Other Greeks Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s best we start Mitroglou and see what he can do. Then bring on Donis and Fountas in a 3-4-1-2 as they can use their speed and energy in the last 30 minutes where the opposition will be less energetic. But as you said and I agree Pavlidis deserves to start.

If Fountas was to get called up I don’t where JVS would use him. I’m getting a feeling he would play him on the wing. If he was to play a 2 striker system then I see Fountas being the second striker. If Fountas or Donis play off the defenders shoulder we could be in on goal multiple times because of their pace. Mitroglou and Pavlidis are more useful as a target men due to their strength and size. Koulouris isn’t a starter for me unless he proves himself more for Toulouse.

I don’t know how we are going to fit all these players. Fortounis, Donis, Fountas and Pavlidis all deserve to be selected. Only one of Vrousai and Bakasetas should be selected. Don’t forget Albanis should be looked at as he been performing well when he has played.

Comment

Zeca has won major plaudits in Denmark. The impression he has made may pave the way for more interest in Greece from the Danish champions. Copenhagen take on Istanbul Bakasehir in the last 16 of the Europa League. They are in a good position to qualify for the quarters.

Comment

I don't know how our boys can play in Turkey having to put up with this:

I hope Bakasetas leaves for elsewhere in Europe or returns to Greece.

Comment

Fuk me dead... Surely you would want to leave

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            I don't know how our boys can play in Turkey having to put up with this:

I hope Bakasetas leaves for elsewhere in Europe or returns to Greece.
            Am I missing something?? Are they mocking Greece by wearing the blue hats and uniform?

Comment

They are showing that they represent the turkish army and will deal with them accordingly (the other team has three Greek players on their side, two of which are starters)

Comment

Stefanos Kapino, former Olympiacos GK is playing for Bremen this season but he has really fallen from grace. He used to be the starting GK for Olympiacos, but he didn't play very well when he was given the chance with Werder this season.

Do you think he should be called up (for a friendly)?

Comment

Not in a billion years.

Comment

Kapinos last full season in goals for a club was at PAO 6 years ago, he shared the GK duties with the italian Leali at Oly in 2016. Every other club he has done nothing.

Another wasted talent who needs to resurrect his career.

Comment

I read he played in Werder's last game and I managed to find highlights. His club are second to bottom and he played because Pavlenka, the regular keeper, had a bad injury.

On the first goal there was little he could do. Maybe he could have had more of a reaction to try and save it, but I think he was well beat. On the second goal he could have parried the ball somewhere else. He played it right into the path of the attacker. And he could have positioned himself better to react on the follow up. He had his head in the grass on the second goal and it was clear he knew he could have done a lot better.

I think on both goals he showed a lack of match fitness more than anything else. Too bad with the coronavirus he can't get any more games in, but under the circumstances Werder are in a dog fight to void relegation. Werder will be hoping and praying they can get Pavlenka back in time, but if they go down I think Kapino could deputize as their number one. I can't see Pavlenka staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojak View Post
                        Kapinos last full season in goals for a club was at PAO 6 years ago, he shared the GK duties with the italian Leali at Oly in 2016. Every other club he has done nothing.

Another wasted talent who needs to resurrect his career.
                        He was better back then, playing for one of the best Olympiakos sides ever.

If he came back to Greece this summer, he wouldn't start for either of the Top 3 (don't know if Dioudis is better than him).

Should Werder drop to Bundesliga 2 and Pavleka moves somewhere else, it would be nice for him to develop in a league of his level right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post

He was better back then, playing for one of the best Olympiakos sides ever.

If he came back to Greece this summer, he wouldn't start for either of the Top 3 (don't know if Dioudis is better than him).

Should Werder drop to Bundesliga 2 and Pavleka moves somewhere else, it would be nice for him to develop in a league of his level right now.
                          Kapino was mistake prone. His gaffs at Olympiacos got him removed from the club. I would not wish him on aek, paok or aris as I am positive he would cost them games in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Kapino was mistake prone. His gaffs at Olympiacos got him removed from the club. I would not wish him on aek, paok or aris as I am positive he would cost them games in europe.
                            He would be good as second choice.

Comment

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post

He would be good as second choice.
                              Even then.. He is seriously an inferior keeper. I dont even wish him on clubs I don't like as I think it is just so unfair to have such a liability in your 11..

Comment

It could just be a question of maturation.

In any case, he's in a very good place. Training in Germany is the best thing for him. I think once Werder go down, which looks likely, he should become their number one.

If he came back to Greece, he'd be better than most Greeks, but the foreigners could have him beat for a place.

Comment

Working...
                                X