Mavropanos - Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve read, generally poor reviews with a good one hear and there.

I think people need to remember this is his first game with the senior team in nearly a season, he will need some time to tune up.

Comment

He needs games under feet, to get used to playing at that level, and I'm not sure he can get them in at Arsenal, but he may stay on until the end of the season. In the summer they met let him go with Sokratis. I'm glad Ljunberg gave him the chance though. Dinos needs to keep his head up. He has a great future ahead of himself if he develops a strong enough mentality to handle the pressure of playing at that level.

Comment

Mavropanos is on the verge of moving to Nuremberg on loan for the rest of the season. They are currently fighting for their lives in Germany's second division as they are third last and in a relegation playoff spot. Would've been better to see him move to a club in the top tier somewhere, but I guess any minutes are good at this stage.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/Elli...s.5668128.html

Comment

Well said ^^ Better than playing with Arsenal's reserves..

Comment

I would rather see him play for a team in the Bundesliga but any minutes will do for now.

Comment

It's just a loan move. I wonder if this means Arsenal are still keen on keeping him.

Comment

He really needed this move to Nuremburg. Despite a horror show in his debut, he has since helped his team keep two clean sheets. His highlight moment so far was a last ditch tackle he made to deny a sure bound goal after a saved penalty:

Comment

He hurts his back on the weekend. It's not clear how long he will be out.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                    He hurts his back on the weekend. It's not clear how long he will be out.
                    Apparently it isn’t that serious. After reading a particular source, it said that he only hit his hip which caused him to go down. He’s 50/50 that he might play the next match which is on Friday.

Comment

I keep on reading how there a lot of bundesliga teams keeping an eye on him. He along with other Greek players are going to have a busy summer.

Comment

Just signed a loan deal with Stuttgart.

Comment

Donis will be coming back too. The only question is whether Sokratis will agree to a wage cut. If he does, he'll be at Stuttgart next season as well.

Comment

Also Fountas has been linked to Stuttgart.

Comment

Working...
                            X