of phenomenal performances long expected of him, but before his move to Atalanta, he was not considered anything special, showing little more than the odd flash of brilliance and providing for the most part forgettable performances.

Tachtsidis has the quality to score like that, but only if he has the concentration and conviction to do it. Italy is a league for old men, so we'll see, but he has to seize these opportunities and make more from them. He has to inspire himself to do better.

Comment

I know I’ve said this in the past but that Hungary game when he played for Greece...

That was his best game in a Greece shirt. He scored, assisted and set up one in a 4-3 win. He was everywhere that game. It didn’t matter that he was slow because he did nearly everything right that game. His passing was on point and was very aggressive in everything he did.

I’ve always had a problem with his speed. He is very slow and isn’t agile. He has tremendous strength. But he is slow just like Samaris and that is what hurts these 2 the most. Once upon a time Tachtsidis passing was always class especially his through balls. Ever since he left Roma things weren’t the same for some reason.

The thing is, if your a very slow player and play in the midfield, you got to always deliver with your passing consistently. You have to at least be assisting if you want to be an effective player. Unfortunately Tachtsidis is not the same player and he has other problem like concentration and positioning which is very important in the mental aspect of football.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
                    Don Giovanni commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He's getting older now too, so he can't cover ground with the same level of energy as he could 5-7 years ago.

I think for him, his concentration has to be that much better so that he can anticipate when to make the challenge or where to be to make things happen on the ball. He's slow, his recovery run (and runs in general) are a problem for him and so he has less flexibility in his positional play.

He's regressed as a player. Last season he was instrumental for Lecce, but yesterday Lecce managed to beat Lazio without him. Since the restart, he has only lost matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                    He's regressed as a player. Last season he was instrumental for Lecce, but yesterday Lecce managed to beat Lazio without him. Since the restart, he has only lost matches.
                    I believe there used to be something special with this guy. His vision and passing abilities were excellent in his Roma days. Don’t know what happened to him and his development. I suspect he’s always been lazy. Heavy built type player that can’t cover much ground because of his size. He just needs to be smarter defensively. A guy his size should learn to position himself better. He’s isn’t fast enough as it is.

Comment

On the verge of being released by Lecce, might end up in Turkey... he is all but done as I thought

Comment

I hope he returns to Greece. When the confidence and freedom is there for him to play his natural game, he can be very good.

Comment

taxi still getting 6-7 ratings in serie b. lecce with a big away win in verona against chievo, while empoli drew 2-2 and both sides with a greek starter are tied for the lead in serie b.

didn't watch or see highlights from either match, but taxi graded high, 6.5-7 and nikolaou at CB graded one of the highest for empoli. this guy had like 4-5 matches for osfp, i know 1 in the CL where he looked lost. has the body for professional football and his value was based on future promise. looks like he's picking things up very well and will probably get a transfer to 'name' serie a side.

i still feel taxi was never given a fair shot and the meager opportunities he had...yes, some he buggered with irritating schoolboy errors. 2-3 errors are forgotten quickly when he sprays a 40 yard ball out wide on the foot of a winger.

still can't believe that garbage like bouxa and kourbelis start at intl. level ahead of taxi.

jvs is another manager who plays the double pivot. i can do that for much less in salary. play taxi-zeca then as your double pivot and fortounis ahead of them. play donis or tzolis on the left and we have a side that can bite you on the counter and better in build-up.

i agree with the don, above - mandalos just doesn't cut it.

Comment

If you remember a few years back, he was one of the best players in Seria B. Then he got bought by Roma and played under Zeman who loved him, he would start him as the playmaker (a lot of Roma fans were pissed because he was playing over an Italian national team player) . After he got fired, it was all downhill for him and he barely featured.

Comment

^^^
                              LOL, yes the aforementioned Italian NT member was Daniel De Rossi, who started his career with Roma's youth academy. The club supporters put Zeman in an impossible position everytime he started Taxi over De Rossi, who in all fairness was regressing at the time. The fans also preferred the American Bradley at the time over Taxi. I saw a lot of his games at Roma, and what a fun system Zeman implemented with the club, emphasizing uptempo offense buildups, Taxi's strength, but minimized the finer points on defense. More of a philosophy with Zemen that eventually cost his club crucial games that season and cost him his job.

Comment

Working...
                              X