X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaper
    replied
    The problem with AEL is the fans actually despise not only Kougias but the actual AEL Arena. They say it has no soul and have been pushing for a return to the Alcazar for years..

Leave a comment:

• JVC
    replied
    Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    I hope this is not true but there is reports Larisa's clown owner may take them back to the 1960' Alcazar Stadium next season to avoid paying the higher rental price of AEL Arena...
    The problem is they average 3k a game at best....so business wise it would make sense if the rent was increased. Him fighting for rent to stay the same rate has merit, and he will probably get his way.

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    Great points Reaper...

I also think on top of this we need the teams to trust and give opportunities to more Greek players. There are plenty of talented youth and it’s more cheaper. Giving them exposure will help in the long run. Especially when the clubs want to sell them for a good price to a better team in the future. Our league isn’t like the EPL or Serie A, where they have top quality foreigners. We should be giving young Greeks more chances. Every team in the super league should at least have 5-6 Greek players in their starting 11...

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    I hope this is not true but there is reports Larisa's clown owner may take them back to the 1960' Alcazar Stadium next season to avoid paying the higher rental price of AEL Arena...

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    started a topic Stadium Development

Stadium Development

For me, perhaps the most vital part of improving Hellenic football and boosting the country in general.

Next year the new AEK stadium will be ready.

That means that Hellas has 2 elite stadiums in the Karaiskaki and Agia Sofia that any nation on earth would be happy to include in their top league. However this is not enough and neither of the two can be expanded to the 40k capacity needed for Greece to co-host a UEFA tournament.

So this is what we need to happen:

Karaiskaki 32k
    Agia Sofia 30k

Neo Toumba 40k
    Votanikos 40k

Aris rebuild 28k -30k.

This is a modest model but one that will raise Hellenic football immensely.

If we add the AEL Arena to the list - Hellas actually will have impressive league to watch every weekend as there will be at least few games available in blue chip stadia:

Votanikos 40k
    Nea Toumba 40k
    Karaiskaki 32k
    Agia Sofia 30k
    Aris 28k - 30k.
    AEL 16k

This model above will be enough to dominate the entire Balkan region football wise. It is imperative both the Nea Tomba and Votanikos crest 40k seats so secure not only future demand as the cities grow and cater to fierce european nights but future Uefa bids.
Working...
X