Koulouris - Toulouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koulouris - Toulouse

According to L'Equipe, he's now a Ligue 1 player. This is a great move for him and hopefully he can settle in better than Mitroglou had.

Wish him the best of luck!! Greek Football can do with this working out good

Comment

Good move. Good luck file.

Comment

Scores on debut to earn a draw. Excellent way to start.

Comment

It was kind of a shit house goal from point blank range but obviously very promising to score on his debut.

Comment

A goal is a goal mate, don’t take it for granted

Comment

Let’s hope our players start playing for Greece like they do for their clubs!!

Comment

True, although they can do with service in the Ethniki and let’s be honest, we haven’t been able to create much but tomorrow is always a chance to change that

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                  Let’s hope our players start playing for Greece like they do for their clubs!!
                  I don't think it is a question of them playing as well as they do for their clubs, but more - not putting in-form Greek players in a starting 11 with weak and frightened players that will sabotage their performance.

Comment

For example, when an opposing winger puts the ball over stafylidis' head and starts charging at our keeper full pelt leaving Staf in his dust - no Greek team mate watching a few yards away thinks 'well Stafylidis can be useful in attack sometimes, so we have to accept this happening 6-10 times per game on his side... it is just what it is..' What they actually think is 'Fuckkkkk!!!!!!'

When opposing players waltzed passed Tziolis in our stagnant midfield and made their way effortlessly to our CBs - no Greek player watching near by thought - 'OK, they got past him easily again but he is very experienced..' They thought - 'Fuckkkk!!'

When full back converted to CB - Valerianos - was having a nightmare at CB on his Greek NT debut, no Greek player watching thought - 'well the coach had no choice but to play him there..' What they actually thought was 'Why the fuck is Risvanis watching this shit show at home?? Fuckkkkkk!!!.'

When Tzavellas would lose his man in our 6 yard box constantly - no Greek player a few meters away thought 'OK, he is not a natural CB - but at least he has passion..' They actually thought... 'What the fuck!!!!??.'

So to sum up. We can make all the excuses in the world, but when an in-form Greek player is watching is fellow players do things you would not see in the Greek 3rd division in an international qualifier - the panic is contagious. Players need to be calm and professional. Surrounding players with shitty players and expecting to them to just 'get on with it' is not how the real world works. Football is a team game.

Comment

I knew what you meant Reaper and you are 100% right. The players would and do think all those things. It’s much harder to play well when your surrounded by players who are not good enough. For example Tziolis and Tzavellas. You can’t work with them. They are too limited and actually handicap the team.

Bakasetas is another example who cripples the team. He is slow and almost 100% of the time loses possession. Pelkas at times would look nervous and make the wrong decisions. He dosent show the same amount of class for Greece like he does at PAOK. At PAOK he is actually decent. Nutmegging players, scoring abnormal goals, great passing, good interchanges with the ball in tight spaces and also plays decently on the wing. Great set pieces too.

Now I would call that inform. When he plays for Greece he isn’t as involved or isn’t as effective and I ask why? Nervousness? Anxiety? I don’t know... he just isn’t the same player. He isn’t young anymore and you can’t use that as an excuse as he is one of the captains of PAOK. The way he played against Benfica last season In the 1st leg is the way he should play for Greece and PAOK every game.

Its like once they put on the Greek jersey they don’t know how to play and Samaris is a big example to this. Fortounis is one of the few who plays the same way. Sokratis and Manolas most of the time too. Zeca could be put in that list.

The biggest thing to me is that some are not bringing their club form over to Greece and this is the problem and I believe a good coach and coaching staff can help fix that problem. Their is also a problem with the Greek mentality, every Greek thinks they are smarter than other Greeks. And that their way is better. We need someone who can bring the players together united and fight side by side for victory. Our players must trust each other aswell. The national team should be a bigger priority than clubs.

Once Greeks come together they can do anything. Look at history with Alexander the Great and with the revolution back in 1821 (which took 400 years) and more recently the 2004 euros. It’s time for the players to step up and make it mean something to play for Greece.

Weak players like Bakasetas, Tziolis, Tzavellas etc. should be ignored for more talented and stronger players. It’s that simple. And it’s not hard to figure it out. You don’t go to war with your weakest fighters, you go in with your toughest and strongest fighters. And in football you need talented players who have heart. You need the heart to push on and keep going and players who are passionate. You also need the talent to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                        I knew what you meant Reaper and you are 100% right. The players would and do think all those things. It’s much harder to play well when your surrounded by players who are not good enough. For example Tziolis and Tzavellas. You can’t work with them. They are too limited and actually handicap the team.

Bakasetas is another example who cripples the team. He is slow and almost 100% of the time loses possession. Pelkas at times would look nervous and make the wrong decisions. He dosent show the same amount of class for Greece like he does at PAOK. At PAOK he is actually decent. Nutmegging players, scoring abnormal goals, great passing, good interchanges with the ball in tight spaces and also plays decently on the wing. Great set pieces too.

Now I would call that inform. When he plays for Greece he isn’t as involved or isn’t as effective and I ask why? Nervousness? Anxiety? I don’t know... he just isn’t the same player. He isn’t young anymore and you can’t use that as an excuse as he is one of the captains of PAOK. The way he played against Benfica last season In the 1st leg is the way he should play for Greece and PAOK every game.

Its like once they put on the Greek jersey they don’t know how to play and Samaris is a big example to this. Fortounis is one of the few who plays the same way. Sokratis and Manolas most of the time too. Zeca could be put in that list.

The biggest thing to me is that some are not bringing their club form over to Greece and this is the problem and I believe a good coach and coaching staff can help fix that problem. Their is also a problem with the Greek mentality, every Greek thinks they are smarter than other Greeks. And that their way is better. We need someone who can bring the players together united and fight side by side for victory. Our players must trust each other aswell. The national team should be a bigger priority than clubs.

Once Greeks come together they can do anything. Look at history with Alexander the Great and with the revolution back in 1821 (which took 400 years) and more recently the 2004 euros. It’s time for the players to step up and make it mean something to play for Greece.

Weak players like Bakasetas, Tziolis, Tzavellas etc. should be ignored for more talented and stronger players. It’s that simple. And it’s not hard to figure it out. You don’t go to war with your weakest fighters, you go in with your toughest and strongest fighters. And in football you need talented players who have heart. You need the heart to push on and keep going and players who are passionate. You also need the talent to be successful.
                        Excellent points. One must remember however, Pelkas himself is not that consistent. He has games for PAOK where he is missing.

Bakasetas hopefully now just fades away from the NT. Will be amazed if he does anything in Turkey.

Finally, the NT coach also plays inform players out of position - like Fortounis as a striker..

Comment

Had a goal disallowed by VAR, read it was controversially disallowed

Comment

Scored goal number 3 today and salvaged can away draw for his team at the end

Comment

Doing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X