• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavropanos - Arsenal

Played tonight in the Prem vs Watford.

Bout time! They won 0-1

Comment

I didn't catch the game, but from I read he was looking nervous today. He needs playing experience.

Comment

It’s obviously normal to be a bit shaky when you haven’t played much. I think with the clean sheet it does him big favours and I could see him competing with Manolas and Sokratis for a starting spot in the nt if given more chances.

Comment

Came off in the first half today, seems to have been injured. I think his EPL career is over for the time being.

Comment

He will probably go out on loan for 6 to 12 months because he does need the experience. He can one day be as good as Kompany or maybe Van Dijk. That's what Arsenal are looking from him, that's why they are invested in him, but it will take time for him to get to that level, if he does.

Comment

He's had another preseason groin injury! He'll be out for 8 weeks!

https://arseblog.news/2019/08/mavrop...stle-revealed/

Comment

What is going on with our players?? You can now add him to the list of Greek injury prone players.

Comment

It's probably just bad luck but being that there's a growing list, I can't help wondering if it's due to the difference in training abroad.

Comment

He is probably really going for it in training to prove to the coach he deserves a spot and by that extra bit of exertion, he is injuring himself. This is a quite a common problem for players on the fringes trying to establish themselves. Would have been better for everyone if he was loaned out when it was clear the staff for some reason believed Mustafi was better than him.

Comment

I honestly would’ve like to see him in the starting 11 at Arsenal and he is more than capable of being the main CB.

Comment

I don’t think he is injured. I saw his Instagram posts and he looked like he was training like normal. It might be old posts but the posts say they were uploaded just a day ago.

Comment

He played the full 90 today in a three-man defense. Sokratis was subbed out at the 69th minute to make room for an extra attacker after Arsenal had gone 2-0 down. This was Mavropanos first senior appearance for Arsenal this season. The game ended 2-2.

Comment

How did he play?

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn't see the game, but ESPN had this to say:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/story/4011735/saka-8-10mavropanos-4-10-as-arsenal-drawtop-europa-league-group

DF Konstantinos Mavropanos, 4 -- Would've wanted to make a bigger impact on his European debut having been limited to only EFL Trophy appearances this term. Poor when passing out from the back epitomised a poor performance from the Greek.

He needs experience I gather.

Comment

Working...
                              X