Kostas Mitroglou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kostas Mitroglou

starting for marseille against Monaco and playing very well. Scored a bullet header and could have had a hat trick. Looks like he’s lost weight.

Good timing just before the LON

Comment

And I was writing him off recently. The only problem is that he needs the ball served to him on a silver platter. Anything less and he's probably not putting away his chances. Still, the man knows how to put on a show:

Comment

Scored today

Comment

He's watching from the bench today. He needs to make a move in the summer.

Comment

His confidence is shot. He had three touches for all 45 minutes he played against Angers SCO just before the winter break. One of those touches was from the kick-off and all were in the middle of the park. It's unwanted record that no player has matched in at least the past decade since these stats have been recorded in Ligue 1. Even Opta has never recorded a stat this poor.

There is talk that Mitroglou will transfer to Spain this month. Supposedly Betis, Valencia and Seville have been offered his services. He will be gone by the summer at the latest because I cannot imagine him finding form in France at this point. With his confidence at a new low, I don't know if he'll be able to fully recover the confidence he had when he took Greece by storm, when he was scoring hatties for fun.

Comment

He made bad decisions. Like many Greek footballers - they have gone to clubs where the money is right, but the style is wrong for them.

Comment

I don't think he made a bad decision going to France, but the timing of it, so late into September and having been injured, was a problem and then he never got in the swing of things. That said, I think his best days are behind him.

Comment

Comment

Let’s hope he starts scoring again because the national team needs him at his best.

Comment

I say bench him unless he's on form, but he belongs at the very least on the squad.

Comment

Mitroglou is going back to Marseille this summer, where he is unwanted and under contract for another two seasons.

Comment

He came out and denied it today so let’s see what happens

Comment

So then he's in Turkey for another season. He's been struggling. The big obstacle is his price tag. I'd have liked to see him back at OSFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              So then he's in Turkey for another season. He's been struggling. The big obstacle is his price tag. I'd have liked to see him back at OSFP.
                              I am starting to think Koka may now be the better player.. I would happily take back a 27 year old Mitroglou..

Comment

Working...
                              X