Clear All

• AEK vs Wolfsburg

AEK vs Wolfsburg

Date - Thursday, 1st October 2020

Venue - OAKA, Athens

Competition - Europa League

Round - Play Off Round

Time - 21:45 (Greece time)

Wolfsburg drew 1-1 at Freiberg. A very different line-up to their Europa game midweek.

Comment

They’ve started their season off pretty slow with 2 draws in 2 games. They did have a 2-0 win midweek in Europa.

Going to be a tough game but we can beat them, all depends on what players Carrera goes with and also formation.

García and Ansarifard should start in my opinion but then that leaves Livagia and Oliveira to battle for the last spot up top.

Comment

I dont think Ansarifard should ever be played on the wing, if he is to play he should be up top, he is looking fresher than Oliveira atm.

Livaja is not at his best we can all agree on that, its like he is playing Fifa Street in his head trying to nutmeg everyone or do something extravagant rather than just play the simple pass.
        Need him to be on form as I find when he isnt we lack so muxh going forward, maybe that will change now with Garcia on the opposite wing.

Shakov looked good vs Lamia but is it too early? I feel Massimo will go 433 the same as St.Galen but Garcia on the right wing instead of Ansarifard. Oliver missed Lamia due to a knock so could be back if not than Karim up top. Mantalos/Kristicic in CM and Simoes infront of the back 4.

Comment

Right now I would have Livaja on the bench, he needs to step it up not be more casual right now and this is not a game for anyone to take it easy.

I know this sounds silly but Macharias & Garcia gave us an extra leg, as such I would start Albanis and Garcia on the wings with Mantalos in the middle. That way we can really stretch the Germans.

Central defense is my biggest worry though, we are gona need to be very good in attack to keep Wolfs somewhat nervous against our defense

Comment

I would start with García - Ansarifard - Livagia if he goes a 4-3-3. Livagia needs a big game for us. CB is our biggest worry as that’s where we are thin but overall so far our defence has been pretty decent. Wolfsburg don’t score many goals either going by their results so far.

Comment

Is this Wolfsberg from Austria? Or Wolfsberg who won the German Bundesliga in 2009?

Comment

^^Bundesliga Wolfsburg, they will be tough opposition

Comment

Wow, they finished 7th and made the Europa League. I didn't know Germany had so many European spots.

I see they have Omar Marmoush and Wout Weghorst... they couldn't find malakes with dumber names? I think AEK can get something here, but Wolfsburg is not the force they once were when they had Dzeko, Misimovic, and Grafite, or the later team when they had Schurrler.

There are only five German players on the team today. Club football for me is losing its character. Every club now is like the United Nations.

Comment

Pumped for this one. Will go in as underdogs but if we can defend well we have a chance. We need to remember our squad is worth around €35 million, whilst there's is close to €200. Wish it wasn't at 3am Perth time

Comment

Also, Charleroi or Malmo at home would have been nice...

Comment

Greek teams always seem to get the worst draw the last few years... every time

Comment

I’m confident we can get a result, but it will be a tough ask. We need to be focused and literally at our best in everything we do.

PAME MORI AROSTIA

Comment

4-3-3
                            Livija benched which I don't mind, Garcia starting
                            Simoes, Krististic and Shakhov all starting.
                            Looks like Carera is going for extra cover, probably good as our back four isn't rock solid.
                            Maybe a little defensive, hopefully Mantalos doesn't get lost out on the left. Need to do everything right!!
                            PAME AEKARA MOU!!!

Comment

Pame AEK

Comment

Working...
                              X