Taxiarchis Fountas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxiarchis Fountas

Has scored 4 goals in six games as a CF for Rapid Vienna. Not bad for a player who was playing third division German football only two seasons ago. Today is also his birthday. He's now 24.

He and Kolovos were the two youngsters Markarian called up in the loss to Faroes Islands.

Good player, having a great start to this season

Comment

He reminds me a bit of Nikolaidis based on the few highlights I've seen. He's looks to be very quick, has an eye for goal, and good feet. Prior, I recall he was more of a winger/CAM, but he's done well to convert to a CF.

Comment

You could say that, not as good technically as Demi (a few years ago anyway, have not seen him play the last two years) but he is very quick, prob faster than Demi was. Yeah he was more winger/cam previously

Comment

In 16 appearances for his club, he has scored 10 goals and assisted two. He suffered an injury against Salzburg, but it looks like he recovered quickly.

Comment

Fortunately it appears he has escaped the dark black hole that sucked talented players like Ninis in and has genuinely revived himself.

Comment

On absolute fire at Rapid.

22 games. 16 goals. 4 assists.

Comment

Here are the highlights of the latest game he has played. Was the reason for all those 4 goals... great through ball assist, another assist, wins a penalty and scored the last. He is doing fantastic this season...

https://youtu.be/AH7gPlK96sI

Comment

Scored the winner again against Hartberg - goal 17 of the season!

Comment

2 days ago he assisted. I think he came off at the 2nd half... I read somewhere he came off injured, hopefully it’s nothing serious.

Comment

Scored 2 goals in the first match of the season. I’m still perplexed as to why Koulouris got more minutes than Fountas for the national team.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/Elline...a.5751054.html

Comment

Fountas just needs time. The more he gets called up and familiarizes himself with the others, the better he'll feel and play for Greece.

Comment

i watched him against arsenal. played as a CF, in a big/small CF combo. arsenal rated him higher than the big austro-turk kara, drew luiz as his marker. had a good match, 6.5 my grade. was very good on risky flicks and knock downs. scored a gift after a blunder and nearly scored from 25 yards out on another arsenal blunder.

going forward, i'd have to consider him for greece as a CF first.

Comment

Working...
                          X