This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Team News

News updates regarding daily activity of the club.

Bajevic has stepped down from AEK.

Comment

Fans are divided over him and always will be due to what he did but I wont forget what he achieved with us as a player ans a manager He is part of our history and always will be. All the best to Dusko!

Comment

Love him or hate him he left a big piece of history with us in a good way,then hurt us in a massive way also.

I wish him all the best.

Comment

I didn't realize he was still at the club in all honesty. What was his position?

Comment

He was Executive Director. Whatever that entailed.

Bakakis and Tsintotas have renewed. Hopefully Simoes is next.

Comment

The UCL group stage draw is also tomorrow st 19:00 Hellas time.

Here are our potential opponents

Comment

Dusko did a lot for AEK, I wish him all the best.

Thoughts on who we want in the draw? Very, very tough, toss of the coin in G2 and 3.

1. Lokomotive
                2. Shaktar or Roma
                3. Monaco or Ajax
                ​​​​​
                Otherwise, fuck it, let's play the best:

1. Anyone except Lokomotive
                2. Again most clubs, maybe Dortmund
                3. Liverpool

What are everyone's expectations for CL?

Comment

Damianos Really depends on the draw and other signings we make.

Right now... a couple of home wins would be good and spirited efforts away.

Realistically many of the teams are on a complete dif level to us, value wise we got to be at the bottom of the whole League.

If we don’t buy a striker and plan on Livaja for UCL... I can’t see us doing much unless we get a real kind draw

Comment

Originally posted by Damianos View Post
                    Dusko did a lot for AEK, I wish him all the best.

Thoughts on who we want in the draw? Very, very tough, toss of the coin in G2 and 3.

1. Lokomotive
                    2. Shaktar or Roma
                    3. Monaco or Ajax
                    ​​​​​
                    Otherwise, fuck it, let's play the best:

1. Anyone except Lokomotive
                    2. Again most clubs, maybe Dortmund
                    3. Liverpool

What are everyone's expectations for CL?
                    The more marquee names, the better to illustrate the gap between clubs. Liverpool has a budget 15x what we do, so there's zero pressure on us to succeed. Same with everybody in Group 1. I expect us to get spanked like most Greek teams have done in the past--it's too much to expect anything but a stray win and a couple of draws if we're lucky in the draw and we somehow gel the new signings over the next 3 weeks. We can surprise people for sure. First time back in the spotlight, there's no excuse for other SL fans to give us shit if we get knocked about--Oly had how many years in the CL and got pumped up the ass routinely, so being given that money consistently didn't help them do anything but solidify themselves as the big fish in our small little pond.

In terms of best draw, I see us faring reasonably well vs Lokomotiv, Benfica/Porto, and Schalke/CSKA. At our best, I think we nab 6 points out of 6 from Benfica. Lokomotiv, it's a tossup, and Schalke despite finishing 2nd in the Bundesliga last season are not the powerhouse they seem--so many teams were uneven in Germany last season, it's like the year Leicester won the EPL. Every other top 4 team imploded, leaving them to sweep up the loose points.

Comment

Obviously the goal is to get to the knock9ut round but I'd be happy with passionate performances and a win or 2.

Realistically the goal should be to fight for 3rd and go to the EL.

I'm also expecting 3 sold out OAKAs. That alone will generate like €3m.

Team wise I would love a luxury team, Real Madrid or Juve, Ronaldo at OAKA would be nice to see. I would also like a British team as that game would be televised over here.

Anyway, just happy to be there, that is an achievment in its self, the rest is a bonus, lets put on a decent spirited performance and enjoy it.

Comment

It’s going to be a tough CL with the teams brag are there, at best getting out of the groups would be a massive achievement, the least we would want is 3rd place and go into Europa.

Comment

Just read an article that said bakasetas is suspended for 2 matches, how does his suspension get announced now after he’s already sat out 1 match?

Lopez and Livagia suspensions to be known next week.

Comment

Im pretty sure it takes the home game vs Vidi into consideration so he misses thr game vs Ajax and then available vs Benfica.

Livaja and Lopez will get 3 im sure of it.

Comment

Aren't red cards only 1 match if it was just a foul in a game?

Comment

Working...
                              X