• Apollon Smyrni vs AEK

Apollon Smyrni FC emblem.png

Apollon Smyrni vs AEK

Date - Saturday, 20th October 2018

Venue - Georgios Kamaras Stadium, Athens

Competition - Superleague Greece

Round - 7

Time - 17:00 (Greece time)

With most of the team now being fit with the exceptions of Oikonomou, Giannotas and Albanis, we have a lot of players in attack. I would like to see something like the below. I feel Mantalos can play CM, as I stated before I think it hinders us in the middle playing 2 Defensive minded players;

.............................Barkas
    Bakakis .........Chyg.........Lambro............Hult
    .....................Simoes.......Mantalos
    Bakasetas...............Livaja.................... Boye
    ...............................Ponce

I dont think we will see Mantalos and Ponce start in this game as they are only back from the knocks they picked up but just food for thought when we are playing small teams that sit back we could do with that extra attack minded player.

Im sure we will see Gala in place for Mantalos, Livaja defo starts as he misses the game vs Bayern.

Comment

Solid lineup. Could even start Klonaridis as RW, Bakasetas could come off the bench and play in a central role.

Be interesting how much game time Boye and Giannotas get in this match to build up match fitness. They will be valuable options against Bayern

Comment

Nice line up Dikefale although I don’t think Mandalos has a tank big enough to play where you have him. As a 10 100% he needs to be there, he’s useless on the wing in my opinion.

Boye needs a minimum 60-75 mins, he just looks better each game, he has so much class and confidence when the ball comes to him, hopefully he can be what we’ve been missing.

We need a win considering we lost 3 during the week to keep up with the pack, maybe Aris can cause an upset too.

I hope to see Alef instead of Gala in the middle and we need Simeos to pick himself up he hasn’t been his normal self lately.

We need to score early as I can see these guys sitting back for majority of the game and we struggle as it is when teams do that against us.

Comment

I heard the contract talks with Simoes have stalled which could be a reason for the drop in form, although I doubt it but its a small possibility.

Comment

If it’s playing on his mind, and it very well could be, then it would be a factor for sure.

Play Mantalos in the middle as a CAM, I agree with Original, he doesn’t have the tank for an 8.

I’m over the central players played on the wing at both club and national level.

Comment

Simeos contracts have again stalled over 100k. When I was in Greece I was told everything was agreed upon months ago by both sides but nothing was signed. Then Simeos team came back with a counter offer of an extra 100k. Make what you want of that extra $$$ and who was to benefit.

For me he’s been an inspirational part of our team, he loves aek, he loves Greece, he wants to stay, why not give him what he wants? He’s been a loyal servant and given everything he has each time.

Im really starting to get the shits at management, we’ve lost a lot of qualify due to arrogance and being tight. It can’t always be the fault of the player when it comes to signing contracts, the club is at fault for this.

Bakasetas is off contract also and don’t know if he will sign again either.

We could’ve got some decent $$ for Simeos and Bakasetas but instead we rake a risk at losing them on a free.

Comment

We need to win this game more than ever and hope Aris gets something in the derby to close the gap since we won’t be getting the -3 back.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	55d829b6092340a1a995b81c74d6e92c_618981.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1812

Solid lineup, hopefully Moran puts im a good display, surely therr is talent in there somewhere you dont play in La Liga by accident.

HUGE game after whats occured. Hopefulky no injuries either with Bayern 3 days away.

PAME AEKARA!

Comment

any links?

Comment

HT - 1-0, Mantalos with the goal.

Not watching so don't know how we are going but must win. Panathinaikos are flying (I'm happy for them) as are Atromitos and Aris. With only four spots in Europe next season it's going to be close, we simple must win games like this. PAME

Comment

2-0 FT

Livaja with the 2nd goal after a nice cross by Klona and Marko did well to put it away. Mantalos' goal was great.

Moran came off injured but dont think its anything major.

Very important win!

Highlights;

https://youtu.be/z1qrdFzsuRc

Comment

Great goal by Mantalos! We looked ok on the highlights I saw

Comment

Another good win away from home, well taken goal from Mandalos. We cruised through this game and played some good football along the way. Nice 2nd goal also by Livagia.

Lets hope some results go our way now.

Comment

Working...
                            X