crest

AEK vs Bayern Munich

Date - Tuesday 23rd October 2018

Stadium - OAKA, Athens

Competition - UEFA Champions League

Round - Group Stage Round 3

Time - 19:55 (Greece time)

Comment

Bayern have not won in there last 4 games, drawing 2 and losing 2. They play Wolfsborg the same day we play Apollon Smyrni, and I think James Rodriguez could be a doubt for this game vs us.

On top of that most of there players are senior internationals so will be playing during the break whereas only a handful of ours are.

They could be rattled going into this game based on current form, or else will look to make an example out of us and get back to winning ways.

A point will feel like a win for us. Lets cross our fingers and toes and hope for the best.

Should be a sell out as the biggest team we have faced since probably Milan in 07.

Comment

I could not stay up to watch Oly-AEK because Monday's a very busy day for me, but this one I think I'll stay up to watch. I don't mind tsonda.

Comment

Thelo niki!

Comment

Will Mantalos be fit?

Comment

Should be but we will have to wait and see

Comment

Heading for over a 50k turnout at the OAKA.. Enjoy these days at the OAKA, once the new Agia Sofia is built, these extra 25k fans will be watching from home and will miss out on the live experience.

Comment

Reaper that is the sad reality but they even made us reduce the numbers from the first drafts we had. But even with the 30-32k it is to have it would be way more intimidating than OAKA...

I don’t know what to expect in this one, a draw would be a dream result. Hopefully Ouzo has some balls and goes out and takes it to them at the start and get the crowd going, we got nothing to lose here.

Comment

These games only come by once in a blue moon so no big loss there.

I feel being at OAKA has hindered our season tickets as its simply not a football stadium and not enjoyable to watch the match unless you are in the middle of the stadium (unless you are Original and want to party), therefore it has put fans off buying tickets.

The sooner we get into Agia Sofia the better, it will make games vs small teams easier as with even 15k fans it will be pretty intimidating, I can only imagine what it wil be like at full capacity. Cant wait.

For this game all we can do is throw a hail mary, I just dont want to be the team to finnish with 6 losses. The Benfica game was really our chance but because we are such gademiades it didnt work out.

Hoping for a sell out here which will be a real sight. Hopefully no injuries to the players we have left vs Apollon on Saturday.
                    Last edited by Dikefale11; 10-17-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dikefale11 View Post
                      These games only come by once in a blue moon so no big loss there.
                      Or twice! You sold 54,000 tickets for the AEK vs Celtic game this season!

Comment

It didnt even look that full to be honest (from the TV) Im sure Original Sydney was at the game maybe he can confirm but im pretty sure that game took place on August 14th and Athens was a ghost town that day due to the public holiday. If it was tha figure thats pretty impressive, but yeah other than the odd game every couple of years we would rarely get over 40k I dont think so not that big a loss leaving OAKA. We simply just dont have the numbers for the capacity it holds.

Comment

Against Celtic I’d say there was 40k there easy. As Dikefale said it was a day before Panagia so Athens was very quiet over these days so to get the crowd we did was great. Against Vidi the crowd was poor because it pissed down rain pretty bad all day long and was windy also.

Agree with OAKA, it’s not a ground you want to go watch football. You’re too far from the action. I always sit in Original for the atmosphere since I don’t get to experience it very often, but even sitting elsewhere it’s just too far from the action. Atleast at Agia Sofia the way I saw them doing the ground the fans will be right above the action and it will create a very good atmosphere. At full capacity it will nuts.

Comment

Over 60,000 tickets sold...

Your club is bigger than Tiger realises..

Comment

Who knows, maybe we'll catch them fucking themselves up--they're not doing that great in the Bundesliga at the moment.

But basically, yeah, our players should bring their own lube.

Comment

Working...
                              X