AEK in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    If every team had the millions in football profits from Champions League football for over 20 years like Olympiakos, I am sure we would all be in a different state.
    Doubt it. PAOK have the same budget as Olympiacos and Savvidis is not as rich as Tiger.. also PAOK don't have 20 years in the CL. Also when you guys won the league you immediately sacked the manager and disbanded most the team.

Your problems begin and end with Tiger's miserly management imo.. and as long as that fact is shielded, I doubt it will be resolved..

Comment

I agree with you after we won the league, it was crazy that the team disbanded when we should have been building

Comment

Reaper I don’t disagree with what we did to ourselves but what ever you wanna say about budgets and PAOK having the game budget as you is not entirely true, Olympiakos has a capital amount of Champions League money no other Greek team can dream of, that means you guys are on another level, what Dean expects is somewhat unrealistic without that capital

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
          Reaper I don’t disagree with what we did to ourselves but what ever you wanna say about budgets and PAOK having the game budget as you is not entirely true, Olympiakos has a capital amount of Champions League money no other Greek team can dream of, that means you guys are on another level, what Dean expects is somewhat unrealistic without that capital
          You make a good point. But with Melisanidis net worth at 3.4 billion and Ivan Savvidis at 1.7 respectively, you’d think that they could do a little better for there clubs to be at least on the same level with Olympiakos. Marinakis net worth is around 650 million and Olympiakos is the only bright spot in Greek football. I don’t know what the aim is for AEK but winning the league and doing well in Europe should be the target. Same goes for PAOK. The champions league money has been a bonus for Olympiakos and we’ve been selling our player at great prices for the past 10 years. I just think with AEK and PAOK owners should be doing more for getting better players to come in to the club. Hopefully with the new stadium coming this will get better.

Comment

I agree with that Dean, sadly it’s obvious they won’t. We thought Meli would with the new stadium but not to be

Comment

Game vs Dinamo Zagreb postponed after a 29 year old AEK fan was stabbed to death at Nea Filadelfia last night by Dinamo Zagreb Fans who travelled over to cause trouble outside the stadium and in the Nea Filadefifa suburb.

UEFA yet to respond
              Last edited by Dikefale11; 08-08-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Let’s go AEK looked good in the first leg.

Comment

Then we looked bad at home but were able to recover!

Royal Antwerp now, probably a harder team than I anticipated after doing some home work todat. They have a very good home record so any result we get outside of defeat tomorrow will be big

Comment

I watched the Antwerp game in it's entirety.

Hard to get super upset about their play considering it was a mere 72 hours after their previous game and when you take into account the cooldown/recovery/travel time needed before this match, it could have been much much worse.

There was no real MVP but you have to give Amrabat full credit--the guys is in his mid 30s and still runs like a wild stallion and puts in terrific crosses. The problem is we don't have a like-for-like substitute. We also did not work fast enough off the first touch to get through their defence. They were very well organized and we needed something special to combat that. Far too predictiable play looking for cross after cross. Shoot the fucking ball re gamoto lol

My biggest complaints:

Garcia--he's gone from the MVP of the club to a bit of a Lukaku. Now all of a sudden those offers coming in from Nice probably don't look so bad lol. He needs to be finishing his chances properly, and he was granted two clean headers, at least one of which should have found the back of the net.

Moukoudi/Sidibe/Vida--way too slow to be effective in the back, and far too often they get outraced to balls leading to really stupid fouls. We need some upgrades to the backline.

Eliasson--a waste of a roster space--I still don't rate him and think we can do much better.

Now considering the awful draw against Panseirraikos over the weekend, there should be plenty of rest in the tank for the home leg against Antwerp.

If we don't make CL then Europa, which is more our speed currently, but that CL money would come in very handy.

Comment

We we got caught out early as usual and they parked the bus... they had 3 CBs and they have an incredible defensive team, best in Belguim so it was gona be tough but we can get them

I agree with all your notes but for Eliasson, I like him thing he is good, in saying that, could we not have give Macherias a chance?

Big return leg tomorrow, step one, dont cop a goal early on like every game this year and go from there!

Comment

Out of the UCL. Disappointing, but I hope they can make some noise in Europa.

Comment

Great disappointment with AEK and the vazeloi not progressing on to CL. But a lot of the blame goes to the management of bot clubs. Why not spend some sort of equity on tangible talents knowing that you can possibly qualify for CL, instead of relying on past their expiry date footballers like Juankar, Peres, Amrabat, Hajsafi

​​​​

Comment

We (AEK) need to spend on defence and we haven't done so, this will prove to be critical for us and in a bad way. Backline is too old and slow, we cant compete in Europe and Greece with the defensive roster we have

Comment

Working...
                            X