• Panathinaikos vs AEK

Panathinaikos-football-seal.png

Panathinaikos vs AEK

Date - Saturday, 3rd November 2018

Venue - OAKA, Athens

Competition - Superleague Greece

Round - 9

Time - 19:00 (Greece time)

This is a dangerous game, they’re coming off their first loss of the season and will want to bounce back and who better to do it against than the current champs...

Comment

Line up according to reports could be -

........................Barkas
      Bakakis.......Chyg......Cosic........Hult
      ...................Gala.......Simoes
      Boye.................Livaja...............Mantalos
      ........................Ponce

I personally would like to see Galo get a run in the 11, he has been one of our best players IMO, and has played nowhere near as many games as Bakakis, who is doing okay.

Comment

It makes you wonder why Galo isn’t starting so much. Maybe he’s starting in CL midweek, but it’s been a consistent thing him not starting but he’s been our saviour on a few occasions plus he does his job for us consistently each time. Bakakis is just too erratic.

I don’t see the above 11 being much different than that. The more we have Boye Livagia Ponce starting together the better we are for it.

Looking forward to this derby, PAME AEKARA

Comment

Same lineup as above with Oiko on instead of Cosic!

PAOK also drew in Peristeri so this is a big chance to cut the difference.

Hoping for a good derby with no fasaries.

PAME MORI AROSTIAAAAA!!!

Comment

HT 0-0. We’ve been really average and haven’t gotten any rhythm going. Game has too many fouls also. PAO with the better chances overall. Our boys need to wake up and show some hunger. Let’s see what the 2nd half holds,but the longer it stays 0-0 the more confidence the kids of PAO will get, we need to score very early in this half.

Comment

Ultra boring game with very little quality.

Comment

Aek were the least enthusiastic of the two sides. They have more quality at it was obvious but just not clinical enough in the few chances they had. They need to learn to win despite being second best or not playing to their potential. I mean that almost chance were mantalos steals the ball off coulibaly, before losing it in the box, sums him up as a player. Aek get a draw through pao's inexperience, poor decision making, lack of ruthlessness. I think if pao were playing a spanish side and performed just as well, they would lose this 1-0, 2-0.

Comment

Overall it was a really flat and average performance by us, no one really stood out and wanted to be the hero. Boye Livagia and Ponce worked hard but some of their decisions and execution let us down in good scoring situations. We need Giannotas starting as Mandalos is getting worse by the week, can’t believe he played a full 90 with that performance.

We should be thankful PAO had an off night infront of goal otherwise we could’ve found ourselves down by 2 or 3.

PAOK dropped points and we failed to take advantage.

Comment

That was one disappointing game & performance.

Game plan seems to have gone out the window of late.

Mantalos & Pounce both should have set up Livaja for a goal but both got it ridiculously wrong.

Our form of late and the real lack of scoring chances is a real worry

Comment

In regards to Mantalos, I’d rather he play central than Livaja, I don’t rate the Croat that much, so many turn overs

Comment

In all honesty, I watched about 20 minutes and swtiched to Liverpool vs. Arsenal because I knew it would be more entertaining. The atmosphere at OAKA is shit unless it's teeming with people, and watching two teams nullify themselves because of so many shitty final balls?

From what I saw, PAO did more to earn a win than AEK but them's the breaks.

Comment

We were better in the 2nd half than the first in which we were tragic

Comment

Did anyone stand out for us? Positively or negatively?

Comment

For me everyone was pretty poor and no one was able to get anything going. Some nice touches from Boye but that was it.

Many times in the game our players were telling one another to pass it backwards (ethniki styles) and like the Bayern game, held possession for a while but could do nothing with it as our build up play was so slow. Livaja lost possession so many times and got one of the dumbest yellow card you will ever see.

Lately I have noticed a real lack of vision with the team. Players are free in space or making forward runs into space but we keep passing backwards

Comment

Working...
                              X